Start by marking “Landing on My Feet: A Diary of Dreams” as Want to Read:
Landing on My Feet: A Diary of Dreams

Landing on My Feet: A Diary of Dreams

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  109 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Who can forget that golden moment in the 1996 Summer Olympics when athlete Kerri Strug completed her final vault that helped the U.S. win its first-ever team gymnastics gold medal? It was a crowd pleaser that resonated around the world.In this fascinating autobiography, now available in paperback, Kerri Strug comes to life as the brave young gymnast who struggled for years ...more
Published December 12th 1971 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Landing on My Feet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Landing on My Feet

Off Balance by Dominique MoceanuLetters to a Young Gymnast by Nadia ComaneciWinning Balance by Shawn JohnsonGrace, Gold, and Glory by Gabrielle DouglasNadia by Nadia Comaneci
Gymnastics
9th out of 44 books — 11 voters
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret AtwoodThe Lovely Bones by Alice SeboldThe Tell-Tale Heart and Other Writings by Edgar Allan PoeCat's Eye by Margaret AtwoodThe Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers
Body parts in book titles
439th out of 627 books — 54 voters

More lists with this book...

Lana
OK - so this is funny! This is not the book I heard about from Good Housekeeping. There is a new book 'Off Balance', written by Dominique Moceanu, Kerri Strug's teammate, which came out this year, which was the book I heard about.

I got to the library and saw this book, and thought it was the book I wanted to read - but it is 15 years old, written the year after the 1996 Olympics! It was a very interesting read, glad I read it (by accident)!

What shocked me the most about reading Kerri's book is h
Rebecca
Wow! After just reading Dominique Moceanu's book what a difference. Dominique was forced into gymnastics and hated Bela and her family. Kerri loved Bela and was devastated when he retired. He got her to two Olympic Games. She had the personality and the drive. Kerri had a tight relationship with a very supportive family. But both have gold medals to show for it.
Sue
Non-fiction. Gymnast in Atlanta Olympics in 1996. Hurt her leg but won team Gold for the team. Amazing how many sacrifices these girls make for gymnastics. Leave their homes and live with foster families, spend 8 hours a day in the gym...
Jen
This is the story of Kerri Strug. The USA Gymnastic Olympian who stuck a vault with a broken ankle to win the USA women's team Gold in 1996. Amazing story of overcoming lots of obstacles.
Lisa Husnick
Was interesting to compare this book to the one written by Dominique Moceanu titled Off Balance: A Memoir. Both ladies viewed the training methods of Bela and Marta Karolyi differently.
Britta
This is one of my friend Carol's favorite books. It had a sort of interesting charm, but it definitely made me see that professional athletics would not be for me!
Mary
Allison
Timeless story of someone reaching for their goal.
Kate Mal
Kate Mal marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Jamie
Jamie is currently reading it
Apr 24, 2015
Dani
Dani marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Amanda Wijangco
Amanda Wijangco marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Ann Henson
Ann Henson marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Dana Jacobs
Dana Jacobs marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Secretasian29
Secretasian29 marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Guy Smith
Guy Smith marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Allie
Allie marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Questa Williams
Questa Williams marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Tish Elliott
Tish Elliott marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Andrea Lancaster
Andrea Lancaster marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Akira Isabel
Akira Isabel marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Mandie Crago
Mandie Crago marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Stephanie Koester
Stephanie Koester marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Letters to a Young Gymnast
  • Little Girls in Pretty Boxes: The Making and Breaking of Elite Gymnasts and Figure Skaters
  • Chalked Up: Inside Elite Gymnastics' Merciless Coaching, Overzealous Parents, Eating Disorders, and Elusive Olympic Dreams
  • Off Balance: A Memoir
  • Winning Balance: What I've Learned So Far about Love, Faith, and Living Your Dreams
  • Inside Edge: A Revealing Journey into the Secret World of Figure Skating
  • My Sergei: A Love Story
  • Escape from the Antarctic (Penguin Great Journeys)
  • 14 år till salu: En skakande svensk historia
  • Raising The Bar
  • The Dark Side of the Game: My Life in the NFL
  • A Stranger to Myself: The Inhumanity of War: Russia, 1941-1944
  • Dance While You Can
  • Skating Life: My Story
  • In the Water They Can't See You Cry: A Memoir
  • Letters from Africa, 1914-1931
  • The Nannies (Nannies, #1)
  • Model: A Memoir