Dog

Dog

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  220 ratings  ·  30 reviews
From the creator of the #1 New York Times bestsellerTails and the million-copy-selling Fuzzy Yellow Ducklings

Doggone fun for toddlers! In Matthew Van Fleet's captivating new multiconcept book, twenty breeds of capering canines demonstrate action words, opposites, synonyms, and more. Cleverly designed pull tabs and flaps plus ten pettable textures provide interactive trea

Published February 6th 2007 by Simon & Schuster/Paula Wiseman Books

To ask other readers questions about Dog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dog

Dart and the Squirrels by Nicole IzmaylovClifford the Big Red Dog by Norman BridwellMay the Best Dog Win by Kelly HashwayThe Poky Little Puppy by Janette Sebring LowreyFetch by Adam Glendon Sidwell
Best Picture Books About Dogs
14th out of 93 books — 97 voters
Marley and Me by John GroganA Dog's Life by Ann M. MartinCracker! by Cynthia KadohataA Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce CameronJames Herriot's Dog Stories by James Herriot
Books with Dogs on The Cover
16th out of 117 books — 45 voters

More lists with this book...

Leila T.
My child is infatuated with dogs, and unfortunately we don't have one (yet). I saw a big fat book at Target called "Cat" that had all these large, clean photos of cats on a white background, coupled with a little rhyme on each page, and lots of interactive stuff like a furry tail or shiny ball for children to touch as they read the book.

On Amazon I found "Dog", which is just as great as I'd hoped, and my 18-month-old cannot get enough of this book. It is a little bit precious, all the slidey thi...more
Ecl  Storytellers
PCC pop-up book at Farr. A great read for a small group--if you can keep kids from touching all the little parts.
Becky
I think I may have enjoyed this book more than my kids, but they insist on reading it again and again. It is especially fun to use different voices and sing it like an opera. Hey, what can I say....I'm a stay at home mom...we've gotta mix it up somehow! Even if you are an adult and just love dogs, this is a great one to add to the collection. We are especially fond of the "all dogs poop and all dogs pee" page.
Katy
the boy (an avid dog fan) LOVES this book with all of his heart. We read it multiple times a day, and I can't imagine it lasting for more than a year. Not because it's not well made (I am actually pretty impressed with its durability), but because when he gets excited, the boy can get pages flying.

Highly recommended for little dog lovers
Angela
This book is a fun interactive book for the reader. The authors have provided us with things we can feel and move to have the reader participate in making meaning. A variety of vocabulary is demonstrated such as opposites and synonyms.

Absolutely loved this book due to my love for dogs. It was a very fun and engaging book.
Ruth
Jul 19, 2013 Ruth rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: nonfic
Darling -- absolutely darling. If you have or want to have a dog-obsessed toddler, then this is the book for you. I will say that the "special features" (slides, fold outs, and fuzzy bits) are pedestrian, but 2-year-olds will still be in love-- adults doing the reading along will wish for more.
Kate
Mar 20, 2007 Kate rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: kids!
This is just one of those picture books that I immediately fell in love with! The "board book" like touch-and-feel, pull-the-tab format is great for little kids who want to have an interactive experience with a book. The photographs of dogs capture some great doggy personalities.
I love how this book not only has adorable pictures of the different kinds of dogs, but also has moving parts for a dog wagging a tail or scratching, and the end gives a name to each dog and tells you what kind of dog it is. Adorable, fun and educational :-)
Jennifer Burns- Our Book Boyfriends
The pug on the cover lured me directly to this book. The pull lever at the bottom of the cover allows you to "wag" the pug's tail. It very cute, but perhaps I'm bias because I have a pug. Maybe the cover model can instruct him on how to wag his tail.
Heather
Feb 24, 2008 Heather rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children 1-100
Recommended to Heather by: B&N
This is the cutest book! It is a board book about dogs of all kinds. It has little patches on the dogs for touching. It also has movable parts. One part you move is the dog's leg at a tree. It is so funny!
Crystal Allen
Jul 16, 2007 Crystal Allen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Parents of young children, dog lovers
Shelves: board-books
Almost as good as Tails... but not quite. I love the pull tab where the dog pees on the tree! Very sturdy cardboard pulls and lift the flaps that would be pretty indestructible for young hands.

Heather
Most of the book is really fun, but I'm not a fan of the picture of the dog lifting his leg on a tree. Yes, that's a fact of life, but it's not something I want to be showing a child.
This is the perfect church bok. Chloe loves the touch and feel, Morgan loves the interactive movement, and everyone loves all the cute little dogs!
Nicole James
Nov 17, 2007 Nicole James rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everybody!
The boys loved this books so much, they tore it to pieces. Some of the pull tabs still work...I like it because there is a dog named Truman
Amber
My daughter loves this book, so much so that I now need to replace it. Too much love apparently is hard on bindings!!!
Beth
I love this book. It has great pictures and it is funny too! Good for kids of all ages!
Beverly
Wagging tales, cute doggy faces, moveable parts = great book for dog lovers
Alanna
The million dollar book. Requested again and again... and again... and again..
Becky H.
Aug 06, 2008 Becky H. rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: toddlers
Shelves: 2008, picture-books
Way cute board book. Touch and feel. Lots and lots of different kinds of dogs.
Krista
This is a great book. Alex and I read it at least once a day.
Linda Couri
This is Joseph's favorite book in the whole wide world right now...
Jen murphy
wonderful book for babies, my 9 month old loves it
Alleycat
It was amaizing.Realy realy liked it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rose
Laila loves this book....it's "bows" nuff said!!
Natalia
Kai's absolute favorite. It is hilarious.
Caroline
I love dogs. Their tales wag in this book!
Lori
Textures, pull tabs and awesome photos of dogs!
Lydia
All dogs poo and all dogs pee.
melissa
  • We All Went On Safari
  • Hide and Seek
  • Monkey And Me
  • I'm a Big Brother
  • That's Not My Puppy...Its Coat is Too Hairy (Usborne Touchy-Feely Books)
  • Clap Your Hands
Matthew Van Fleet's innovative books have been introducing children to basic concepts for over twenty years. His unique formats invite toddlers to touch, press, pull, lift and even sniff as they explore colors, shapes, numbers, letters, opposites and more. His books include the #1 New York Times bestsellers TAILS and DOG as well as the New York Times bestsellers CAT, ALPHABET, and HEADS.
More about Matthew Van Fleet...
Tails Heads Alphabet Cat Moo