Amber The Orange Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #2)

Amber The Orange Fairy (Rainbow Fairies #2)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  1,796 ratings  ·  69 reviews
The seven Rainbow Fairies are missing! Rachel and Kirsty search for one in each RAINBOW MAGIC book. Read all seven books to help rescue the fairies and bring the sparkle back to Fairyland!

Fairyland is home to seven colorful sisters. Together, they are the Rainbow Fairies! They keep Fairyland dazzling and bright. But when evil Jack Frost sends them far away, the sisters are
Published May 1st 2005 by Scholastic Inc. (first published May 29th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Amber The Orange Fairy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amber The Orange Fairy

Ruby the Red Fairy by Daisy MeadowsThe Mystic Princesses and the Whirlpool by P.J. LaRueAlice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis CarrollCrystal The Snow Fairy by Daisy MeadowsHeather The Violet Fairy by Daisy Meadows
best childrens fantasy books ever
6th out of 71 books — 28 voters
The Silver Chair by C.S. LewisOne Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. SeussMeeting With Christ and Other Poems by Deepak ChaswalGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussIsland of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell
Colors
289th out of 297 books — 27 voters

More lists with this book...

Mckayla
I like how Kristy and Rachel went to the beach with their Moms and Dads and found Amber the orange fairy in a seashell. They got to see each other inside the pot. Ruby and the frog footmen made a house inside the pot as well. They were very creative and made the chairs, ground and pillows.
Irene
Mar 14, 2013 Irene rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Girls in Pre-K through 2nd Grade
Recommended to Irene by: Isabelle's 1st grade classmate
A fine follow-up to Ruby the Red Fairy!

In Ruby the Red Fairy, the Fairy Queen had told Rachel and Kirsty, "Let the magic come to you." Indeed, they were unable to find any fairies when they searched purposefully. It was only when they were caught up in their own fun at the beach that Amber the Orange Fairy appeared to them.

The Fairy Queen had also given each girl a magic bag to be used when they were in need of help. Sure enough, when the girls first found Amber, she was trapped, and it was on...more
Julia Jasztal
(Mommy's review from 9/24/10)

If the books in this series continue to hold Julia's attention and get her excited about reading they'll all get five stars and a glowing review from me. We're reading these together because Julia can't yet read alone although these books are helping her to become more comfortable with certain words, along with the work we do here at home and what she does at her school.
We started out using these (the first one in the series and the beginning of this) as before bedti...more
Dolly
Feb 26, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the second book in the original Rainbow Magic series by the group of authors who go by the pseudonym Daisy Meadows. This series is the first of the many (about 125!) books in the Rainbow Magic series (yes, it confused me at first, too.) In any case, I'm not sure why we waited so long to read these original books, as now our oldest is finally reading about how Rachel and Kirsty got together with the fairies in the first place. Our oldest took a little break from fairies, but is getting in...more
$hanel
After Rachel and Kirsty have found Ruby their next fairy to find is Amber the orange fairy. This brings a new adventure to Rachel and Kirsty and they must search RainSpell Island again to find the second rainbow fairy. Amber is hidden in another magical spot on RainSpell Island and of coarse Jack Frost finds out that Rachel and Kirsty are out to find Amber and the others and he soon sends out his nasty green goblins to fight Rachel and Kirsty off from his evil plan. I know I sound so dorky writi...more
Jessica Comley
It is very simple and perfect for light reading. I really enjoyed it!
Alison Stadt
I think that Amber the orange fairy is very active. The Rainbow fairy`s are in trouble so Rachel and Kristy are going to help find them. Ruby has already been found, now Rachel and Kristy have to help Amber the orange fairy.
Mischa
Amber the orange fairy is found in a shell.
Louise (A Strong Belief in Wicker)
Formulaic fairy fiction that is an absolute hit with young girls. Daisy Meadows is the nom de plum for a group of writers. Great concept though. The rainbow fairies have been banished from Fairyland and so Fairyland has no colour. Rachel and Kirsty have to find a rainbow of fairies. Amber is the second in this rainbow hue of stories. Lots of elements little girls love- fairies sleeping in shells on rose petals, very mildly scary goblins, and Rachel and Kirsty get changed to fairy size in every b...more
Priya
(My overall review for the rainbow magic series)

These books were so magical to me as a child. They really got me into reading and I was so addicted. They helped me learn the colours of the rainbow and entertained me for several years. The books aren't very good. I've tried reading them again because I was interested in what I saw in them. The books are very similar and repetitive but to child version of me, they were completely perfect!
Elaine
Cute. Introduction of some villains to add a little excitement, but not really scary for the kids. I won't review the rest, but seems like a cute enough series. Only takes like 20-30 minutes to read. Timothy said they're not that interesting, cuz they just do the same thing each book. I guess the first couple books seem new and fresh, but if this pattern continues (look for fairy, find fairy, use magic), I can see this getting redundant.
Maggie
When I got home from the library with this book, I grabbed the library bag and sorted all the books and this was the first one I read (after Ruby). It made me excited when Ruby said "Help" when the wind made the sand go up and the shell was seen and there was a little tinkling voice singing in it. At once I knew it was a fairy! I LOVED the book and the second I was done with it, I grabbed Sunny to read.
Julia Winknler
This is the second story of the ainbow fairies. Amber got caught in an enourmas shell. Again Kirsty and Rachel have to watch out for the nasty goblins and for anything that could harm Amber.
Amber is the orange fairy and she is very happy to know that her sister Ruby is save and that the rest of her sisters wil maybe be just as save as the two faries are.
Cloe
My favorite part was when the frog kicks the ice pot so Ruby and Amber could make it their home.

I like the part when the gobblins were trying to chase them.

And when Amber asks lots of questions and Rachel answered them.

I also liked when Amber was trapped inside the shell and was rescued.
Emily
May 21, 2014 Emily added it
i love it
Rishita Sarin
its a really good book if you like to read books base on magic. but this book is kind of thin so you could finish this book in like 1 day .plus if you want to read this book don't forget to read the first book "RUBY THE RED FAIRY"because its kind of confusing if you don't read the first book .
Jasmine ☥
I used to read these when I was younger and really liked them, now I realise in every book the stories are exactly the same; Two girls meet a fairy in trouble, they try to save the fairy, the 'goblins' cause a problem, they eventually save the day. But they're okay if you're 6 :)
Twyla
my favorite part was when Amber was found.the worst part was when the goblins went after the varies to catch them.the best characters were Rachel and Kristy because they helped find amber.the worst character was the goblins because they tried to catch amber and ruby.
Deborah Harris
Dec 27, 2013 Deborah Harris added it
Shelves: a23, ar-3
AR Quiz No. 88935 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 3.3 - AR Pts: 1.0
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP
Misha
I think this book is very adventrous and magical.This book is about two girls which are called rachel and kristy they always meet a magical fairy which is a coulour fairy.All seven fairys have a special colour.
Isabel
I like it a lot because they find things in funny places on their vacation.

My favorite part was when they found Amber inside the clam shell and they tickled the clam shell so it would open up.
9 3/4
Feb 10, 2013 9 3/4 rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
I loved this as a child. Yes I know I am a boy and this should appeal to girls only, but fairies (kind and beautiful on the outside, dark on the inside) always fascinated me. I was a strange kid.
Kayla
I thought the "suspenseful" part of the story ended too abruptly, but the girls in the story go on a nice little adventure. I think children will like this story though.
Abby
Another sweet fairy story... that the human girls get turned into fairies in the story is particularly appealing to a certain 5 year old listening to this story!
Celena
One of the graces about this series is little girl's finding their name in the title, or their best friend's name. Our daughter loved hers - love you Amber girlie!
Dana
Apr 12, 2009 Dana rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: its-ok
Now the story continues. This time they have to find the orange fairy. Last time they found the red fairy. Can they do it? Read this book to find out!!! :)
Emma
hahahhaha it felt like yesterday I was reading all these books it was so fun seeing all the litte faries help people. Such a blast to the past!!!!!
Celia
I think amber the orange fairy was the best book
in the rainbow magic books ! but that's just me ! :)
:) Happy And more Happy ! LOL !
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Princess Charlotte and the Birthday Ball (The Tiara Club, #1)
  • Vidia and the Fairy Crown (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #2)
  • The Trouble With Tink (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #1)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • Silvermist and the Ladybug Curse (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #12)
  • Dreams Come True (My Secret Unicorn, #2)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Ivy and Bean Break the Fossil Record (Ivy and Bean, #3)
  • Princess (The Puppy Place)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Fancy Nancy: Nancy Clancy, Super Sleuth
  • Stanley's Christmas Adventure (Flat Stanley, #5)
  • Junie B., First Grader: Dumb Bunny (Junie B. Jones, #27)
Daisy Meadows is the pseudonym used for the four writers of the Rainbow Magic children's series: Narinder Dhami, Sue Bentley, Linda Chapman, and Sue Mongredien. Rainbow Magic features differing groups of fairies as main characters, including the Jewel fairies, Weather fairies, Pet fairies, Petal fairies, and Sporty fairies.

Narinder Dhami was born in Wolverhampton, England on November 15, 1958. Sh...more
More about Daisy Meadows...
Ruby the Red Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #1) Crystal The Snow Fairy (Rainbow Magic #8; Weather Fairies, #1) Fern The Green Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #4) Sunny The Yellow Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #3) Goldie The Sunshine Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #11; Weather Fairies, #4)