Start by marking “My Animals (Black & White (Walker & Company))” as Want to Read:
My Animals (Black & White (Walker & Company))

My Animals (Black & White (Walker & Company))

A black-and-white delight for babies and beyond!

Everyone will love Xavier Deneux’s stylish animal menagerie. With playful cut-outs and splashes of color, this high-contrast book is perfect for introducing favorites from our wild kingdom. You won’t want to put down this feast for the senses!

Board book, 18 pages
Published May 13th 2008 by Walker Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about My Animals (Black & White, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Animals (Black & White

Alex
Sep 28, 2015 Alex rated it liked it
A simple black and white picture book. The only words are the name of the animals that appear in each page.

There's no "story" to follow and it's difficult to create one to tell the little ones.
The pictures are ok, but the location of the holes and the image that shows of the page underneath, doesn't make sense with the main picture.

The review of a 10 month old girl:
The holes in this book don't capture my curiosity. I never stick my finger in there. The only picture that I'm interested is the one
Danielle
Jan 10, 2013 Danielle rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Most of the illustrations are black and white with some splashes of color. Pages have cutouts that show glimpses of the past and upcoming illustrations that fit into the current picture quite nicely. The use of black and white will be great to use with newborns and young babies to help develop eye focus. Some of the words, such as hippopotamus, might be cumbersome for a young toddler trying to repeat the animal names. This book was initially published in France, so the animals choices might have ...more
jacky
Jun 16, 2010 jacky rated it liked it
Recommends it for: infants, toddlers
Shelves: lib-lew, board-books
I wish I'd had this for Natalie when she was a very small baby since black and white images are supposed to be most appealing to newborns. The cover of this book is raised where the dog is white. There are holes in the pages for a piece of one picture to become part of another, which I thought was a clever touch. The only text was the names of the animals, which makes it easy for babies to focus and lends itself to naming later. I liked the selection of animals - cat, dog, fish, bird, but also ...more
crashqueen73
Oct 23, 2015 crashqueen73 rated it really liked it
This book is super super simple and would be ideal for the very young child or the beginning reader. From tiny babies that enjoy looking at black and white distinctions in colour, to young readers that could make the link between picture and word.

Each page of this hard cover books contains a super simple image on an animal and one single word. I can definitely see the appeal of this one for the very young, Kindergarten and below for this one.
Amanda
May 12, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Received this as a shower gift from a friend, and it has never lost its appeal. The black and white is great, the simplicity of the text is great, and the illustrations are so darned awesome! Highly recommend this one to anyone and everyone.
Brittany
A great black and white book for newborns! I love the modern illustrations and the animals that are covered in this book. Each page has a hole cut out which Alistair liked to poked his finger through.
Susan
Apr 24, 2009 Susan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
high contrast of black/white - attractive illustrations with circle cut-outs on each page that show through to page beneath. Alex loved the black/white pics! board book.
Courtney
Dec 20, 2008 Courtney rated it really liked it
Another favorite of Odin's. Trav picked it up at the library and Odin's been enjoying it ever since. Poor kid's going to think the whole world is black and white.
Kelly
Dec 21, 2012 Kelly rated it liked it
My Animals offers the earliest readers in my classroom a book that they CAN read. (Plus, we all like the peek-a-boo holes.)
Shari Hanneman
Shari Hanneman rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2014
Audra
Audra rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2012
Laura rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2014
E&C
E&C rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2011
Stevie
Jul 27, 2011 Stevie rated it really liked it
Shelves: hannah
Really cute!
Trinity
Trinity rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2016
Gilbert
Gilbert rated it liked it
May 16, 2011
Viktorie
Viktorie rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2012
Hayley Andersen
Hayley Andersen rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2012
Oliver
Oliver rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2008
Stacy
Stacy rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2014
Clemen_t_ine
Clemen_t_ine rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2014
Adrienne
Adrienne rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2015
Cierra Edwards
Cierra Edwards rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2013
Xabier Cid
Xabier Cid rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2010
Matthew
Matthew rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2016
Lucy Bilik
Lucy Bilik rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2011
Kaley Thompson
Kaley Thompson rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Dec 10, 2010
Joana Espiñal
Joana Espiñal rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Binaifer
Binaifer rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2016