Start by marking “Macroeconomics” as Want to Read:
Macroeconomics

Macroeconomics

3.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  88 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
NA
Published October 27th 2006 by Irwin/McGraw-Hill (first published November 1st 1000)

To ask other readers questions about Macroeconomics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Macroeconomics

Lucas Johnston
Decent overview of keynesian economics, although I read the 2016 edition.
Luke
Aug 21, 2013 Luke rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the Macroeconomics book assigned last summer by my macroeconomics professor. Although it was only a textbook, I found that McConnell was able to explain the topic in a clear yet somewhat wordy way. Maybe I just found a liking for economics, but I really enjoyed learning through his book. He used many tables and graphs to make the subject as clear as possible. Besides the wordiness, I could really only find one other thing to critic him on which was the fact that there was very little ab ...more
Andy
Jan 15, 2016 Andy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I learned so much from this very comprehensive study of macroeconomics. The book provides exactly what I had hoped for, taking me from a basic understanding to a pretty thorough understanding of how economies function, how supply and demand determine all sorts of things, and how this affects everyone. A very long read but definitely one of the better textbooks I've had to digest.
Thomas Andrikus
I was required to use this book for my "ECO 200: Introduction to Macroeconomics" class in Northern Kentucky University. Overall, it was a boring class, and I only read the textbook on two occasions only: the first was when I was about to take my midterm exam...and the second was when I was about to take my final exam.

I scored an A on my overall ECO 200 grade.
Saria
Aug 14, 2009 Saria rated it really liked it
I have felt so under-achieving because you are reading such fun books and I have NOTHING to report. So here's my Macroeconomics book. Yes, I am reading it. very thoroughly. Can't say that I've read much else, but I will!
As for this book, it's very educational, well written, and sometimes easy to read.
Will
Mar 12, 2012 Will rated it did not like it
A poor textbook. Why people pump out identically boring texts probably says something about why education has such a poor ROI in the USA. I cannot bring myself to write anymore words about this boring book. Go read a more interesting econ. book. There are many.
emily
Dec 17, 2008 emily rated it did not like it
Maybe they could put the graphs on the same page as the text relating to the graphs in the next edition? Also, examples involving Beyonce don't make the content any more interesting.
Shannon
Aug 20, 2008 Shannon rated it liked it
Recommends it for: INSOMNIACS OR MASOCHISTS
Shelves: 2008, economics, textbooks
YES! THIS CLASS IS OVER AND I SKATED OUT WITH A B-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HARDEST MATERIAL EVER.
Kristy Buzbee
Dec 16, 2008 Kristy Buzbee rated it liked it
Shelves: reference, nonfiction
Again...it did what it was supposed to do. I thought micro was better, though.
Sarah Thompson
Sarah Thompson rated it it was ok
Apr 05, 2016
Grace Metcalfe
Grace Metcalfe marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Alsignat
Alsignat marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Cor
Cor marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Amine Blue Skies
Amine Blue Skies is currently reading it
Mar 13, 2016
Natia
Natia marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Zachary
Zachary is currently reading it
Mar 14, 2016
Tessa Iglesias
Tessa Iglesias rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Olabisi Ajayi
Olabisi Ajayi rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Pablo G
Pablo G rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Sonu
Sonu rated it it was ok
Dec 25, 2015
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2015
Chandrakanta
Chandrakanta marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2015
Ivelisse Colon
Ivelisse Colon rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2015
Albert Walle
Albert Walle marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015