Start by marking “Don't Panic More Dinner's in the Freezer: A Second Helping of Tasty Meals You Can Make Ahead” as Want to Read:

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  255 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Hectic lifestyles make traditional cooking methods nearly obsolete in many families. The results are poor nutrition and budgets strained by the high cost of fast food or commercially prepared meals. Now, due to popular demand, the ladies who brought you Don't Panic--Dinner's in the Freezer offer more of their simple and economical recipes designed to be prepared and frozen ...more
Published April 1st 2009 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about Don't Panic More Dinner's in the Freezer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Panic More Dinner's in the Freezer

Cheryl
Jul 05, 2016 Cheryl rated it really liked it
You don't need to read the first book; I didn't. There are thorough strategy guides. The math is done for you if want to make the recipes even larger, for example if you are doing what they recommend, and spending a whole day cooking with friends. There are no pictures, but most of the recipes and ingredients are fairly straightforward and easily visualized. Some are healthful, but almost none of the entrees are vegetarian. I wouldn't mind owning a copy of this one, which is pretty high praise f ...more
Catherine Gillespie
Jun 09, 2015 Catherine Gillespie rated it it was ok
Shelves: cooking
This book has a handy reference with each recipe so that you can make multiple batches if you’d like to freeze it bulk. So you can make the recipe once, or if you like it you can make it x3, x6, or x9. While these recipes didn't fit my normal cooking style, I did get some helpful tips and hints.

{Read my complete review on A Spirited Mind}
Dori
Mar 04, 2010 Dori rated it really liked it
I love the idea of cooking once and then freezing several meals from it, but many of these types of cookbooks have very boring recipes. Not so with "Don't Panic--more Dinner's in the Freezer"; there are a surprising number of unique and tasty recipes in this cook-and-freeze style cookbook.

I've been trying to cook more with chicken and found some great possibilities here that I look forward to trying, particularly Grilled Honey-Lime Chicken, All-Seasons Sesame Chicken, Chicken and Broccoli Quich
Elle
Jan 11, 2015 Elle rated it liked it
I loved this concept: cook 3 "meals", eat one, freeze two for later. As I work through what we like, what works frozen, and what we'll eat that much of, I plan to do this. It's easy in Pepper plate to scale recipes up 3x for shopping and prep and then back to 1x for cooking/freezing. I also liked some of the freezing techniques.

I didn't care much for many of the recipes. For me, there are too many 1980s "casserole" foods remind me of Hamburger Helper. However, I get it that those are what freez
Dawn Gallop
Apr 06, 2015 Dawn Gallop rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the book I still refer back to it. Since I am the mom to nine I cook a lot and need large recipes and this has that!! I would like to see more pics. A good cookbook.
Janie
Good strategies; useful tips. Handy doubl- tripl- quadrupling tables. Pretty good index, including in-text links.
Julie Dietz
Aug 15, 2015 Julie Dietz rated it it was amazing
Many fantastic recipes, and a practical approach to food prep.
Christi
Feb 21, 2012 Christi rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks, 2012-reads
I liked this version of Don't Panic... much better than the original. The recipes were more flavorful and used more spices and less can of cream soups. Definitely more real food oriented.

I love making dinner and freezing the leftovers for future meals. This series of books is a little different in that you assemble the meals and freeze them, then defrost and cook at a later date.

They give plenty of tips on how to store the food, what to serve with the main dish, what you need to prepare the nigh
Ellee
Aug 04, 2009 Ellee rated it liked it
Shelves: 200-300pgs
This is an especially great cookbook if you're not watching your waistline. They are very liberal with the butter, flour and oil in a lot of recipes. They do include some lower calorie options, but ONLY the "Lighter Fare" options have nutritional information. All that being said, they give great instructions and there are some things that I'll make from this cookbook. Mostly ways to jazz up chicken that I can put in the freezer and cook in minutes! :D
Leslie Ferrari
Like the first book, but with different recipes. Do note, there are no vegetarian main courses other than soup.
Carole
May 14, 2011 Carole rated it really liked it
I've only recently got this book and already it's been book marked for recipes I want to try. The recipes that I've looked through seem easy to make well, with ingredients that I can get at a grocery store for reasonable prices.
Katy
Dec 03, 2009 Katy rated it really liked it
There are several recipes I want to try.
I borrowed the book from the library and decided that I want to buy a used copy. I really like how this book gives you the recipe, how to freeze the food, and how to defrost and reheat.
Becky
Taught me different freezer methods & that I can basically freeze most anything.

I copied a half a dozen or so recipes out of this book. Not sure I'll freeze the baked goods but I want to try some of the recipes anyway.
Natasha  A.
Jan 18, 2012 Natasha A. rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbook, 2012
I think I prefer this one to the first in the series!
Some very excellent recipes, lots of tips, and techniques.
I'm completely loving this freezer meal cooking.
It's quick and fast and amazingly great for busy people.
Kara
Jul 20, 2012 Kara rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbook
Good tips and hints for shopping for and prepping freezer meals. The recipes look pretty good, but I was hoping for more crockpot options. Will have to revisit this book later.
Karen
Jan 08, 2011 Karen rated it really liked it
Same as the first book, but more good recipes. I tagged items to copy and decided I need to just buy it as I had so many recipes tagged.
Amy
Oct 05, 2013 Amy rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love this cookbook. Tons of great family recipes from breads to desserts and everything in between.
lisa
Jul 03, 2010 lisa rated it it was amazing
Got some great recipes from the first book, hoping this one has some good ones too!
Tara
Aug 11, 2011 Tara rated it it was amazing
Some really yummy recipes in here!
Terri
Terri rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2016
Jim Bellamy
Jim Bellamy rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2016
Isabell Hendricks
Isabell Hendricks marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2016
Michael Spredemann
Michael Spredemann rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Tonya
Tonya added it
Jul 24, 2016
Erica
Erica rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2016
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Ashley R. Smith
Ashley R. Smith rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
  • Fix, Freeze, Feast: Prepare in Bulk and Enjoy by the Serving, More Than 125 Recipes
  • Perfect Recipes for Having People Over
  • Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes for Two
  • More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: 200 Brand-New, Budget-Friendly, Slow-Cooker Recipes
  • More Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: A Drop-Top Culinary Cruise Through America's Finest and Funkiest Joints
  • Frozen Assets: Cook for a Day, Eat for a Month
  • Mark Bittman's Quick and Easy Recipes from the New York Times
  • The Food Substitutions Bible: More than 6,500 Substitutions for Ingredients, Equipment & Techniques
  • The Biggest Loser Cookbook: More Than 125 Healthy, Delicious Recipes Adapted from NBC's Hit Show
  • 'wichcraft: Craft a Sandwich into a Meal--And a Meal into a Sandwich
  • Once-A-Month Cooking: A Proven System for Spending Less Time in the Kitchen and Enjoying Delicious, Homemade Meals Every Day
  • Bon Appetit, Y'all: Recipes and Stories from Three Generations of Southern Cooking
  • Cooking for Two: More Than 200 Foolproof Recipes for Weeknights and Special Occasions
  • Quick and Easy Thai: 70 Everyday Recipes
  • The Best 30-minute Recipe: A Best Recipe Classic (Best Recipe Series)
  • The Food52 Cookbook, Volume 2: Seasonal Recipes from Our Kitchens to Yours
  • Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook: 200 New MUFA Recipes
  • Jacques Pépin More Fast Food My Way
Susie Martinez is a professional counselor with a private counseling practice in Colorado. She has been married to her husband, Joe, for twenty-two years and has two teenage children. Susie adores her family, her Kitchen Aid mixer, and her purple PT Cruiser. In her free time, she enjoys shopping with her daughter, taking long walks, and home decorating. Susie also struggles with a particular weakn ...more
More about Susie Martinez...