Start by marking “The Martyrs of Columbine: Faith and the Politics of Tragedy” as Want to Read:
The Martyrs of Columbine: Faith and the Politics of Tragedy

The Martyrs of Columbine: Faith and the Politics of Tragedy

3.23 of 5 stars 3.23  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  3 reviews
On April 20, 1999, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold killed 12 fellow students and one teacher at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado. Two of the victims of the Columbine massacre, Cassie Bernall and Rachel Scott, reportedly were asked by the gunmen if they believed in God. Both allegedly answered “Yes” and were killed. Within days of their death, Cassie and Rachel we...more
Published November 9th 2002 by Palgrave Macmillan (first published November 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Martyrs of Columbine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Martyrs of Columbine

FSU Alumni
Sep 26, 2014 FSU Alumni added it
Shelves: fsu-alumni
Justin Watson (M.A. '92, Ph.D. '96)
Ange
An interesting read about the ways we react to tragedies (such as Columbine). I hadn't really paid attention to the differences that political parties had reacted when this happened, but there clearly are differences and I am more aware of those now. It's certainly not a "can't set down" book, but nonetheless I am glad that I read it.
Kymberly
Oct 07, 2008 Kymberly rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: someone interested in Colombine
Recommended to Kymberly by: friend
I read quite a few books on Colombine about the victims and I was told that this was a book about looking at it from another side. I disagreed with almost everything about it. But it was very informing on how some people are viewing this tratic event.
Donna
Donna added it
Jul 19, 2014
Abigail
Abigail marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2013
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2013
Sarah added it
Dec 01, 2012
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2012
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2012
Molly
Molly marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2011
Ruth
Ruth marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2011
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2009
Macey
Macey marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2009
Trisha
Trisha marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2009
Breezy
Breezy added it
Aug 20, 2008
Marching As to War: A Post-Apocalyptic Novel The Christian Coalition: Dreams Of Restoration, Demands For Recognition Marching as to War The Martyrs of Columbine: Faith and the Politics of Tragedy Religion and Peace in the Middle East: Papers from a Conference of the Council for the World's Religions Held in Toledo, Spain, March 14 - 18, 1988