Start by marking “Home Enlightenment: Practical, Earth-Friendly Advice for Creating a Nurturing, Healthy, and Toxin-Free Home and Lifestyle” as Want to Read:

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A comprehensive guide to creating a toxin-free, environmentally friendly home-with an eye toward bringing health and harmony to those living there and those on the earth as a whole.
Recent studies show that nearly one-third of American adults, or 63 million consumers, care deeply about health and environmental issues and the realization of human potential through a unity o
Published September 25th 2005 by Rodale Books

To ask other readers questions about Home Enlightenment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home Enlightenment

Time to face facts - I'm New-Agey.
dina
this is a great book to use as home and health reference guide if you are into that sort of stuff. the author can go over the top...even for me...rituals involving baths and chants and some very extreme stuff on going organic. but, she is well researched and a lot of her ideas are incredibly helpful. I actually bought the book after reading it and use it all the time. the cleaning fluid recipes work well and are easy to make. her ideas are not just for the home but for health--mind and body.
Cherie
Aug 24, 2007 Cherie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: environmentalists, those who want to change their lives but don't know it yet
A It took me several months of reading this book at short spurts (often with dinner) but it is a fantastic read. At times, Bond gets a little hippity-dippity as V would say (with all the crystal stuff) but she has a lot of incredibly valid stuff to say and backs it up with why certain things are unhealthy, and alternatives. Best, she doesn't make you feel bad if you can't change things or assume you can--she realizes some people live on a limited budget in an apt/house they rent.
Kristina
Definitely a good resource; I brought it back to the library so I could put it on a display about an upcoming program on environmental toxins (& how to avoid them), but I want to check it back out for a few of the recipes for bird food, pet care and home cleaning products. (You know, for those rare moments when I'm inspired to clean my home... :)
Lisa
I found it fascinating to learn about green building materials and natural options for mattresses, carpets, furniture, clothing, etc. However, it is a bit overwhelming to read because it is stressful to learn about all the toxins in regular "stuff." But overall, it's good to know about for long term redecorating and purchasing goals.
Allison
Interesting book with lots of healthy "green" tips. Most practical, some a little too out there for me, but maybe I'm just not in tune with the energy of the rocks in my yard. It covers a lot of information, and has a great product guide in the back of the book.
Emilysa
Living well is a constant battle as the world changes. She has a lot of great ideas and suggestions on how to make the home a healthier, more natural place. I will likely never go for everything she says, but I can try some of it.
Stacie
Some weird new age stuff-but amazing info.
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Bonnye Reed
Bonnye Reed marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Kari B
Kari B marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2013
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2013
Michele Conigliaro
Michele Conigliaro is currently reading it
Oct 17, 2013
Louie
Louie marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2013
Katie Hopkins
Katie Hopkins marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2013
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
May 04, 2013
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2013
Chre
Chre marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2013
Christine E.
Christine E. marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Better Basics for the Home: Simple Solutions for Less Toxic Living Clean and Green True Food: Eight Simple Steps to a Healthier You The Green Kitchen Handbook: Practical Advice, References, & Sources for Transforming the Center of Your Home Into a Healthy, Livable Place Eco-Clean Deck: 50 Recipes for Non-Toxic Household Cleaners