Start by marking “101 Uses for a Dead Cat” as Want to Read:
101 Uses for a Dead Cat

101 Uses for a Dead Cat

Since time immemorial mankind has been plagued by the question "What do you do with a dead cat?" Here, at last, in 101 hilarious, outrageous, and (sometimes) downright sick cartoons, are some answers. 101 black-and-white illustrations.
Published November 2nd 1988 by Potter Style (first published January 1st 1981)

To ask other readers questions about 101 Uses for a Dead Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 101 Uses for a Dead Cat

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. DickSomething Wicked This Way Comes by Ray BradburyThe Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas AdamsPride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-SmithI Was Told There'd Be Cake by Sloane Crosley
Best Book Titles
206th out of 2,414 books — 2,402 voters
Dewey by Vicki MyronThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussOld Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. EliotAlice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis CarrollThe Complete Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson
Great "Cat" Books
166th out of 1,089 books — 626 voters

More lists with this book...

Marvin
Mar 17, 2012 Marvin rated it liked it
Maslow, Fanci, and Ashley wandered over to the thin red book lying on the floor.

Maslow, the smartest of the three cats, tried to read the title, "D-E-A-D C-A-T"

Ashley pricked up her ears "CATS! It's about cats."

Fanci turned a few pages, 'It's about dead cats, I think."

Maslow sneered, "Who would want a dead cat? We're a lot cuddlier when we're alive.

Fanci sneered back, "You're a lot fatter when you're alive".

"Hey, I'm not fat. I'm fluffy!"

AshLey kept looking at the pictures, "It seems we cats are
HeavyReader
Jan 27, 2012 HeavyReader rated it it was ok
I remember when this book was EVERYWHERE! And then there were a bunch of knock-offs: "101 Uses for a Dead This" "101 uses for a Dead That."

So some of the uses for dead cats were clever, although not exactly funny. I like cats, so the idea of making them useful after they are dead is just pretty awful to me. And really, those dead cats would start stinking pretty fast unless they were embalmed.

Tandie
Oct 10, 2013 Tandie rated it liked it
Recommends it for: People who enjoy Far Side type comics.
Recommended to Tandie by: My mom
I saw this & remember reading it when I was 10 or so. My mom (who's an avid cat-lover) bought it or got it as a gift. It's similar to those Far Side joke/comic books which were also popular at the time. Single picture joke books that were mildly amusing & contained maybe 2 or 3 really funny ones. For some reason I can only remember one of the uses for dead cats. A pic of a lady wearing two dead cats as oven mitts (yes, her hands were up their bums).

Now remember, I'm an animal lover. I n
Anna
Jun 13, 2010 Anna rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2010
My friend got this for me as a joke and maybe I'm just too uptight and/or too in love with cats but I didn't really think this was that funny.
Anny
Mar 04, 2012 Anny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So many ideas for when my cat gets too annoying! :D
J
Nov 20, 2016 J rated it liked it
Though not nearly as amusing as the Andy Riley Bunny Suicides books, this still has it's moments.
Christine
Dec 09, 2013 Christine rated it liked it
Shelves: own-it
Is it bad that I had to look up what some of these items were because no one uses ______ anymore? Silly little book. After the first 10-15 pages, the shock value wears off. It causes a stir on the coffee table.
Anna
May 02, 2012 Anna rated it liked it
Shelves: bookcrossing, 2012
Some of the uses I kind of liked, but I much prefer the kitties around me alive.
I remember seeing a similar one for dead bunnies... and I guess for a cat lover but not-so-fond-of-human-offspring person might need a 101 uses for a dead baby instead. I think I'll honestly enjoy that one more.
Sara
Mar 28, 2007 Sara rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: yes
bought as a joke present. funny, silly, kitty book full of all the different ways you can use a dead cat such as...a golf club, a pencil sharpener (in a slightly disgusting way)...etc.

fun to look through
Kaethe
Jul 08, 2014 Kaethe rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor, cats, comics
Ah, you don't seem to run into nearly as many dead critter jokes as you used to. Well, there's The Book of Bunny Suicides. Let's hear it for sick humor!
Sandy
Mar 12, 2008 Sandy rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic
Oh, this is a sick book. But really funny. In a sick way. It was quite popular back in the high school days when it first came out. I got a copy many years later because it's such a treasure. A sick treasure though.
Susan
Sep 25, 2015 Susan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor
I feel so bad rating it this high but I can't help myself. This book is hilarious -- and I love cats! The cat used as a pencil sharpener just cracks me up! Yes, terrible, I know...
Seizure Romero
Nov 28, 2007 Seizure Romero rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, halcyon-days
Sick, wrong and hilarious. If the kitty pencil sharpener doesn't make you at least giggle, you are a humorless wanker. So there.
verbava
Mar 08, 2015 verbava rated it it was ok
можна було б подумати, що книжка з такою назвою буде дико весела.
на жаль.
способи використання мертвих котів тут здебільшого непрактичні (нереалістичні навіть) і несмішні.
Shawn
Nov 14, 2015 Shawn rated it liked it
Shelves: owned, gen-fic
A little twisted/funny. Not something that is really meant to be read in just a couple sittings, but more to be randomly opened when you need a laugh.
Karen
May 31, 2008 Karen rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: grand master warren
Shelves: humor
even die hard cat lovers will love this book. I did. I love my cats but this was hilarious--I would read it again if I could get my paws on it.
Deryl McKnight
Deryl McKnight rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2014
Mj
Mj rated it did not like it
Feb 13, 2009
Samantha
Samantha rated it it was ok
Jun 23, 2012
Bobby
Bobby rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2013
Tmmercury
Tmmercury rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2016
Linda Abhors the New GR Design
Linda Abhors the New GR Design rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2012
Makoi Nelson
Makoi Nelson rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2010
Hannah
Hannah rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2013
Deanna Hilton
Deanna Hilton rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2013
Richard
Richard rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2011
Jonas
Jonas rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2014
Nathan
Nathan rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2015
Philip
Philip rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2015
Danigerous
Danigerous rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2014
  • The Far Side Observer
  • Dogbert's Clues for the Clueless
  • Cat
  • Guide to Troubled Birds
  • One Last Little Peek, 1980-1995: The Final Strips, the Special Hits, the Inside Tips
  • Let's Face It, Charlie Brown! (Peanuts Coronet, #9)
  • The Mammoth Book of 20th Century Ghost Stories
  • What, Me Pregnant? (For Better or for Worse, #10)
  • The Lives and Times of Archy and Mehitabel