Start by marking “The Amazing Book of Useless Information: More Things You Didn't Need to Know But Are About to Find Out” as Want to Read:

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  264 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
From thecreators of the #1 New York Times bestseller The Book of Useless Information comes another fun, foolhardy and completely frivolous, fact-filled book.

The Useless Information Society's latest collection, The Amazing Book of Useless Information, will answer questions readers never even knew they had. From space travel to the history of jelly beans, this wideranging, b
Published August 5th 2008 by Perigee Books (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Amazing Book of Useless Information, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Amazing Book of Useless Information

Miss Lasko-Gross
If you enjoy showering your spouse with facts they'll be politely indifferent to, as much as I do...
Sarai
Oct 12, 2009 Sarai rated it it was amazing
Product Description
The Useless Information Society’s latest collection, The Amazing Book of Useless Information, will answer questions readers never even knew they had. From space travel to the history of jelly beans, this wideranging, brain-teasing, and altogether useless book will give readers information to out-trivialize even their cleverest of companions. Features such fascinating facts as:

• There is a town in West Virginia called Looneyville
• Women can talk with less effort than men
• Lemon
Woodge
Apr 23, 2009 Woodge rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: knuckleheads; curious people; ADHD sufferers
Shelves: non-fiction
I received this book as a gift and was instantly drawn into its bizarre compendium of esoterica. I proceeded to annoyingly read several of the nuggets within aloud. Cool stuff and ofttimes funny. Here's a few samples:

The band Aerosmith was stumped trying to find lyrics for what would become their hit song "Walk This Way" until they took a break and went to a screening of the movie Young Frankenstein, where they were inspired by the famous "walk this way" gag.

An award-winning adaptation of Littl
Diane
Feb 24, 2015 Diane rated it really liked it
This will not be everyone's cup of tea, but if you are a fan of esoterica, as I am, you will love it. Section after section of odd facts from many areas of interest.
Mms
Jun 21, 2015 Mms rated it it was amazing
I love books like this. If I could also remember half of what I read.
Annie Chanse
May 14, 2014 Annie Chanse rated it really liked it
Pretty neat stuff. Great weird sex facts section.
Melissa
Feb 06, 2016 Melissa rated it liked it
Would have been 4 stars, but there were typos and too many errors. Otherwise a fun read.
Will
Apr 05, 2014 Will rated it really liked it
The title says it all.
Neil
May 27, 2010 Neil rated it it was ok
A mixed bag of trivia. The humorous sections about unfortunate translations of international ad campaigns and about doctor's notes with humorous grammar and spelling mistakes and double entendres are the most entertaining. Some of the trivia could be edited more closely, there's some truly obvious stuff in here.
JD
Sep 11, 2011 JD rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This is one of the books that I use for creating trivia questions at the BIGGBY Training Center, as many of the questions are fun or interesting, as opposed to Trivial Pursuit which is often rather dry.
Kara
Nov 21, 2011 Kara rated it it was amazing
I drove everyone around me nuts reading these hysterical facts out loud. A fun read for (almost) all ages - I did have to edit a few when I read them to my younger children.
Monism
Feb 08, 2012 Monism rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book I read of the whole series... I learn something new on every page! It's fun to quiz my friends and see thier reactions to the answers!
G.
Apr 14, 2014 G. rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: trivial pursuers
Recommended to G. by: Mary House
In 1994, the film "Schindler's List" was beaten by "Menace 2 Society" at the MTV Movie Awards.

...and other stuff like that. Read and become wiser.
Chelsea
Aug 04, 2010 Chelsea rated it really liked it
I know a lot of random shit now. and I'm getting a little annoying to the people around me because I keep quoting random facts from this book. haha
Maclaren
Aug 31, 2010 Maclaren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a very good book.It had a lot of very usfull info.I like squirrels.
Tori
Jul 25, 2011 Tori added it
20072008- I already knew half of it. The movie part was interesting.
Molly
Nov 11, 2012 Molly rated it really liked it
Exactly as the cover describes it. A good, fun light bathroom read.
Brian Morin
Jan 08, 2011 Brian Morin rated it it was amazing
all of these are terrific! Look for the squirrel.
Amber
Apr 21, 2010 Amber rated it it was amazing
Tons of useless information. Love these books!
Mary
May 07, 2012 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
actually quite informative and entertaining
Abraham Ray
Apr 30, 2015 Abraham Ray rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trivia, young-adult
great read about useless information!
Zack
Jun 13, 2009 Zack rated it it was amazing
Extremly funny. I loved it.
Laura Johnson
Laura Johnson marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Brenda Hoffman
Brenda Hoffman marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Taylor
Taylor added it
Jan 31, 2016
Brian
Brian added it
Jan 30, 2016
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Nick Vedder
Nick Vedder marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Jujan
Jujan marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
  • Contrary to Popular Belief: More than 250 False Facts Revealed
  • Uncle John's Bathroom Reader The World's Gone Crazy
  • When Do Fish Sleep? : An Imponderables' Book
  • The Order of Things: How Everything in the World Is Organized Into Hierarchies, Structures, and Pecking Orders
  • The Intellectual Devotional Modern Culture: Revive Your Mind, Complete Your Education, and Converse Confidently with the Culturati
  • Duh!: The Stupid History of the Human Race
  • If Ignorance Is Bliss, Why Aren't There More Happy People?: Smart Quotes for Dumb Times
  • Mental Floss presents In the Beginning: From Big Hair to the Big Bang, mental_floss presents a Mouthwatering Guide to the Origins of Everything
  • 5 People Who Died During Sex: and 100 Other Terribly Tasteless Lists
  • Mental Floss: Scatterbrained
  • Fact. Fact. Bullsh*t!: Learn the Truth and Spot the Lie on Everything from Tequila-Made Diamonds to Tetris's Soviet Roots - Plus Tons of Other Totally Random Facts from Science, History and Beyond!
  • The Straight Dope