Start by marking “Redback” as Want to Read:

Commander Bryn Gideon and the crack Australian ‘Redback Retrieval Team’ rescue hostages from Pacific island rebels. American journalist Scott Dreher, researching computer war-game training, uncovers links between Western government agencies and known terrorist groups.

Meanwhile ritual killings in London and Tokyo, a bomb on a European train, an assassination on an Australia
Trade Paperback, 402 pages
Published 2007 by Mira Books-Australia

To ask other readers questions about Redback, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redback

Jun 12, 2012 Adam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The deaths start in READBACK on the first page, and the action is fast paced and relentless. A peer of the realm is killed, a video game company exec is forced to commit ritual suicide, a train is blown up in Europe, assassination attempts fail and succeed, havoc is wreaked worldwide, but are they unrelated events or part of some global conspiracy?

Central to the plot is a hostage situation on a Pacific island, a crack team of hostage recovery agents moves in to save the day, only to be faced wit
Nov 24, 2010 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I originally read and reviewed REDBACK when it was released in 2007 by MIRA Press, so when Clan Destine (run by Lindy / I'm her web wrangler by way of declaration) republished it, I was really really interested to see if it would hold up well, particularly given that it has a number of quite topical references (okay well some digs as well) for the time.

At the time I mentioned that REDBACK is a quite a step away from Cameron's Kit O'Malley series - it's very much a big, pacey thriller, peopled wi
Apr 17, 2016 Harry007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action
Have you ever tried to read and enjoy an unreadable book? That's what I attempted here, in an effort to discern whether writing a good book is magic, or if there are simply too many bad writers on this planet. How do you classify a book as unreadable? In this case, it's the total lack of 'activity' and 'narrative momentum' and all the exposition this story wallows in. I waited for this book to drop from $27 to $5 a few years ago. I'm glad I waited because after finally reading the book, I can sa ...more
Newtown Review of Books
A beautiful-yet-deadly commander of a crack retrieval team; terrorists of US, European, Arabic and Asian strains; high-tech comms systems implanted into earlobes; assault helicopters; conspiracies; multiple explosions … Add a frank delight in the genre and you have Lindy Cameron’s page-turner Redback.

Read full review here:
Sep 03, 2014 Robert rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
fast paced, intriguing and humorous - actually, really bloody funny in places. I loved the characters in this book. and I found it very refreshing to be able to read a story with such an Aussie feel to it, rather than the typical Americanisms in just about everything else out there. I'll definitely be looking up Lindy's other books.
Tyswan rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2015
Kylie Fox
Kylie Fox rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2011
Margot Kinberg
Margot Kinberg rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2011
Moraig rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2016
Pat rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2016
MELISSA rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2012
Karina rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2014
Steff rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2012
Elizabeth Alger
Elizabeth Alger rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2011
Kylie Fox
Kylie Fox rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2011
bluntpencil rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2014
Shelley Nolan
Shelley Nolan rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2015
Grame rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2016
Chele rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2014
Patricia rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2008
Cecilia rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2011
w.m.lewis rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2016
Ulla rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2011
Narrelle rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2009