Start by marking “Roaring Rockets” as Want to Read:
Roaring Rockets

Roaring Rockets

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  115 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Rockets have power. They rise and roar. This rocket's waiting, ready to soar. Rockets carry astronauts with cool, white suits oxygen helmets and gravity boots. Blast off with more out-of-this-world couplets! This time it is machines that fly. In bright and bold illustrations that are as witty as the text, the animal crew roars and whizzes into outer space.
Published September 1st 1997 by Kingfisher (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Roaring Rockets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roaring Rockets

Autumn
We picked this book up from our public library.

Cute and easy to read. Loved the illustrations of the animals going to the moon to explore and making it back home. I liked the ending where it gives explanations to the Rocket Bits. K is big on space and so when he picked this book I knew he would enjoy it. The rhyming, the pictures all went very well together. This is a book that is perfect for all ages I would say maybe 3 or 4 to about maybe 9?
Sylvester
5* to everything "Amazing Machines"

The kid just has his favorites of this series, and this is not one of them. Still fantastic.
Anne
My son and I love this book! The art style is energetic, drawn with big bright shapes and thick animated lines. The rhymes are perfect for reading aloud with enthusiasm. I love that the "Amazing Machines" series from Tony Mitton and Ant Parker are educational for both kids and adults. I myself learned the names of different rocket and spaceship parts while reading this to my son. How endearing it was to hear him try to pronounce lunar lander... "Lunder lander!" This was a great book: affordable,...more
Heather
26 months - a few weeks ago we were over at friends and they had "Cool Cars" and I read it to my daughter. It was a simple book that introduced new vocabulary so I sought out this one about rockets. Again a simple introduction to new vocabulary and concepts. What was really cute about this book was on the first page O said this is like one at Georgia's house. She recognized the illustration style immediately. This was the second time in one day she connected books together by the same author/ill...more
The Library Lady
A great new series, and it's especially nice to see another astronaut book. They've been in short supply in recent times, and this is a nice addition to the shelf along with Byron Barton's I Want to Be an Astronaut and Margaret Mayo's Zoom, Rocket, Zoom!.
Sheeba Virani
This book is a great way to introduce children to the world of space and space travel. The book has facts about rocket ships and astronauts that children always enjoy. The entire book is rhyming so it is fun for children to read.

Extension
Create a flannel board activity set depicting different parts of a rocket ship. As you read the book to a whole group put the pieces together and create the rocket ship. You can leave the activity set for children to explore and name parts of the ship.
I love this book. It has great descriptive words, pictures and pretty accurate. It is a great read and could easily be made to a music and movement activity. The text rhymes and the pictures are detailed and explains rocket ship parts. The animal crew roars and whizzes through outer space!
Helen Kumpel
Who this book would be for: PreK-K
Reflection:
I love this book for young readers and ESOL students. The book shows the different parts of a rocket and shows a journey into Space. Also, at the end of the book is a glossary with all the terms used to describe a rocket and the job of each part.

Rebecca
Very good, the children were fascinated. Everyone felt bad for poor Owl who had to stay and mind the rocket just like Michael Collins in the original moon landing. But unlike Michael Collins he got to go for an extra spin while he waited.
Bridget
This is a simple book to understand about how astronauts get to the moon, but it explains a lot in a fun way. Informative and simple at the same time.

Have two copies.
Nancy Jo Lambert
We love all the Amazing machines books! These wonderfully illustrated and fun rhyming text books are great to share with young children!
Kristie
A quick rhyming read sure to appeal to many boys. The last page includes a picture dictionary of rocket parts.
Elizabeth
This whole series is lots of fun. The truckload package makes a great gift for two year old boys.
Heather
28 months - we like this series. Fun easy to read book that introduces new vocabulary.
Jean-Marie
The rhyming text makes this a fun read aloud about rockets and space travel.
Natalie
Great rhymes make for a well received introduction to space for kids.
Karen
Jun 14, 2011 Karen marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Not available at the Dallas public library yet (June 2011)
Sharon
Read at school during the "space" theme.
Danny
Read at school during the "space" theme.
Sajeena
Sajeena marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Mary
Mary added it
Sep 22, 2014
Emma
Emma added it
Oct 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Dinosaurumpus Down by the Cool of the Pool Spooky Hour Terrific Trains Amazing Airplanes