Start by marking “Red Light Special” as Want to Read:
Red Light Special

Red Light Special

Monday Smith is married to the mayor of New York City and struggles to keep her troubled past a secret. But when her husband’s thirst for high-priced sex leads them down an explosive path of passion, murder, and lies, she has to decide if her marriage is worth saving, and at what cost.

Collyn Bazemore, a Manhattan madam, deals with an elite clientele, and they pay big for t
Published October 28th 2008 by One World/Ballantine (first published October 22nd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Red Light Special, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Light Special

Keyona
Mar 30, 2009 Keyona rated it really liked it
This book was VERY steamy. Move over Zane because Risque is definitely holding her own in erotic fiction. The ride was great. This thriller/mystery/urban erotica kept my attention the whole time. Almost everyone got what they deserved in the end.
Nardsbaby Reader
May 11, 2009 Nardsbaby Reader rated it liked it
Nothing Would Change If Nothing Changed

Kenyatta Smith is the mayor of New York City. He's the one in charge and if by chance you forget it, he's sure to make you recognize. Kenyatta's wife, Madison, is familiar with his strengths, weaknesses and how he lies. It's been ten years and she wishes he could remember that he was a married man. Despite the obvious issues that they have with Kenyatta's womanizing, they genuinely care for one another. Unfortunately, Kenyatta's political life and philander
Lesa Divine)
Jul 27, 2009 Lesa Divine) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-it, i-own
I have to say this book was a 5 for me from the start to finish. First time reading anything by this author and I totally have to get her other book.

This book had sex and murder in it. Kept me on the edge of my seating waiting for whats going to happen next.

Monday is a woman that is married to Kenyatta he is the mayor of New York. He has a lot of secrets in his close. He sleeps around has babies up the ying yang. Monday stands by his side the best why she can even after she finds out that he is
Teaguem2005
Apr 09, 2013 Teaguem2005 rated it really liked it
Mayor Kenyatta was the most ratchet mayor in the entire US of A! This dude was simply the grimiest man I've encountered in a book in a long time...and I loved it, lol. This story was of a man who just insisted on doing whatever he wants to do, whenever he wants, however he wants. Point. Blank. Period. How his wife Monday stayed with this man in spite of his infidelities, children born outside the marriage, and blatant disrespect is beyond my comprehension. Sadly, I believe there are misguided ...more
TeQuila
I loved this novel from beginning to end.This one was my first Risque novel. What I loved most aside from the exciting storyline was the alpha males. Every male in the book was so bad-ass in his own way. There is nothing better than that for me. Good stuff:) I didn't rate this one because I want to give it a five but I can't because I did not love the ending where Monday was concerned. I was hoping for an ending for Monday more like the one that Collyn got. It's definitely a solid 4 1/2 stars!!
Yvette
Feb 24, 2011 Yvette added it
This ending being a page turner the last quarter of the book. Right up till the end it had me guessing who did it !!! and till the end I never saw it coming. The ending is the BEST. This was my first read by the author, I might just check out another book by this author.
Diana
Nov 08, 2011 Diana rated it it was ok
I struggled to finish this book because it was just sex, and then more sex, and then more sex with a really weak plot. I will say that I was confused about who committed the murder and that's why I gave it two stars instead of one. Unlikable characters and a weak plot.
Glam
May 03, 2009 Glam rated it it was ok
The Red Light Special was just OK to me I'mma have to gie it *** cause I kinda knew what was going to happen before it happened. the Sex was Fire! in this book, but i don't think I want to try the hot water thing ever...
Olivia Lagrandeur
Jul 23, 2016 Olivia Lagrandeur rated it did not like it
LIKED THE BOOK BUT BECAME DISPPOINTED WHEN THEY GAVE THE ANSWER TO WHO KILLED EVE RIGHT AWAY BUT IT STILL KIND OF THREW YOU BY WHO IT ACTUALLY WAS.
Amy
May 29, 2013 Amy rated it liked it
This book was pretty good, full of hot steamy sex scenes and political scandal it's a Goodread you should check it out!
Tanesha Edwards
Mar 23, 2016 Tanesha Edwards rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well balanced

I really enjoyed reading this book in all of its suspense, explicitly detailed copulation and grind. There was just enough love,tragedy and teachings to us women.
Tia
Tia rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2013
MrzTerrell
MrzTerrell rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2011
Belinda
Belinda rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2012
Angel
Angel rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2014
Keisha
Keisha rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2010
Jessica Serrano
Jessica Serrano rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2014
Koni
Koni rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2013
Gen
Gen rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2013
Iris Daye
Iris Daye rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2015
Geoneet
Geoneet rated it did not like it
Jan 04, 2009
Demetrice
Aug 07, 2012 Demetrice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ALL HANDS UP AWESOME BOOK
Latasha
Latasha rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2015
Crystal
Crystal rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2013
Serina
Serina rated it did not like it
Feb 04, 2016
Yolanda Meador
Yolanda Meador rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2013
Poeticprbl
Poeticprbl rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2014
Sheena Baker
Sheena Baker rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2013
Jason Frost
Jason Frost rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2013
  • Where There's Smoke
  • Naughty
  • Silence of The Nine 2: Let There Be Blood
  • Heaven's Fury
  • Where Did We Go Wrong Again?