Start by marking “When God Created My Toes (Dandilion Rhymes)” as Want to Read:
When God Created My Toes (Dandilion Rhymes)

When God Created My Toes (Dandilion Rhymes)

4.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  18 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
When God created my toes, did he make them wiggle? Did he know I’d giggle?
Did he have to hold his nose, when God created my toes?

This charming picture book allows your child to imagine what it was like when God created them. From the top of their heads to the tips of their toes they will explore and understand God’s delight in creating them.

Through rhyming lines and vivid
Published August 19th 2008 by WaterBrook Press

To ask other readers questions about When God Created My Toes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When God Created My Toes

Sara
Apr 26, 2011 Sara rated it it was amazing
When God Created My Toes
by: Dandi Daley Mackall

When God Created My Toes is one of the cutest books I have read in a very long time. The book is made for children to read or for parents to read to their children. The cover on this book is too cute with feet hanging out with the clouds. It is a short story full of rhymes and cute wording. The book talks about reasons why God created certain parts of our bodies. The illustrations through out this book are amazing and silly at the same time. They a
Melissa Roach
Jul 10, 2011 Melissa Roach rated it it was amazing
"When God Created My Toes" by Dandi Daley Mackall; illustrated by David Hohn

Description:
"When God created my toes, did he make them wiggle? Did he know I’d giggle?Did he have to hold his nose, when God created my toes?"

Through rhyming lines and vivid illustrations children will gain co
logankstewart
Apr 26, 2011 logankstewart rated it really liked it
When God Created My Toes, by Dandi Daley Mackall, is a cute, rhyming children's picture book. It's beautifully illustrated with bright, vivid drawings by David Hohn. The plot is simple, written in short, catchy refrains, dealing with childhood musings by a young girl wondering if God had to hold his nose when He created her toes.

The book progresses up through her body, asking similar questions for when God made her knees, ears, etc. I thought the illustrations were stunning, and combining these
Melanie
Jul 14, 2011 Melanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids_books
This book was obviously written by someone who knows kids! My 18 month old loves this one, and has since my first reading to her (which included 3 straight readings in one sitting). When God Created My Toes, by Dandi Daley Mackall is a cute little book of rhymes about different body parts. Don't expect too much depth in this story, as a lot of it is sort of nonsensical. For example: "When God created my eyes, Could I see him too. Playing Peek-a-boo? Did we hide in cloudy skies when God created m ...more
Coranne
Jul 10, 2011 Coranne rated it really liked it
When God Created My Toes by Dandi Daley Mackall

Published by Waterbrook Press

Published 2008

This is a picture book for young readers. I would say the reading age for this would be preschool, or even a toddler. Most of the pages have one line and the font is large. The book is made well and the illustrations are beautifully done. The book goes through different body parts and tells a short two page rhyme about "When God Created" that body part. It is a very sweet story and the pictures are the stan
Mymcbooks
Aug 09, 2011 Mymcbooks rated it it was amazing
When God Created My Toes is a cute book about a girl wondering about what God was thinking when He made certain parts of her body touching on all the body parts and how they were lovingly made.

Written in poetry form by Dandi Daley Mackall, it starts with the toes and works its way up the body. The author captured the mischief and fun part of a child wanting to know so much.

I love when an illustrator can bring life-like illustration to a story. I recommend this book because it’s full of fun. And
Deon
Nov 21, 2015 Deon rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2011
When God Created My Toes is a nice rhyming book going through "me" and wondering what God thought about each part.
I did not think this was a good representation of how God might have felt. It was more necessary for the book to rhyme rather than give thoughts about "me" being important to God.
The pictures are nicely done, but the story was a bit disappointing.
This book was a given by Water Brook Multnomah as part of their Blogging for Books program.
Margaret
Oct 26, 2011 Margaret rated it really liked it
Recommended to Margaret by: Staci Carmichael
This is one of AppleBlossom's favorite books right now. She loves the silly antics of the girl and is so vocal about what is going on.
Emily
Mar 12, 2013 Emily rated it it was amazing
Fun book with a great message that my kiddos love. I like the illustrations, too.
Sharon Williams
Sep 10, 2011 Sharon Williams rated it it was amazing
Roxy
Roxy marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Philipandchristina Nelson
Philipandchristina Nelson rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2013
Daniel Peterson
Daniel Peterson rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2013
Kt
Kt marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2013
Chastity Slabach
Chastity Slabach rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2013
Melinda
Melinda rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2013
Jenna Morrison
Jenna Morrison rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2012
Red
Red added it
Jul 03, 2012
Waterbrook Multnomah
Waterbrook Multnomah rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2011
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2011
Clockstein Lockstein
Clockstein Lockstein rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2009
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2008
A professional writer for over 20 years, Dandi Daley Mackall has written dozens of articles for popular magazines and published around 400 books for children and adults alike, with sales of over 4 million.
A frequent guest on radio and television talk shows, she lives in rural Ohio with her husband, three children, horses, dogs, & cats.
More about Dandi Daley Mackall...