Don't Panic More Dinner's in the Freezer: A Second Helping of Tasty Meals You Can Make Ahead

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  126 ratings  ·  13 reviews
A cookbook that features easy-to-use recipes. It uses the freezer to make meal time tasty and do-able.
Published April 1st 2009 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about Don't Panic More Dinner's in the Freezer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Panic More Dinner's in the Freezer

Dori
I love the idea of cooking once and then freezing several meals from it, but many of these types of cookbooks have very boring recipes. Not so with "Don't Panic--more Dinner's in the Freezer"; there are a surprising number of unique and tasty recipes in this cook-and-freeze style cookbook.

I've been trying to cook more with chicken and found some great possibilities here that I look forward to trying, particularly Grilled Honey-Lime Chicken, All-Seasons Sesame Chicken, Chicken and Broccoli Quich...more
Christi
I liked this version of Don't Panic... much better than the original. The recipes were more flavorful and used more spices and less can of cream soups. Definitely more real food oriented.

I love making dinner and freezing the leftovers for future meals. This series of books is a little different in that you assemble the meals and freeze them, then defrost and cook at a later date.

They give plenty of tips on how to store the food, what to serve with the main dish, what you need to prepare the nigh...more
Ellee
This is an especially great cookbook if you're not watching your waistline. They are very liberal with the butter, flour and oil in a lot of recipes. They do include some lower calorie options, but ONLY the "Lighter Fare" options have nutritional information. All that being said, they give great instructions and there are some things that I'll make from this cookbook. Mostly ways to jazz up chicken that I can put in the freezer and cook in minutes! :D
Leslie Ferrari
Like the first book, but with different recipes. Do note, there are no vegetarian main courses other than soup.
Carole
I've only recently got this book and already it's been book marked for recipes I want to try. The recipes that I've looked through seem easy to make well, with ingredients that I can get at a grocery store for reasonable prices.
Katy
There are several recipes I want to try.
I borrowed the book from the library and decided that I want to buy a used copy. I really like how this book gives you the recipe, how to freeze the food, and how to defrost and reheat.
Becky
Taught me different freezer methods & that I can basically freeze most anything.

I copied a half a dozen or so recipes out of this book. Not sure I'll freeze the baked goods but I want to try some of the recipes anyway.
Natasha  A.
I think I prefer this one to the first in the series!
Some very excellent recipes, lots of tips, and techniques.
I'm completely loving this freezer meal cooking.
It's quick and fast and amazingly great for busy people.
Kara
Good tips and hints for shopping for and prepping freezer meals. The recipes look pretty good, but I was hoping for more crockpot options. Will have to revisit this book later.
Karen
Same as the first book, but more good recipes. I tagged items to copy and decided I need to just buy it as I had so many recipes tagged.
Amy
Love, love, love this cookbook. Tons of great family recipes from breads to desserts and everything in between.
lisa
Got some great recipes from the first book, hoping this one has some good ones too!
Tara
Some really yummy recipes in here!
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Debbi
Debbi added it
Aug 30, 2014
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
k
k marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Mon
Mon added it
Aug 21, 2014
Betsy Doyle
Betsy Doyle marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Tamara
Tamara marked it as to-read
Tabitha Goff
Tabitha Goff marked it as to-read
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Susie Martinez is a professional counselor with a private counseling practice in Colorado. She has been married to her husband, Joe, for twenty-two years and has two teenage children. Susie adores her family, her Kitchen Aid mixer, and her purple PT Cruiser. In her free time, she enjoys shopping with her daughter, taking long walks, and home decorating. Susie also struggles with a particular weakn...more
More about Susie Martinez...
Dont Panic - Dinner's in the Freezer: Great-Tasting Meals You Can Make Ahead Don't Panic - Quick, Easy, and Delicious Meals for Your Family Don't Panic...It's In The Freezer!