Start by marking “Night Stalker” as Want to Read:
Night Stalker

Night Stalker

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  149 ratings  ·  8 reviews
From the darkest corner of your bedroom a gaunt face suddenly looms over you. You're pulled violently from your bed and a terrifying voice screams, "Swear to Satan!"
During a two year rampage, a sadistic serial killer entered the homes of families from El Paso to San Francisco. He raped, mutilated and tortured his unfortunate victims in one of the most vicious crime sprees
Published April 15th 1991 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Night Stalker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Stalker

Matthew
This book is very well written and the legal proceedings are easy to understand for the readers not familiar with the law. The thought that people are out there that sneak into homes and rape, torture and kill for fun is not a pleasant one. This book reminds us to be vigilant in life and be wary of strangers and friends alike.
Chad Brummett
The review Trine posted was actually by me. The brief synopsis is that it's not the best-written book out there, but a great read for true-crime fans or anyone that was terrified by hearing of this case in the past.
Sharon Roy
If you want to know all sides of the story philip carlos book is way better.
Lauren O'Rourke
Gruesome

My boyfriend thinks I am researching his murder based on the fact that I am obsessed with all things true crime. The more horrific, the better.

I didn't know what to expect going in to "The Night Stalker". But I know what I got coming out of it. Learning the details of each attack had me squirming in my seat. Suspenseful, even though I already knew details. I feel like I know Richard Ramirez on a " forensic investigators" level. I now lock and double check my doors at night.
Paul
Feb 04, 2011 Paul rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of true crime
Enjoyable book that covered the topic in good detail. As points it is almost like reading a novel, particularly as it nears the point of his capture. For fans of true crime it is definitely a worthwhile read.
Elissa
Mar 11, 2013 Elissa added it
Shelves: crime
Good read. Appears to be an accurate account as I was living in Los Angeles at the time and remember the fear that pervaded L.A.
Joni
Night Stalker was a well written, informative book, but did seem to ramble occasionally.
Jessica Applin
It's ok. Easy read.
Evelyn
Evelyn marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Mia Victoria
Mia Victoria marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Steven Weathers
Steven Weathers marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Miruna
Miruna marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Marlon
Marlon marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Kim Hampton
Kim Hampton marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
David Rebadow
David Rebadow marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
  • Buried Dreams: Inside the Mind of a Serial Killer
  • Laci: Inside the Laci Peterson Murder
  • One Direction: The Official Annual 2014
  • Cody Simpson: Welcome to Paradise: My Journey
  • Serial Killers (True Crime Series)
  • Lethal Intent
  • Signature Killers
  • One Deadly Night
  • Ted Bundy: Conversations with a Killer
  • The Shoemaker
  • From Cradle to Grave: The Short Lives and Strange Deaths of Marybeth Tinning's Nine Children
  • The Boston Strangler
  • 1d: The One Direction Story. by Danny White
  • Say You Love Satan
  • Journey Into Darkness
  • If Looks Could Kill
  • Killer Clown: The John Wayne Gacy Murders
  • The Mammoth Book of True Crime
The Man Who Killed Boys: The John Wayne Gacy, Jr. Story Killer Kids: Shocking True Stories Of Children Who Murdered Their Parents The Vampire Killers: A Horrifying True Story of Bloodshed and Murder Massacre at Waco: The Shocking True Story of Cult Leader David Koresh and the Branch Davidians Babyface Killers: Horrifying True Stories of America's Youngest Murderers