Start by marking “The Amazing Book of Useless Information: More Things You Didn't Need to Know But Are About to Find Out” as Want to Read:

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  204 ratings  ·  19 reviews
From thecreators of the #1 New York Times,/I> bestseller The Book of Useless Information comes another fun, foolhardy and completely frivolous, fact-filled book.

The Useless Information Society?s latest collection, The Amazing Book of Useless Information, will answer questions readers never even knew they had. From space travel to the history of jelly beans, this wideran
Published August 5th 2008 by Perigee Trade (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Amazing Book of Useless Information, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Amazing Book of Useless Information

Miss Lasko-Gross
If you enjoy showering your spouse with facts they'll be politely indifferent to, as much as I do...
Sarai
Product Description
The Useless Information Society’s latest collection, The Amazing Book of Useless Information, will answer questions readers never even knew they had. From space travel to the history of jelly beans, this wideranging, brain-teasing, and altogether useless book will give readers information to out-trivialize even their cleverest of companions. Features such fascinating facts as:

• There is a town in West Virginia called Looneyville
• Women can talk with less effort than men
• Lemon
Woodge
Apr 23, 2009 Woodge rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: knuckleheads; curious people; ADHD sufferers
Shelves: non-fiction
I received this book as a gift and was instantly drawn into its bizarre compendium of esoterica. I proceeded to annoyingly read several of the nuggets within aloud. Cool stuff and ofttimes funny. Here's a few samples:

The band Aerosmith was stumped trying to find lyrics for what would become their hit song "Walk This Way" until they took a break and went to a screening of the movie Young Frankenstein, where they were inspired by the famous "walk this way" gag.

An award-winning adaptation of Littl
Annie Chanse
Pretty neat stuff. Great weird sex facts section.
Will
The title says it all.
Neil
A mixed bag of trivia. The humorous sections about unfortunate translations of international ad campaigns and about doctor's notes with humorous grammar and spelling mistakes and double entendres are the most entertaining. Some of the trivia could be edited more closely, there's some truly obvious stuff in here.
JD
This is one of the books that I use for creating trivia questions at the BIGGBY Training Center, as many of the questions are fun or interesting, as opposed to Trivial Pursuit which is often rather dry.
Kara
I drove everyone around me nuts reading these hysterical facts out loud. A fun read for (almost) all ages - I did have to edit a few when I read them to my younger children.
Monism
This is the third book I read of the whole series... I learn something new on every page! It's fun to quiz my friends and see thier reactions to the answers!
G.
Apr 14, 2014 G. rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: trivial pursuers
Recommended to G. by: Mary House
In 1994, the film "Schindler's List" was beaten by "Menace 2 Society" at the MTV Movie Awards.

...and other stuff like that. Read and become wiser.
Chelsea
I know a lot of random shit now. and I'm getting a little annoying to the people around me because I keep quoting random facts from this book. haha
Maclaren
It was a very good book.It had a lot of very usfull info.I like squirrels.
Tori
Jul 25, 2011 Tori added it
20072008- I already knew half of it. The movie part was interesting.
Molly
Exactly as the cover describes it. A good, fun light bathroom read.
Brian Morin
all of these are terrific! Look for the squirrel.
Amber
Tons of useless information. Love these books!
Mary
actually quite informative and entertaining
Abraham Ray
great read about useless information!
Zack
Extremly funny. I loved it.
Katefinnmac.com
Katefinnmac.com marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Witide
Witide marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Brian Anders
Brian Anders marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Scott Blizzard
Scott Blizzard marked it as to-read
Rick Smith
Rick Smith marked it as to-read
Conrad Akunga
Conrad Akunga marked it as to-read
Alexandra Rucker
Alexandra Rucker marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Chrystie Cane
Chrystie Cane marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
  • Contrary to Popular Belief: More than 250 False Facts Revealed
  • Uncle John's Slightly Irregular Bathroom Reader
  • The Order of Things: How Everything in the World Is Organized Into Hierarchies, Structures, and Pecking Orders
  • When Do Fish Sleep? : An Imponderables' Book
  • The Intellectual Devotional Modern Culture: Revive Your Mind, Complete Your Education, and Converse Confidently with the Culturati
  • Duh!: The Stupid History of the Human Race
  • If Ignorance Is Bliss, Why Aren't There More Happy People?: Smart Quotes for Dumb Times
  • Mental Floss: Scatterbrained
  • The Straight Dope
  • Mental Floss Presents Forbidden Knowledge: A Wickedly Smart Guide to History's Naughtiest Bits (Mental Floss Presents)
  • Fact. Fact. Bullsh*t!: Learn the Truth and Spot the Lie on Everything from Tequila-Made Diamonds to Tetris's Soviet Roots - Plus Tons of Other Totally Random Facts from Science, History and Beyond!
  • 5 People Who Died During Sex: and 100 Other Terribly Tasteless Lists
The Book of Useless Information The Ultimate Book of Useless Information: A Few Thousand More Things You Might Need to Know (But Probably Don't) The Best Book of Useless Information Ever The Murder of Princess Diana The World's Greatest Book of Useless Information: If You Thought You Knew All the Things You Didn't Need to Know - Think Again