Start by marking “The Ship Errant” as Want to Read:
The Ship Errant

The Ship Errant (Brainship #6)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  1,052 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Carialle and Keff were the ones who had discovered intelligent life on the planet Ozran. Now she and Keff are serving as couriers for the "globe-frogs", to return them from whence they came. And now all the evidence is indicating that the dirty rats who caused Carialle such pain in the first place may be the very globe-frogs with whom she and Keff have just become friends.
Published November 1st 1997 by Baen Books (first published December 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Ship Errant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ship Errant

Mary
I love just about all the Brainship books. They are all by different authors or author mixups though so they have different flavors. This one and it's prequel are both rather fanciful offshoots. Very fun. I love Globefrogs!
Kimikimi
I've read these before and I don't think they're very well written, possibly because so many authors have worked on this series. This one is the second book about Carille and Keff, and they go back to Ozran and meet more aliens and solve the mystery of who left Carielle in space to die. Yeah, that's about it. I do like the alien races, but they are designed to be as likeable as possible, all are pretty 2D and seem to lack flaws except for the one played for (bad) comic relief. That all said, I d ...more
Amelia Myers
I really enjoyed this book. I felt like it was an adequate sequel to the other book. I just wish that time had allowed me to finish this book over a two-day period instead of the month or so it took me. The action was really intense and the plot was pretty interesting. Since I spaced out reading it so much I had issues keeping track of a few of the lesser characters, but it didn't really alter my perception of the book. Overall I would recommend this book to any Sci-Fi lovers that really enjoy s ...more
Al
Product Description

Sharon
This book continues the story of Keff and Carialle, who met the globe-frogs on their last adventure. Now they're out to save them, although it turns out they may be the bad guys in the drama. This story strives for a medieval adventure feel. Brain and Brawn often role-play knights and maidens.
Anna
It's entertaining and kept my attention throughout. However, the plot twists were predictable, albeit comfortingly so. Great brain candy space opera, but not otherwise noteworthy.
Theresa
a great series and continuation of the people and legends began by Anne Mccaffrey i had to continue the series.
Rachel
Anne McCaffrey WOULD be proud. It had all the hallmarks of one of her books while very definitely being JLN's.
♆ BookAddict ♨ ✒ La Crimson Femme❇ ♐
This continuation of the brainship was decent. I enjoyed it recommend forpeople who love the scifi techie factor.
Theresa
i love this series coupled with anne mccaffrey
Artreads
Great next step in the Brainship series!
Mary-Beth
Continuation of The Ship Who Won.
Cathy Fitzgerald
Cathy Fitzgerald marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Jeri
Jeri added it
Oct 28, 2014
Brian M.
Brian M. marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
S
S marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Julie Akhter
Julie Akhter marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Rairy
Rairy marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
  • The Ship Avenged
  • The Ship Who Won (Brainship, #5)
Jody Lynn Nye lists her main career activity as ‘spoiling cats.’ When not engaged upon this worthy occupation, she writes fantasy and science fiction books and short stories.

Before breaking away from gainful employment to write full time, Jody worked as a file clerk, book-keeper at a small publishing house, freelance journalist and photographer, accounting assistant and costume maker.

For four year
More about Jody Lynn Nye...
The Dragonlover's Guide to Pern Dragonharper: A Crossroads Adventure in the world of Anne McCaffrey's Pern Mythology 101 Don't Forget Your Spacesuit, Dear An Unexpected Apprentice (Tildi Summerbee, #1)