Start by marking “Maya Lin: Systematic Landscapes” as Want to Read:
Maya Lin: Systematic Landscapes

Maya Lin: Systematic Landscapes

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  4 reviews
“Utilizing the way in which scientists and computers see our world, drawing on images based on sonar views of the ocean floor, to aerial and satellite views of the land, I have started to create artworks that translate that technological view into sculptural forms.” (Maya Lin)
One of the most celebrated artists working in the United States, Maya Lin (b. 1959) came to promin
Published November 6th 2006 by Yale University Press

To ask other readers questions about Maya Lin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maya Lin

Andy Shuping
Maya Lin has always been one of my favorite artists, just the way that she views the world and translates it into her artwork. So I was extremely excited to see this latest book on her current interests, translating landscapes based upon sonar and aerial images into sculptural forms. And I continue to be amazed by her work. She's able to work in so many different mediums from wood to stone to line art, to capture the world around her and let us see it in a way that we've never thought of before. ...more
C.S.
Maya Lin's work never fails to disappoint. She's remained one of the true, consistent visionaries of her generation. This catalogue is worth it for the magnificent "2 x 4 (Landscape)" alone (partially visible on the cover).
Cindy Herdt
Just wanted to see some of Maya's other works. I love the library project. Also, watched her movie - A Stong Clear Vision. She is currently doing a 5 piece project on the Columbia River in Washington State.
Karina
Another artist I love and want to research more. Her ideas are simple, her forms are stellar and thought provoking.
T
T marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Matthew
Matthew marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Maralynn Cherry
Maralynn Cherry marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Jasmin Kocaer
Jasmin Kocaer marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2013
Erik Schmitt
Erik Schmitt marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2013
Aby Jain
Aby Jain marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2013
Pearse
Pearse marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2013
C
C marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2012
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2012
Cherie
Cherie marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2012
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
May 09, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
The Tomb of God: The Body of Jesus & the Solution to a 2000-year-old Mystery Blood on the Mountain Writing a Musical The London Theatre Guide Der Spion des Lawrence von Arabien : auf geheimer Mission für einen jüdischen Staat