Start by marking “Don't Panic More Dinner's in the Freezer: A Second Helping of Tasty Meals You Can Make Ahead” as Want to Read:

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  183 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Hectic lifestyles make traditional cooking methods nearly obsolete in many families. The results are poor nutrition and budgets strained by the high cost of fast food or commercially prepared meals. Now, due to popular demand, the ladies who brought you "Don't Panic--Dinner's in the Freezer "offer more of their simple and economical recipes designed to be prepared and froz ...more
Published April 1st 2009 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about Don't Panic More Dinner's in the Freezer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Panic More Dinner's in the Freezer

Catherine Gillespie
This book has a handy reference with each recipe so that you can make multiple batches if you’d like to freeze it bulk. So you can make the recipe once, or if you like it you can make it x3, x6, or x9. While these recipes didn't fit my normal cooking style, I did get some helpful tips and hints.

{Read my complete review on A Spirited Mind}
Dori
I love the idea of cooking once and then freezing several meals from it, but many of these types of cookbooks have very boring recipes. Not so with "Don't Panic--more Dinner's in the Freezer"; there are a surprising number of unique and tasty recipes in this cook-and-freeze style cookbook.

I've been trying to cook more with chicken and found some great possibilities here that I look forward to trying, particularly Grilled Honey-Lime Chicken, All-Seasons Sesame Chicken, Chicken and Broccoli Quich
Elle
I loved this concept: cook 3 "meals", eat one, freeze two for later. As I work through what we like, what works frozen, and what we'll eat that much of, I plan to do this. It's easy in Pepper plate to scale recipes up 3x for shopping and prep and then back to 1x for cooking/freezing. I also liked some of the freezing techniques.

I didn't care much for many of the recipes. For me, there are too many 1980s "casserole" foods remind me of Hamburger Helper. However, I get it that those are what freez
Dawn Gallop
I enjoyed the book I still refer back to it. Since I am the mom to nine I cook a lot and need large recipes and this has that!! I would like to see more pics. A good cookbook.
Christi
I liked this version of Don't Panic... much better than the original. The recipes were more flavorful and used more spices and less can of cream soups. Definitely more real food oriented.

I love making dinner and freezing the leftovers for future meals. This series of books is a little different in that you assemble the meals and freeze them, then defrost and cook at a later date.

They give plenty of tips on how to store the food, what to serve with the main dish, what you need to prepare the nigh
Ellee
This is an especially great cookbook if you're not watching your waistline. They are very liberal with the butter, flour and oil in a lot of recipes. They do include some lower calorie options, but ONLY the "Lighter Fare" options have nutritional information. All that being said, they give great instructions and there are some things that I'll make from this cookbook. Mostly ways to jazz up chicken that I can put in the freezer and cook in minutes! :D
Leslie Ferrari
Like the first book, but with different recipes. Do note, there are no vegetarian main courses other than soup.
Carole
I've only recently got this book and already it's been book marked for recipes I want to try. The recipes that I've looked through seem easy to make well, with ingredients that I can get at a grocery store for reasonable prices.
Katy
There are several recipes I want to try.
I borrowed the book from the library and decided that I want to buy a used copy. I really like how this book gives you the recipe, how to freeze the food, and how to defrost and reheat.
Becky
Taught me different freezer methods & that I can basically freeze most anything.

I copied a half a dozen or so recipes out of this book. Not sure I'll freeze the baked goods but I want to try some of the recipes anyway.
Natasha  A.
I think I prefer this one to the first in the series!
Some very excellent recipes, lots of tips, and techniques.
I'm completely loving this freezer meal cooking.
It's quick and fast and amazingly great for busy people.
Kara
Good tips and hints for shopping for and prepping freezer meals. The recipes look pretty good, but I was hoping for more crockpot options. Will have to revisit this book later.
Karen
Same as the first book, but more good recipes. I tagged items to copy and decided I need to just buy it as I had so many recipes tagged.
Amy
Love, love, love this cookbook. Tons of great family recipes from breads to desserts and everything in between.
lisa
Got some great recipes from the first book, hoping this one has some good ones too!
Tara
Some really yummy recipes in here!
Alicia King
Alicia King is currently reading it
Jun 03, 2015
Brandi
Brandi marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
  • Fix, Freeze, Feast: Prepare in Bulk and Enjoy by the Serving, More Than 125 Recipes
  • Perfect Recipes for Having People Over
  • Mark Bittman's Quick and Easy Recipes from the New York Times
  • Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes for Two
  • More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: 200 Brand-New, Budget-Friendly, Slow-Cooker Recipes
  • More Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: A Drop-Top Culinary Cruise Through America's Finest and Funkiest Joints
  • The Food Substitutions Bible: More than 6,500 Substitutions for Ingredients, Equipment & Techniques
  • Down Home with the Neelys: A Southern Family Cookbook
  • How to Break an Egg: 1,453 Kitchen Tips, Food Fixes, Emergency Substitutions, and Handy Techniques
  • Once-A-Month Cooking: A Proven System for Spending Less Time in the Kitchen and Enjoying Delicious, Homemade Meals Every Day
  • Bon Appetit, Y'all: Recipes and Stories from Three Generations of Southern Cooking
  • The Biggest Loser Cookbook: More Than 125 Healthy, Delicious Recipes Adapted from NBC's Hit Show
  • Quick and Easy Thai: 70 Everyday Recipes
  • The Best Make-Ahead Recipe
  • Jacques Pépin More Fast Food My Way
  • Well-Preserved: Recipes and Techniques for Putting Up Small Batches of Seasonal Foods
  • Frozen Assets: Cook for a Day, Eat for a Month
  • Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook: 200 New MUFA Recipes
Susie Martinez is a professional counselor with a private counseling practice in Colorado. She has been married to her husband, Joe, for twenty-two years and has two teenage children. Susie adores her family, her Kitchen Aid mixer, and her purple PT Cruiser. In her free time, she enjoys shopping with her daughter, taking long walks, and home decorating. Susie also struggles with a particular weakn ...more
More about Susie Martinez...
Dont Panic - Dinner's in the Freezer: Great-Tasting Meals You Can Make Ahead Don't Panic - Quick, Easy, and Delicious Meals for Your Family Don't Panic...It's In The Freezer!