Start by marking “The Beano Annual 2003” as Want to Read:
The Beano Annual 2003

The Beano Annual 2003

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  231 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The Beano Book 1986, ISBN: 0851163246 All the usual favourites - Minnie the Minx, Roger the Dodger, The Bash Street Kids etc. "Where did you get the weaving material, Minnie? From below the ''WHUMP!'' chair seats! Haw! Haw! Haw!"
Published September 4th 2002 by D C Thomson (first published January 1st 1960)

To ask other readers questions about The Beano Annual 2003, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beano Annual 2003

Faith Spinks
So in 1972 I probably wasn't reading a whole lot of annuals but I remember these being a yearly Christmas gift and loving them. It was a great trip down memory lane and a fun rediscovery of the Beano world.
Jeff

I am certain the information for the book I am reviewing (The Beano 1978 Annual) has some incorrect information in the description. Someone else has completed that area and I cannot fix it.

- The photo of the book is correct, it is a 1978 Annual.
- The description has it as a 1986 Annual; using 1978's ISBN# as well!
- They have been published annually since 1939 as well, not 1960!

1st Read: January 1978

A friend of mine received this for Christmas in 1977 from his relatives across the pond. Talk
Supriya J
My childhood favorite! Was a lot of fun visiting the Beano gang again. Good for laughs on a boring afternoon.
Sheli
Unfortunately I find that the Beano annual gets more disappointing every year as more computer images and rubbish characters are introduced. My long time favourites are of course, Dennis the Menace, Beryl the Peril and the Numskulls. Hopefully the story writing will improve by next Christmas.
John
I used to have these for Christmas every year.

My-oh-my... they were days.... I can recall... the fun of such presents... the sonderment over what I would get... the excitement and pleasure...

I miss that time... I miss the innocence of such comic books.
Lexish
Discovered this series in the airport in England and bought the 2012 annual. My husband read these as a kid. Love it! A fun, goofy comic book series perfect for the airplane flight home.
Petra X
I used to get the Beano annual every year at Christmas. Loved it. My brother got the comic every week. It was a boys' comic (I got Jackie) but I still liked it.
Tim
Very disappointing. Next year I will pre-view the annuals to avoid a duffer. I miss Buster and Beryl the Peril (the later appeared in The Dandy Annual 2012).
Jonathan
All the usual humour and old school jokes present and correct, reading under the covers by torch light when I should have been asleep!
Hazey
Beano is the best... annual for Christmas and as my Weekly Comic in my youth.

Loved it still do ...oh did I just say that out loud!
Dreamer
Received these albums at Christmas from age 7 to 10 or so. Always a great read.. Got the comics every week as well.
David Melik
British humour for children--since the 30s
Susan Greenwood
Susan Greenwood marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Zoe
Zoe added it
Jul 03, 2015
  • Strange People
  • Mr. Topsy-turvy (Mr. Men, #9)
  • Blast #1
  • Tales of Beatnik Glory
  • In Bluebeard's Castle: Some Notes Towards the Redefinition of Culture
  • On Having No Head: Zen and the Rediscovery of the Obvious
  • Waking Up Gray
D. C. Thomson & Co. Ltd, is a publishing company based in Dundee, Scotland, best known for producing The Dundee Courier, The Evening Telegraph, The Sunday Post, Oor Wullie, The Broons, The Beano, The Dandy and Commando comics. It also owns Friends Reunited, Parragon, and the Aberdeen Journals Group which publishes the Press and Journal, the Evening Express, the Aberdeen Citizen and the North S ...more
More about D.C. Thomson & Company Limited...
Oor Wullie Book 2011 (Annual) Oor Wullie Oor Wullie [1996] The Dandy And The Beano: Fifty Golden Years The Dandy Book 1988