Start by marking “An Incomplete History Of World War I” as Want to Read:
An Incomplete History Of World War I

An Incomplete History Of World War I

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  8 reviews
'An Incomplete History of World War I' focuses on poignant events ranging from little-known episodes in major Western Front battles to the valiant exploits of outlandish individuals on the remote frontiers of the conflict.
Unknown Binding, 208 pages
Published by Not Avail

To ask other readers questions about An Incomplete History Of World War I, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Incomplete History Of World War I

Karen
Each standalone chapter is basically a snapshot of different aspects of the war -- the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand, gas attacks, lake battles in Africa, naval warfare, the invention of the tank, the beginnings of the Bolshevik revolution in Russia, the toll of the flu epidemic of 1918 -- and each one is interesting, entertaining, and engaging. As the title makes clear, the book doesn't attempt to be a comprehensive history, but it does a great job giving the reader a feel for the scope o ...more
Robert
This is a really interesting book filled with unusual short stories on World War One. It is an easy read yet filled with interesting facts many of which I was unfamiliar with, even considering I am a student of the conflict.

Interesting facts like that the day the Arch Duke Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie were shot was also their wedding anniversary and how the German thrust on Paris was halted by French troops travelling to the front by taxi all make the book a very interesting read.

If you a
Richard
A very interesting book that gives the reader a chapter size dose of World War I. Each chapter is dedicated to an incident or environment very essential to understanding of this history altering war. All chapters are thoroughly captivating.

Worth the time invested in reading and richer for it.
Sara
Initially I chose this book to get the complete concept of World War I.
It turned out to be a book based more on trivia than on major battles and concepts, making it an interesting, though indeed incomplete, history of WWI.
Jeremy
A fascinating book on WWI. Each of the 24 chapters focuses on an incident or facet of the war, including how taxis saved Paris, the Christmas armistice, poison gas, and Hitler's first war. It was an engrossing read.
Brian
Brief stories from WWI--not a history, but rather vignettes involving interesting people and events.
Tim
Good little bit-sized morsels of WWI history. yum.
Timothy
a little too incomplete to make sense
Pete Jemmerson
Pete Jemmerson marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Stella
Stella marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Manuel Fuentes
Manuel Fuentes marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Madeline
Madeline marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Meg
Meg marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Scott Biales
Scott Biales marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
Stephen J
Stephen J marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2013
Kevin Alcott
Kevin Alcott marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2013
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2012
An Incomplete History of World War II New Baby Book: The Complete Guide to Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Baby Care (Better Homes and Gardens) Before They Changed the World Eating Healthy Cook Book Better Homes and Gardens Eating Healthy Cook Book