Start by marking “Dog” as Want to Read:
Dog

Dog

From the creator of the #1 New York Times bestsellerTails and the million-copy-selling Fuzzy Yellow Ducklings

Doggone fun for toddlers! In Matthew Van Fleet's captivating new multiconcept book, twenty breeds of capering canines demonstrate action words, opposites, synonyms, and more. Cleverly designed pull tabs and flaps plus ten pettable textures provide interactive trea

Published February 6th 2007 by Simon & Schuster/Paula Wiseman Books (first published January 31st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Dog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dog

Kerry Ann
Jan 03, 2017 Kerry Ann rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
[Children's book. Great for ages 1yr+.]

My little one love, Love, LOVES this book. Tactical elements for little fingers to explore, but much more fun/satisfying for little readers the direct interaction. They control elements of the book via pull tab.

Just be ready to repair or replace as it will get lots of use.
Leila T.
Jul 02, 2010 Leila T. rated it really liked it
My child is infatuated with dogs, and unfortunately we don't have one (yet). I saw a big fat book at Target called "Cat" that had all these large, clean photos of cats on a white background, coupled with a little rhyme on each page, and lots of interactive stuff like a furry tail or shiny ball for children to touch as they read the book.

On Amazon I found "Dog", which is just as great as I'd hoped, and my 18-month-old cannot get enough of this book. It is a little bit precious, all the slidey thi
Kennedy
Apr 28, 2016 Kennedy rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
This was a really cute interactive book. This book was a very simple, basic book for younger children. This book covers dogs and just basically goes over all types of different dogs. It gives kids the chance to see different types of dogs they might not have known about but it also can let them learn words and have a example of the words they would remember. I loved all the interactive, tab-pull parts. This would be a good book to use with younger children in elementary school classes.
Becky
Mar 16, 2009 Becky rated it it was amazing
I think I may have enjoyed this book more than my kids, but they insist on reading it again and again. It is especially fun to use different voices and sing it like an opera. Hey, what can I say....I'm a stay at home mom...we've gotta mix it up somehow! Even if you are an adult and just love dogs, this is a great one to add to the collection. We are especially fond of the "all dogs poop and all dogs pee" page.
Angela
This book is a fun interactive book for the reader. The authors have provided us with things we can feel and move to have the reader participate in making meaning. A variety of vocabulary is demonstrated such as opposites and synonyms.

Absolutely loved this book due to my love for dogs. It was a very fun and engaging book.
Katy
May 25, 2013 Katy rated it it was amazing
the boy (an avid dog fan) LOVES this book with all of his heart. We read it multiple times a day, and I can't imagine it lasting for more than a year. Not because it's not well made (I am actually pretty impressed with its durability), but because when he gets excited, the boy can get pages flying.

Highly recommended for little dog lovers
Ruth
May 11, 2013 Ruth rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfic
Darling -- absolutely darling. If you have or want to have a dog-obsessed toddler, then this is the book for you. I will say that the "special features" (slides, fold outs, and fuzzy bits) are pedestrian, but 2-year-olds will still be in love-- adults doing the reading along will wish for more.
Kate
Mar 20, 2007 Kate rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: kids!
This is just one of those picture books that I immediately fell in love with! The "board book" like touch-and-feel, pull-the-tab format is great for little kids who want to have an interactive experience with a book. The photographs of dogs capture some great doggy personalities.
Heather
Feb 23, 2008 Heather rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: children 1-100
Recommended to Heather by: B&N
This is the cutest book! It is a board book about dogs of all kinds. It has little patches on the dogs for touching. It also has movable parts. One part you move is the dog's leg at a tree. It is so funny!
I love how this book not only has adorable pictures of the different kinds of dogs, but also has moving parts for a dog wagging a tail or scratching, and the end gives a name to each dog and tells you what kind of dog it is. Adorable, fun and educational :-)
Jenny
Nov 22, 2007 Jenny rated it really liked it
The pug on the cover lured me directly to this book. The pull lever at the bottom of the cover allows you to "wag" the pug's tail. It very cute, but perhaps I'm bias because I have a pug. Maybe the cover model can instruct him on how to wag his tail.
Heather
Sep 14, 2010 Heather rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s-books
Most of the book is really fun, but I'm not a fan of the picture of the dog lifting his leg on a tree. Yes, that's a fact of life, but it's not something I want to be showing a child.
Amber
Jul 04, 2009 Amber rated it it was amazing
My daughter loves this book, so much so that I now need to replace it. Too much love apparently is hard on bindings!!!
Nicole James
Nov 17, 2007 Nicole James rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everybody!
The boys loved this books so much, they tore it to pieces. Some of the pull tabs still work...I like it because there is a dog named Truman
Ecl  Storytellers
May 21, 2014 Ecl Storytellers rated it it was amazing
PCC pop-up book at Farr. A great read for a small group--if you can keep kids from touching all the little parts.
Jan 20, 2008 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
This is the perfect church bok. Chloe loves the touch and feel, Morgan loves the interactive movement, and everyone loves all the cute little dogs!
Crystal Allen
Jul 16, 2007 Crystal Allen rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Parents of young children, dog lovers
Shelves: board-books
Almost as good as Tails... but not quite. I love the pull tab where the dog pees on the tree! Very sturdy cardboard pulls and lift the flaps that would be pretty indestructible for young hands.

Krista
Sep 22, 2008 Krista rated it it was amazing
This is a great book. Alex and I read it at least once a day.
Kathy
Kathy rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2014
Erin
Erin rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2014
Chelsea.leann
Chelsea.leann rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2012
Colleen
Colleen rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2015
Laura Herrington
Laura Herrington rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2015
Leah drey perschke
Leah drey perschke rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2008
Cole Finnian
Cole Finnian rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2010
Debbie Bird
Debbie Bird rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2016
Meisha Magnoni
Meisha Magnoni rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2017
Joey Hines
Joey Hines rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2013
Sgrefe
Sgrefe rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2015
Addie P
Addie P rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2009
  • Are You a Cow?
  • Where Is Baby's Birthday Cake?: A Lift-the-Flap Book
  • Biscuit's Pet & Play Halloween
  • My Big Truck Book
  • The Cheerios Play Book
  • Bunny My Honey
  • That's Not My Puppy...Its Coat is Too Hairy (Usborne Touchy-Feely Books)
  • My Friends/Mis Amigos
  • Mirror Me!: A Mirror Book (Baby Einstein)
  • Wag!
  • Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks from A to Z
  • Baby Animals
  • Touch & Feel: FARM
  • Eight Silly Monkeys
  • So Many Bunnies: A Bedtime ABC and Counting Book
Matthew Van Fleet's innovative books have been introducing children to basic concepts for over twenty years. His unique formats invite toddlers to touch, press, pull, lift and even sniff as they explore colors, shapes, numbers, letters, opposites and more. His books include the #1 New York Times bestsellers TAILS and DOG as well as the New York Times bestsellers CAT, ALPHABET, and HEADS.
More about Matthew Van Fleet...