The Wind in the Willows #1: The Riverbank (Easy Reader Classics) (No. 1)

The Wind in the Willows #1: The Riverbank (Easy Reader Classics) (No. 1)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  6 reviews

Mole, Water Rat, Badger, and of course, Toad of Toad Hall: these characters have captivated children ever since the early 20th century, when Kenneth Grahame wrote his gentle and humorous tale. Kids will still feel the magic today, as they happily make the acquaintance of Mole, who is seeing a river for the first time ever, and his new friend Ratty.

Published May 28th 2006 by Sterling (first published 1908)

To ask other readers questions about The Wind in the Willows #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wind in the Willows #1

Rosa Cline
This actually surprised me as I read it. It is basic for the young reader-listener but it still has a storyline (and a cute one at that) to it. Letting kids know it's okay to try something new, it's okay to have 'new' friends etc. the illustrations are nice to the eye as well.
Lisa Clifton
My girls are 3.5 and 5, and I thought the vocabulary would be too difficult for them to understand and engage with. I was wrong! They were both mesmerized and had to read Book 2 the following time I read to them at bedtime. I found that if I added a few words of explanation after difficult words, they were able to follow the story just fine.
Ratforcekids
This book is the first in this beginning reader series, introducing young readers to the classic story of The Wind in the Willows.
Amanda
Emma enjoyed reading this story. Just the right length of story for her to finish at night.
Theresa
a section of the wind in the willows story broken down for younger readers
Derek
Mole wasn't very smart.
Ozki2003
Ozki2003 marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Hanif
Hanif marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Scott
Scott added it
May 29, 2014
Ginny
Ginny added it
May 26, 2014
Harsha Puttagunta
Harsha Puttagunta marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Ann
Ann added it
Aug 03, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Li
Li marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 15, 2013
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Charleigh
Charleigh marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2013
Khunleong
Khunleong marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
The Wind in the Willows The Reluctant Dragon Toad of Toad Hall (Wind In the Willows) The Adventures of Mr. Toad: From The Wind in the Willows The Golden Age