Start by marking “Escape from the Island of Aquarius (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #2)” as Want to Read:
Escape from the Island of Aquarius (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #2)

Escape from the Island of Aquarius (The Cooper Kids Adventures #2)

3.9  ·  Rating Details ·  2,342 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
A cry for help from a sinking island...

A rescue mission leads Jay and Lila Cooper to a doomed South Sea island where nothing is as they expected. Instead of a primitive civilization, the Coopers encounter a busy colony with a mysterious leader claiming to be Adam MacKenzie, a missionary once presumed dead. To add to the confusion, someone seems to have pushed the island's
Published July 14th 2004 by Crossway Books (first published 1986)

Laura Verret
When a man was found bobbing on a hand-made raft in the Pacific Ocean, there was little on his person to identify him. The only clue he held was a tiny piece of paper with the signature ‘Adam MacKenzie’ on it.

But this is a name the Coopers know! Adam MacKenzie was a missionary who began traveling amongst the South Sea islands several years ago – and disappeared without a trace. The Coopers agree to set out on an expedition of recovery in the hopes of reestablishing contact with Mr. MacKenzie.

But
April Nichole
Dec 12, 2009 April Nichole rated it it was amazing
I liked this one better than the first in the series. It didn’t take as long for me to get pulled into this one. I couldn’t put this one down. It took me about five hours to read it. I had planned on just reading a little and going to bed but it is now 2:30 in the morning.

Frank Peretti is a Christian author so that is always evident in his writing. With his adult books it can be subtle with someone learning a lesson of some kind but with this series Dr. Cooper and his two children Jay and Lila t
Emily
Oct 29, 2013 Emily rated it liked it
I gave it a three star because the plot was interesting. It could have been so much better if it had better character development though.
Janet
Aug 09, 2012 Janet rated it it was amazing
great series for kids.
Arwen
Jun 01, 2017 Arwen rated it really liked it
One of the YA books by Frank Peretti in a series that I am trying to complete, The Cooper Kids Adventures. Good stories that mixes adventure and faith.
Kirk
Feb 27, 2017 Kirk rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aborted
I read this at some point when I was a kid, probably in the library of my Lutheran grade school. The religious overtones must have gone right over my head. In the last few years, I had stray memories of the plot and I was finally able to find the title again, thanks to Google. I borrowed the book from the library for an anticipated nostalgia trip, only to abandon it after 30 pages of heavy-handed religiosity and bashing on paganism. Kids deserve better than this from their books. Much better.
Jill Williamson
Oct 14, 2009 Jill Williamson rated it it was amazing
Jay and Lila Cooper join their father on a trip to the Island of Aquarius to rescue a missing missionary, Adam MacKenzie. When they arrive, they discover a man claiming to be Adam who has declared himself the leader of a bizarre colony. The man claims his people want to live in peace away from the modern world. But people keep dying. And when Jay, Lila, and their father start investigating, they become the next targets of the mysterious Moro-Kunda. And to make matters worse, the island is in big ...more
Jason
Oct 05, 2012 Jason rated it it was amazing
This book is about the archeologists, the Coopers, who travel to find a missing missionary. When they get to the shore, there is a guy (a native), that was over on the beach with an African wood mask. He said to go away and that it wasn't safe and then fled into the jungle. Then there was another guy, Candle) that said it was safe to come (he was the friend of the missionary). The island is also sinking. The missionary was alive, pushed off into a whirlpool where a cavern was underneath the isla ...more
Anne Hamilton
Apr 23, 2015 Anne Hamilton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun read.

Jay and Lila Cooper are caught up in a South Sea adventure when their father is asked by a missionary organisation to check on the whereabouts of Adam MacKenzie. A strange, incomplete message from him was found with a dead man whose remains were discovered floating near the mysterious and forbidding Island of Aquarius.

Ok, get past the fact that Dr Cooper knowingly takes his kids into potential danger of the highest order. And get past the fact that Lila seems to have prescience in an
Chris Perry
At the time that I read the book it was AMAZING!! But I was also a lot younger then and I don't remember much about the book now. I do remember the skeleton outline of it and from that (without spoiling it for any of the rest of you) it is a good "children's read". Ha, I never thought I would say that about Frank Peretti but I guess we all surprise ourselves sooner or later.

I did enjoy the book and I like many of Peretti's other works. I think he is more geared and talented with traumatizing ad
David Natiuk
Book #2 in the Cooper Kids series deals out action, mystery and vivid settings lead by strong bible-believing protagonists. I really am enjoying this series, I think its an exciting read for young-adults with a Christian worldview and positive role models for this sinful world we all live in.

The Island of Aquarius has characters which are a little, hmmm... shallow. The dialogue is more fitting of teenagers, but I think it fits the target market. My big gripe with this story is it feels too much
Kara Rohlman
Apr 01, 2016 Kara Rohlman rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, and I still do! I draw fanart, I'm currently writing a script for it, and I'm planning on animating my favorite part of the book!

Speaking of my favorite part of the book; I am looking at the reviews and why is no one talking about Dr. Cooper's rage moment!? I mean, come on! That part gives me goosebumps!
Also, after Dr. Cooper jumped over the chasm, he said "Phew, I haven't done that since high school." How come nobody is taking note of these things and thinking about them? I h
Amy ♥♫
Mar 13, 2011 Amy ♥♫ rated it it was amazing
This book was so riveting and quite the page-turner!! This is one of the two in this series that I have read, Frank E Peretti has got it loaded with action!! This series should be made into movies, they are just so good. Of course I'm sure the one thing that Hollywood is questioning is all the Christianity that the characters show. You know, if they're OK with Lewis and his Chronicles of Narnia, then this would be a great companion to that series. Besides, we need more morals in our movies than ...more
Phil
Mar 05, 2013 Phil rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finished reading this one to my 8yo son who was pretty captivated by the action in the story. It was a bit drawn out for me in the back-and-forth towards the end. Who am I kidding, I was ready for it be over and looking for ways to skip paragraphs.

I liked this second book in the series more so than the first, and I am looking forward to finishing the series with my son. It didn't seem quite as cheesy as the Dragon's Throat, but still a bit awkward in its matter-of-fact delivery of the gospel.
Joshua Castillo
Oct 05, 2012 Joshua Castillo rated it it was amazing
The Coopers they were assigned to find out how this man died when these sailors found a dead guy on a raft. They go onto the island and learn that the islanders are in danger of sinking - doomed to perish. Their daughter gets captured at one point in the story and is suppose to be sacrificed to a pagan god (a serpent). She has faith that Jesus will help her thru the hard time. God protects her, she ends up escaping with the help of Candle.
Daniel Routh
Dec 13, 2012 Daniel Routh rated it liked it
That's three stars for me, personally. I would give it five stars for a kid looking for something to read. A father and two children go to an island to check up on a disappeared missionary. They meet a man who claims to be the missionary, who is leading a cult on the island. Is there really a snake god at work on the island? And is the island apocalyptically in danger of sinking as some believe? Tune in to find out.
Lyndon
Jan 14, 2017 Lyndon added it
Read these first four volumes in the early 90s to our daughters. I remember them as fun children's adventures taking intriguing (and sometimes obscure) biblical stories and archaeological finds and weaving them into a solid Christian fantasy. I'm pretty sure they'd make for good, clean reading for children and middle graders today as well.
Carol Caldwell
Dec 29, 2012 Carol Caldwell rated it really liked it
Dr. Cooper and his son and daughter are the main characters in this adventure tale about rescuing a missionary. The mysterious island is foreboding, even if the people appear friendly at first. Peretti moves his characters in and out of trouble through the plot. But you never know what is going to happen next or how it will end.
Maria Elmvang
Oct 09, 2007 Maria Elmvang rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My dad read this one aloud to my sisters and me when we were younger, but had to stop because it scared my younger sister too much. Upon rereading it, I can kinda understand why. It's VERY dark for a children's book, and has a lot of frightening images. Still, I enjoyed it both then and now - perhaps because of it being slightly more scary than most books I used to read at that age.
Heather
Oct 12, 2014 Heather rated it liked it
This Cooper Kids book made me less scared than a lot of the others, maybe because it incorporates more fantasy and ancient myth and fewer ghosts and curses. I liked it, and I don't have the creepy-crawly feeling associated with its memory that I do of a lot of the others.
Tarissa
Oct 25, 2015 Tarissa rated it really liked it
Great adventure book for teens! It had the perfect amounts of thrills, good vs. evil, reality, fiction, & biblical truth. I enjoyed book #2 much, much better than book #1. Excited to try the next one!
Meadow Frisbie
Feb 13, 2009 Meadow Frisbie rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
The Cooper siblings are trapped on an island that seems to be haunted, all the primitive people living on the island seem to be sending it to it's doom with constant earthquakes and eruptions. But worse of all, there ia a power lurking in the shadows.
Mattea
Mar 20, 2009 Mattea rated it really liked it
how can i say it this book on a scale from 1-10 i would rate it 100. it was so scary but funny too i recommend this book to people who are looking for a book that will keep you reading untill you finish it.
Toren Grainger
Sep 24, 2009 Toren Grainger rated it really liked it
*yawn*
Janet Kaufman
Oct 04, 2009 Janet Kaufman rated it liked it
These are really good kid's books. Full of adventure and good examples. Highly recommend for your kids.
Gerald
Sep 07, 2015 Gerald rated it it was amazing
The thrilling ride continues! This one is action-packed from start to finish! Where is book 3?
May 29, 2012 Laura added it
This was an awesome book i loved it so much.
Penny Whitmore
Oct 17, 2015 Penny Whitmore rated it it was amazing
Check out my review here, and a outfit that matches the cover!
Paula Vaughn
Aug 09, 2009 Paula Vaughn rated it really liked it
I liked how this book gave scripture reference when the kids were facing trouble. I missed it being there in Dessert Stone. This is a great kids adventure series.
  • Mandie and the Cherokee Legend (Mandie, #2)
  • The Sword of Camelot (Seven Sleepers, #3)
  • Sole Survivor (Mars Diaries, #5)
  • My Life as a Smashed Burrito (The Incredible Worlds of Wally McDoogle, #1)
FROM HIS WEBSITE:
With more than 12 million novels in print, Frank Peretti is nothing short of a publishing phenomenon and has been called “America’s hottest Christian novelist.”

Peretti is a natural storyteller who, as a youngster in Seattle, regularly gathered the neighborhood children for animated storytelling sessions. After graduating from high school, he began playing banjo with a local blueg
More about Frank E. Peretti...

The Cooper Kids Adventures (8 books)
  • The Door in the Dragon's Throat (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #1)
  • The Tombs of Anak (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #3)
  • Trapped at the Bottom of the Sea (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #4)
  • The Secret of the Desert Stone (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #5)
  • The Deadly Curse of Toco-Rey (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #6)
  • The Legend of Annie Murphy (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #7)
  • Flying Blind (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #8)