Start by marking “The Trophy Wife” as Want to Read:
The Trophy Wife

The Trophy Wife

Reduced to selling heirlooms to keep from losing her family's plantation, Elizabeth Stanton receives an unexpected proposal from Maxwell Reardon--a proposal which would solve her financial problems. However, Elizabeth and Maxwell get more than they bargained for. Original.
Published April 1st 2006 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about The Trophy Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trophy Wife

Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)
I can quite understand why this book got such extreme reviews.
It has a moc story served just the way I love it. A super hot uber-alpha H who has crawled his way up to his millions by sheer grit, and a cool classy southern heiress who has lost her millions but not her mettle. So with this moc he helps her out financially and she helps him get into the super tight snooty Houston society.

The chemistry and sex is super sizzling hot- thanks mostly to the H. The ‘hello wife’ consummation sex in the s
Linda
The Trophy Wife reminded me of some of Jayne Krentz's older contemporary romances. The alpha male with all his possessiveness: gruff one moment and sweetly endearing the next. The strong female who was slightly clueless but only when necessary to the storyline. And some hot, hot moments. The words, "Hello, wife", come to mind. Lastly, there was a decent amount of suspense.

I would have given the romance a higher rating except that Ms. Gray had Maxwell conveniently and candidly disappear when Eli
ElaineY
Jul 06, 2008 ElaineY rated it did not like it
The story's premise was fine. Convenient marriage, rich man looking for entree to high society. The phrasing reminded me of the regencies I used to read as a schoolgirl and it was as if Ms Gray was, indeed, writing a historical romance but forgot to change the dates.

I agree with the Amazon reviewers who gave this book 2 stars. I would have given it that at least if not for that hit-man. After finishing the book (I must have been in a good mood) I am puzzled as to why Ms Gray would create a chara
Charlie Richards
Absolutely riveting!

I can't begin to count the number of times I've read this book. I love Elizabeth's quiet dignity, sturdy backbone, and unwavering loyalty to those she cares about. Her relationship with Mimi is an absolute hoot and shows from where some of her characteristics developed. The way she responds to and eventually accept's Max's proposition, as well as how she deals with the man, is absolute entertainment.

When Max makes the marriage proposition, he has no idea the chain of events h
Virginia
Jan 03, 2012 Virginia rated it really liked it
Ok certain romances are like candy to me. This one is a like bite of dark chocolate. I have probably read it 3 times over the years. I've read other books by Gray but they do not give me the same feeling. I'm not sure what it is but I love this book which is really just a romance with a tiny bit of mystery. I love the hero and heroine and their romance. It's the perfect rainy day romance.
Cheryl Medley
Mar 01, 2008 Cheryl Medley rated it really liked it
Great book

I read this story many years ago. Came across my paperback copy yesterday which led me to see if I could get it on my eReader. Glad to find it in this format. Storyis just as good upon rereading. I highly recommend it.
Birgit
die letzten zehn seiten waren zwar besser aber das konnte die seifenoper davor nicht wieder gut machen :/
al adaes
al adaes rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2016
Sarah F. C. Thonet
Sarah F. C. Thonet rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2015
Anuhya
Anuhya rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2016
cynthia  haywood
cynthia haywood rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2014
Isabel C.
Isabel C. rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2014
JuliaOrlando
JuliaOrlando rated it did not like it
Jul 06, 2013
Betsy Gray
Betsy Gray rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2015
Sam
Sep 14, 2008 Sam rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! It is a book I take off my shelf to read again and again.
DivasoftheSerengeti_Lioness
DivasoftheSerengeti_Lioness rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2009
Janise B. Parry
Janise B. Parry rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2015
Trisha • Devoured Words
Trisha • Devoured Words rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2012
Catdogtamara
Catdogtamara rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2015
Katya_Mee
Katya_Mee rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2011
Dominoe Clay
Dominoe Clay rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2014
Juliette
Juliette rated it really liked it
May 29, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2015
Hazi
Hazi rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2010
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2013
Valie
Valie rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2012
Maggie Shanley
Sep 11, 2013 Maggie Shanley rated it liked it
Okay Southern Belle romance; modern day marriage of convenience story.
Diane Martin
Diane Martin rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2011
Randi
Randi rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2012
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Her Sister's Baby
  • The Rings that Bind
  • A Whisper of Disgrace (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #5)
  • My Cherished Enemy
  • Saved from Sin
  • Forbidden Surrender
  • My Only Love
  • The Barefoot Bride
  • The Rainbow Season (Turner's Rainbows Saga, #1)
  • Lord Ruin (The Sinclair Sisters, #1)
  • The Heart Breaker (Rocky Mountain, #2)
  • Take Me
Ginna sold her first novel in 1983, after winning the Golden Heart Award, given by Romance Writers of America for the best unpublished novel in a category. She has been working as a full-time writer ever since. When she finishes her current contracts, Ginna will have written 33 books. She has also given many lectures and writing workshops, and judged in writing contests.

A native Texan, Ginna lived