Start by marking “Seventeen: Real Girls, Real-Life Stories: True Crime (Seventeen Real-Life Stories)” as Want to Read:

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  19 reviews
From pranks gone wrong to sexual abuse and murder, these stories will motivate readers to reflect on their own lives. In one case, 14-year old twin girls rob a bank in a desperate bid to save the family home, while another tale tells of a mother who makes a horrifying decision for her pregnant daughter. These people share their personal trials and tragedies in the hopes th ...more
Published June 1st 2007 by Hearst

To ask other readers questions about Seventeen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seventeen

Ok. Well. I think it's safe to say that my reading material has finally hit the nadir with this one. What possessed me to read it I do not know, but believe me when I tell you I was actually, honest-to-god, no- kidding, absolutely mortified to read this on the subway. Mortified. You know that thing people do when they have a paperback and they fold the cover back, so they can hold the book in one hand that way? I did that, but it wasn't so I could hold the book with one hand. It was to keep peop ...more
♥Beleza★✰
This is collection of 'true crime' accounts. I put a crime in quotes because you could argue that not all of these are actually crimes. However they were short and interesting. I enjoyed it.
Cherry
The book was short - a very quick read which is nice sometimes.
I felt that some of the stories were not quite what I was expecting, I honestly expected more details or more intense stories but it was only slightly interesting.
Virginia Cabrera
in this book it contains some stories of girl teen being victims,some teens that where preptractors.this include two sisters that robbed a bank,a girl commited sucided,a qirl that was poisined by her own mother,a girl that killed her own mother,two bestfriends that died from drugs and a girl that been missing since 2004 this book is awesome i couldnt put it down it was sad and some point how scary that teens go through this.this book is just not for teens it can be for adults too.!
Noelle Landis
I read this to see if it would be a good high interest book for a school booktalk. It would be high interest, I'm sure...but yipes, it's graphic. Way too much possibly triggering material to suggest to a whole lot of random high schoolers.

It's graphic, but nothing worse than what you'd see on any crime show - just - nothing really worthwhile to offer besides getting a kid to read who might not otherwise (and I can find better books for that).
Crazy For
I have to say, once i first read the first page of this book, it was a MUST-READ! This book has many crimes that has happened in real life. It was one of the most shockinq crimes that I have ever read. I reccommend that if you love mysterys & crimes, then this book is for you. It's one of the most horrifyinq & eye-catching book I have ever READ!
Jazz
This is one of the best Non-Fiction books I have ever read!!! I loved the stories although i feel sorry for some of them. :( It shows you really what is happening and all the things that is going on when everyone thinks it is okay. I could barely put this book down and finally got done within one or two days.
Ratforce
Dec 09, 2013 Ratforce added it
Shelves: teen, true-crime
This collection of true crime tales focuses specifically on teenage girls and the crimes they have committed. The topic is often shocking and always true, the writing is interesting and quick to read, and the book includes several color photographs.
Vivisection
I'm not saying this is the best writing in the world. C'mon it's Seventeen magazine. The stories and pictures, however, are lurid enough to make the most reluctant reader pay attention.
Jessica. Klave. Klave
Jan 10, 2008 Jessica. Klave. Klave rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Teenagers
This book is about true teens real life crime stories. I liked this book because it had so much detail was never left with questions.
Lechyna.712
This book was very good and heart broke, it made me cry. But i think others should read it to see how crazy people are.
Yvette
I really enjoyed these stories they were quite interesting and kind of scary but very good and informative...
May
What happened to them to make them do what they did?
Savannah
its was intents book I was freak out by it
Tray
Jul 13, 2012 Tray added it
Shelves: non-fic
how do you rate something like this?
Ashley B.
excellent book is all i can say
Dena
Jun 02, 2008 Dena added it
abot crime
Katherine
Sad, Shocking
Joelene Verster
Interesting read
erin hutchinson
erin hutchinson marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Janae
Janae marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
tieysha
tieysha marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Sherry A Ackley
Sherry A Ackley marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Maggie Moritz
Maggie Moritz marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Nina
Nina marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Seventeen 500 Beauty Tips: Look Your Best for School, Weekend, Parties & More! Seventeen Real Girls, Real-Life Stories: True Love Traumarama!: Real Girls Share Their Most Embarrassing Moments Ever! Seventeen Mega Traumarama!: Real Girls and Guys Confess More of Their Most Mortifying Moments! The Seventeen Book of Fashion and Beauty