Start by marking “Home Enlightenment: Practical, Earth-Friendly Advice for Creating a Nurturing, Healthy, and Toxin-Free Home and Lifestyle” as Want to Read:

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A comprehensive guide to creating a toxin-free, environmentally friendly home-with an eye toward bringing health and harmony to those living there and those on the earth as a whole.

Recent studies show that nearly one-third of American adults, or 63 million consumers, care deeply about health and environmental issues and the realization of human potential through a unity of
Published September 25th 2005 by Rodale Books

To ask other readers questions about Home Enlightenment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home Enlightenment

Time to face facts - I'm New-Agey.
this is a great book to use as home and health reference guide if you are into that sort of stuff. the author can go over the top...even for me...rituals involving baths and chants and some very extreme stuff on going organic. but, she is well researched and a lot of her ideas are incredibly helpful. I actually bought the book after reading it and use it all the time. the cleaning fluid recipes work well and are easy to make. her ideas are not just for the home but for health--mind and body.
Aug 24, 2007 Cherie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: environmentalists, those who want to change their lives but don't know it yet
A It took me several months of reading this book at short spurts (often with dinner) but it is a fantastic read. At times, Bond gets a little hippity-dippity as V would say (with all the crystal stuff) but she has a lot of incredibly valid stuff to say and backs it up with why certain things are unhealthy, and alternatives. Best, she doesn't make you feel bad if you can't change things or assume you can--she realizes some people live on a limited budget in an apt/house they rent.
Definitely a good resource; I brought it back to the library so I could put it on a display about an upcoming program on environmental toxins (& how to avoid them), but I want to check it back out for a few of the recipes for bird food, pet care and home cleaning products. (You know, for those rare moments when I'm inspired to clean my home... :)
I found it fascinating to learn about green building materials and natural options for mattresses, carpets, furniture, clothing, etc. However, it is a bit overwhelming to read because it is stressful to learn about all the toxins in regular "stuff." But overall, it's good to know about for long term redecorating and purchasing goals.
Interesting book with lots of healthy "green" tips. Most practical, some a little too out there for me, but maybe I'm just not in tune with the energy of the rocks in my yard. It covers a lot of information, and has a great product guide in the back of the book.
Living well is a constant battle as the world changes. She has a lot of great ideas and suggestions on how to make the home a healthier, more natural place. I will likely never go for everything she says, but I can try some of it.
Some weird new age stuff-but amazing info.
Dayna marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Kipahni marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Bonnie DaRienzo
Bonnie DaRienzo marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Joannne marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Mai marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Melanie marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Bonnye Reed
Bonnye Reed marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Kari B
Kari B marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2013
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2013