Start by marking “True Crime: Real Girls, Real-Life Stories” as Want to Read:
True Crime: Real Girls, Real-Life Stories

True Crime: Real Girls, Real-Life Stories

Aimed at ages 13-21 years, this illustrated book features true crime and life stories that will motivate readers to reflect on their own lives.
Published June 1st 2007 by Hearst

To ask other readers questions about True Crime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Crime

Mar 08, 2008 Laura rated it it was ok
Ok. Well. I think it's safe to say that my reading material has finally hit the nadir with this one. What possessed me to read it I do not know, but believe me when I tell you I was actually, honest-to-god, no- kidding, absolutely mortified to read this on the subway. Mortified. You know that thing people do when they have a paperback and they fold the cover back, so they can hold the book in one hand that way? I did that, but it wasn't so I could hold the book with one hand. It was to keep peop ...more
Lady♥Belleza★✰
This is collection of 'true crime' accounts. I put a crime in quotes because you could argue that not all of these are actually crimes. However they were short and interesting. I enjoyed it.
Virginia Cabrera
Nov 02, 2010 Virginia Cabrera rated it it was amazing
in this book it contains some stories of girl teen being victims,some teens that where preptractors.this include two sisters that robbed a bank,a girl commited sucided,a qirl that was poisined by her own mother,a girl that killed her own mother,two bestfriends that died from drugs and a girl that been missing since 2004 this book is awesome i couldnt put it down it was sad and some point how scary that teens go through this.this book is just not for teens it can be for adults too.!
Anna
seventeen is so trashy, i think i lost a couple brain cells reading this. the only reason i read it in the first place was because these kind of books are usually interesting but this was written like a crappy teen magazine story. yikes. not really what i expected to be honest but would not recommend.
the only good point was that they had a story about female-on-male rape and actually mentioned the double standard when it comes to female rape victims v male ones. good job seventeen.
Noelle Landis
Sep 27, 2012 Noelle Landis rated it did not like it
Shelves: ya-books
I read this to see if it would be a good high interest book for a school booktalk. It would be high interest, I'm sure...but yipes, it's graphic. Way too much possibly triggering material to suggest to a whole lot of random high schoolers.

It's graphic, but nothing worse than what you'd see on any crime show - just - nothing really worthwhile to offer besides getting a kid to read who might not otherwise (and I can find better books for that).
Jazz
Oct 03, 2013 Jazz rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best Non-Fiction books I have ever read!!! I loved the stories although i feel sorry for some of them. :( It shows you really what is happening and all the things that is going on when everyone thinks it is okay. I could barely put this book down and finally got done within one or two days.
Crazy For
Jan 04, 2010 Crazy For rated it really liked it
I have to say, once i first read the first page of this book, it was a MUST-READ! This book has many crimes that has happened in real life. It was one of the most shockinq crimes that I have ever read. I reccommend that if you love mysterys & crimes, then this book is for you. It's one of the most horrifyinq & eye-catching book I have ever READ!
Ratforce
Nov 12, 2012 Ratforce added it
Shelves: teen, true-crime
This collection of true crime tales focuses specifically on teenage girls and the crimes they have committed. The topic is often shocking and always true, the writing is interesting and quick to read, and the book includes several color photographs.
Sue
Feb 10, 2016 Sue rated it really liked it
Shelves: crimen
I liked it just fine: simple and straightforward. When condensing stories so much something has to be sacrificed; and I noticed it in the only story I recognized, from another source (televised).

Read it at work. It was a great cover page.
Cherry
Jun 22, 2014 Cherry rated it it was ok
The book was short - a very quick read which is nice sometimes.
I felt that some of the stories were not quite what I was expecting, I honestly expected more details or more intense stories but it was only slightly interesting.
Jessica. Klave. Klave
Jan 10, 2008 Jessica. Klave. Klave rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Teenagers
This book is about true teens real life crime stories. I liked this book because it had so much detail was never left with questions.
Ashley B.
Mar 13, 2009 Ashley B. rated it it was amazing
excellent book is all i can say
Vivisection
Jul 18, 2010 Vivisection rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I'm not saying this is the best writing in the world. C'mon it's Seventeen magazine. The stories and pictures, however, are lurid enough to make the most reluctant reader pay attention.
May
Sep 14, 2008 May rated it it was amazing
What happened to them to make them do what they did?
Traci
Jul 13, 2012 Traci added it
Shelves: non-fic
how do you rate something like this?
Joelene Verster
May 17, 2013 Joelene Verster rated it it was ok
Interesting read
Katherine
Apr 18, 2011 Katherine rated it liked it
Sad, Shocking
Lechyna.712
This book was very good and heart broke, it made me cry. But i think others should read it to see how crazy people are.
Savannah
Oct 21, 2013 Savannah rated it it was amazing
its was intents book I was freak out by it
Dena
Jun 02, 2008 Dena added it
abot crime
Yvette
May 25, 2011 Yvette rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed these stories they were quite interesting and kind of scary but very good and informative...
Samantha
Samantha rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2015
Laura rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2010
Joy
Joy rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2008
Mr. M
Mr. M rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2010
Grace P
Grace P rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2015
Savannah Peterson
Savannah Peterson rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2010
Kristy
Kristy rated it it was ok
Aug 08, 2011
Bekah Loker
Bekah Loker rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2012
Peter Griffen
Peter Griffen rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2014
  • Earth Then and Now: Amazing Images of Our Changing World
  • Hot Toddy: The True Story of Hollywood's Most Sensational Murder
  • Short Stories
  • Jewel Thieves #1: Catch Us If You Can
  • Murder in the Name of Honor: The True Story of One Woman's Heroic Fight Against an Unbelievable Crime
  • Murder Most Rare: The Female Serial Killer
  • The Killer Book of Cold Cases: Incredible Stories, Facts, and Trivia from the Most Baffling True Crime Cases of All Time
  • The History of Torture
  • Stuck in the 70's
  • The Woodchipper Murder
  • BORAT: Touristic Guidings to Minor Nation of U.S. and A. and Touristic Guidings to Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan
  • The 100 Best Love Poems of All Time
  • Stolen in the Night: The True Story of a Family's Murder, a Kidnapping and the Child Who Survived
  • Slave Girls