Start by marking “Remember Me - Rumah Kenangan” as Want to Read:
Remember Me - Rumah Kenangan

Remember Me - Rumah Kenangan

3.9  ·  Rating Details ·  17,745 Ratings  ·  431 Reviews
Menley tak pernah berhenti menyalahkan dirinya sendiri karena kecelakaan yang merenggut nyawa putranya. Akibatnya perkawinannya dengan Adam, seorang pengacara kriminal yang sukses, nyaris berantakan. Tapi ia kemudian menyadari dirinya mengandung. Dan setelah putra kedua mereka lahir, Adam mengajaknya dan bayi mereka pergi berlibur ke sebuah rumah kuno yang amat indah. Maks ...more
Published January 1999 by PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published May 2nd 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Remember Me - Rumah Kenangan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Remember Me - Rumah Kenangan

Jess ❈Harbinger of Blood-Soaked Rainbows❈

Read a book you can read in one calendar day.

I know that this book is not literary in any way, and it is probably not as good as most books I gave three stars to, but I'm giving this a 3.5 because, you know what?

just so we're clear.

I know these books are cozy mysteries. I know they are predictable. I know that I have read 80% of this woman's collected works and can guess the whodunit at like 20%. I know that the writing isn't good. Guess what?

Because I breezed through this cozy mystery in less t
Nikoleta
Nov 01, 2015 Nikoleta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, ghostly
Σκευωρίες, κρίσεις πανικού, παραισθήσεις, αμφιβολίες, ένας μυστηριώδης θάνατος και… φαντάσματα!!! Όλα αυτά συμβαίνουν σε μία έπαυλη του 18ου αιώνα! Πώς να μην ξετρελαθώ; Απρόσμενα καλό, αν σκεφτεί κανείς ότι αυτό το βιβλίο ούτε το ήξερα, ούτε το άκουσα ποτέ, και όταν το βρήκα απλώς το προσπέρασα. Το πώς έφτασε στα χέρια μου και μάλιστα πως έτυχε να το διαβάσω είναι μια άλλη ιστορία! Σίγουρα ήταν πάρα πολύ καλό, δεν ήθελα να το αφήσω με τίποτα. Κρίμα που είναι εξαντλημένο.
Carol
Oct 12, 2010 Carol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book until the last page or two, and then I remembered being disappointed by one of the Clarks before.

Mary Higgins Clark obviously does her research and she sets a well paced story with interesting characters. Her process of educating the reader is integral to the narrative rather than a thinly veiled attempt to show us how much she knows. (Thank you so much!)

The last "note", however, was as anticlimactic as possible. Had she placeced that tidbit a littel earlier, it would
Nov 25, 2007 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mhc
This is one of the best books I had read in a while. Its about a woman who loses her son and the struggles she goes through. She spends her time researching the old house she lives in which has quite a history. The book centers around a complex murder plot that doesnt unfold until the end. The ending is very good and unexpected:)
Ashley
Oct 30, 2014 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reread for book club- good mystery and I had forgotten everything. The climax was saved until the very last few pages and everything seemed to resolve quickly. Logically the motives seemed a little far fetched, but was a still a good Mary Higgins Clark book.

Read in 2005: One of my favorite suspense/mysteries! Full of thrills and ghost stories, I had to keep my roomate up with me just to go to the bathroom afterwards.
Sep 24, 2011 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my all-time favorite Mary Higgins Clark book. What I like most about Clark is that I can count on the book to be clean, yet entertaining--a combination that's hard to come by these days. This one is set along the northeast coastline and has a windswept, cottage feel.
Janebbooks
Mariana
Lembrem-se de Mim (Remember House no original) é o primeiro policial-thriller que leio de Mary Higgins Clark. Enquanto recente apreciadora do género, confesso que o romance estimula facilmente a leitura graças ao ritmo ocular, espaçado e ligeiro, que o caracteriza e ao vocabulário francamente prático e de rápida absorção da autora. O suspense, por outro lado, é apenas o necessário para nos manter activos na leitura durante dois terços da obra, havendo uma quebra distinta no compasso da acção a p ...more
Jasbr
May 08, 2016 Jasbr rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mary Higgins Clark ist einfach die Krimi-Queen für mich!
Auch dieses Buch hat mich wieder von Anfang an gefesselt: Denn nicht nur ein unglücklicher Tauchunfall passiert, bei dem man sich fragt, ob es auch wirklich nur ein Unfall war. Es passieren auch merkwürdige Dinge in einem alten Kapitänshaus, bei denen man verrückt zu werden scheint.
Die Autorin vermischt die beiden Erzählstränge geschickt miteinander, in dem sich die beteiligten Personen treffen und miteinander interagieren. So wird die Gesc
Rou'a
أول قراءاتي للكاتبة ولن تكون الأخيرة إن شاء الله

الفكرة كبداية مطروقة عن البيوت المسكونة وربطها بالأمراض النفسية, مستوى اللغة أقل من المتوسط وهذا بطبيعة الحال ليس من أول العوامل التي أبحث عنها في رواية بوليسية ومن الواضح أن الترجمة مؤثرة بشكل فعلي على لغة الرواية فبانت ركيكة في بعض المواضع كما أزعجتني بعض الإخطاء الإملائية مثل انتقاص الهمزات وهو أمر يستفزني كثيراً على الرغم من أنه لم يؤثر على السرد والمعنى

أسلوب الكاتبة يبدو متأثراً بأسلوب أغاثا كريستي وأعترف أنها صدمتني في بعض الأحيان واستبقت الأ
Mary
Dec 27, 2009 Mary rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Menley Nichols will never forgive herself for her 2 year old son’s death. Even though it was an accident, Menley has been blaming herself for his death and hasn’t stopped having nightmares and thoughts of suicide. Married to a high-profile criminal lawyer, Adam Nichols, her marriage begins to fall apart. Trying to save his marriage, Adam decides to rent a house in Cape Cod taking Menley and their baby Hanah there. Menley, taking advantage of the situation, decides to write a book about the house ...more
Abbie
I've always been a fan of Mary Higgins Clark and this book just increases my love for her work. Remember Me is a beautifully written novel that blends intrigue, suspense and drama into a delightful little package.

The story centers on Menley Nichols, the wife of the high-profile defense attorney Adam Nichols. She is plagued by the unfortunate death of her two-year-old son Bobby, and suffers from Post-traumatic stress disorder. Hoping to mend their failing marriage, the couple move into Remember
Wendy
Feb 19, 2014 Wendy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
A spooky murder mystery set in Cape Cod. A lawyer takes a vacation at the Cape but then ends up taking on a high profile murder case. His wife is still trying to get over the loss of their two year old son. She keeps reliving the night she lost her son and is now worried about her baby Hannah. She tries to tell herself she is ok and immerses herself in writing a children's book set in the early days of the Cape. The book ends with climatic twist on a stormy night.
Annie
Jul 09, 2009 Annie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was in the mood for a mystery and when I was in Providence, on my way to Cape Cod for the summer, this book was the first book I picked up when I was proozing in Salvation Army. It was really fun to read while I was in the Cape because a lot of the places, streets, restaurants they talked about, I knew where they were. It was a super easy read (almost equivalent to how I remember a Nancy Drew). I had trouble getting into it at first, especially since there were a lot of characters and the chap ...more
Judie Dooley
Jul 12, 2014 Judie Dooley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is one of Mary Higgins Clark,s older books that somehow got pushed way back on my bookshelves at home. I'm glad I found it. Loved it as most of her books. A great psychological thriller that leaves you guessing right up to the end. If you like thrillers and haven't read this one yet I recommend you do. I think you'll enjoy it.
Sandra
Dec 26, 2015 Sandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mais uma vez esta autora não desilude. É sempre um prazer ler os seus livros e este não é exceção! Gostei bastante da Menley e da sua família. O toque de sobrenatural deu mistério ao enredo, o que apreciei.
Gostei ainda de conhecer as histórias do passado. Quando ao assassino, não me surpreendeu...mas mesmo assim gostei muito da história. Esta é uma autora que toda a gente devia experimentar ler, mesmo aqueles que não costumam apostar em policiais!
Kara
Jun 06, 2016 Kara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has been, by far, my favorite Mary Higgins Clark book! I highly suggest it!
Marnie
Dec 28, 2007 Marnie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Angelica Watson (psst! amrutha)
Mary Higgins Clark illustrates suspense and deception with perfect ease.
This is my first high-school book read, and I thoroughly enjoyed, right from the beginning until the very end. She reels more and more suspense into her novels with the turn of every page, making it impossible for you to keep the book the down. The unique combination of haunts, ghostly feelings and a detective criminal story line, makes this story a memorable one.

I will surely remember you ;)

Wonderfully written, can't wait t
OngoingRain
Dec 18, 2014 OngoingRain rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome, I didn't expect that ending.
Like always, she has blown my mind away with a beautiful but kind of dark and misterious story writen in a way that makes me feel inside of the plot, in the story.
Kathleen
May 30, 2015 Kathleen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorite MHC! A young couple moves to a new town and into a house full of its own character. The wife is trying to overcome memories from a past tragedy, while trying to balance herself to be a good wife. At times I times I didnt like the wife's character, just because of her mouseiness, but was able to ignore this due to other aspects of the book pulling me into the story line. Strange things happen in the house which leads her to seek out the history. The story takes you to a ...more
Ashley Facio
Dec 10, 2014 Ashley Facio rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone that love suspense
Recommended to Ashley by: no one
Death and traumatic events can change a person's point of view on life and also makes them more cautions about the people they love. Author Mary Higgins Clark portrays this in her book _Remember Me_ through the main characters Scott Covey, Adam Nichols, a leading criminal lawyer and his wife Menley Nicholas. This novel mostly centers around Adam and wife Menley Nicholas who just rented a house in the beautiful sea shore, in tranquil Cape Cod.

Adam and his wife lost their 2 year old son, two ye
Alex
Feb 04, 2015 Alex rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of interesting characters and absorbing plot. Couldn't put this one down!
Shalet Jimmy
Nov 30, 2014 Shalet Jimmy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When you are so entangled in mundane things and frivolous animosities, it is always good to read something which can take you to a different world, severing all the ties here. Mary Higgins Clark often does that to me. Besides, Clark has always given me a 'Christmas feeling'. Maybe because, I always start reading her when Christmas is round the corner.

So, to talk about the book ' Remember Me' – I loved it. The plot is quite simple. But you would not find it that way until you reach some of the l
Jodi
Jan 06, 2016 Jodi added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: MCH fans
Enjoyable thriller to read over the holidays.
Anjuthan
After reading two other books, Let Me Call You Sweetheart and Where Are You Now? by the same author the suspense of this book was not that surprising. Relating those two books i wished the person whom i blindly guessed should not be the culprit but unfortunately that person was. But the story was unexpected. (view spoiler) ...more
Leslie Lindsay
I'll admit to being a virgin. A Mary Higgins Clark virgin, that is. My critique partner recommended her--and this book specifically--because there were some similar elements in REMEMBER ME and my own novel-in-progress. She was right (she usually is), yet this book--and perhaps the author just didn't do it for me.

I found that there were too many characters that didn't add much to the overall plot of the story, confusing me at times, and in a sense giving me permission to skim their scenes. It co
Chantal
No ha estado mal, pero me ha parecido algo predecible. Y si se hubiera ahorrado la nota del final, mejor.
Ana Silva Rosa
Oct 12, 2013 Ana Silva Rosa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Prose style: 4
Plot: 5
Depth of characters: 4
Originality: 3
Entertaining: 4
Emotional Reaction: 4
Intellectual Stimulation: 5

As much as I liked the unexpected end, the whole story seemed to me a lot like the Rebecca's, by Daphne du Maurier, and that's the reason I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have. But it was very interesting and captivated me from the beginning. The plot twist was just perfect!
S.J. Tyson
Nov 22, 2015 S.J. Tyson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of those books that I truly didn't want to stop reading unless I had to, and I picked it up to read a little every chance I got, even if it was only for a chapter (which are very short, by the way). The multiple characters were interesting and interwoven well into the overall story without being confusing, and the storyline was intriguing to the very end. Highly recommend.

SYNOPSIS: Menley Nichols and her attorney husband, Adam, rent a house on Cape Cod to work on their marriage. The
HMSA Reads: Book Review: Remember Me 4 16 Aug 11, 2016 01:00PM
  • Silent Night: The Remarkable Christmas Truce of 1914
  • Hitched (Regan Reilly Mystery, #9)
  • Let Me Whisper In Your Ear (KEY News #3)
  • The Christmas Box
  • The Final Victim
Mary Higgins Clark, #1 international and New York Times bestselling author, is the author of 46 books and counting: she’s written thirty-three suspense novels; three collections of short stories; a historical novel, Mount Vernon Love Story; two children’s books, including The Magical Christmas Horse; and a memoir, Kitchen Privileges. She has also written five holiday suspense novels with Carol Hig ...more
More about Mary Higgins Clark...