Start by marking “To Have and To Kill” as Want to Read:
To Have and To Kill

To Have and To Kill

Published December 2nd 2008 by St. Martin's True Crime

To ask other readers questions about To Have and To Kill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Have and To Kill

Stephanie
true crime...the suitcase murder...this is one cold bitch...I am guessing the stepfather was the accomplice...weird ghat I looked her up and can't quite see the amazingly gorgeous woman the author described..sigh eye of the beholder snx all that
Julie
Mar 20, 2010 Julie rated it really liked it
I do not think that the entire story hasn't come out yet. There was no way that Melanie was physically able to carried it out by herself.
Lisa Edgett thomas
Jul 23, 2015 Lisa Edgett thomas rated it really liked it
This was a childhood friend (Bill). Very sad as he was a good person and he nor his family deserved to go through this!
Brandon
Aug 25, 2015 Brandon rated it liked it
What an evil person this Jersey girl is. An enthralling true crime read.
RNOCEAN
Oct 10, 2012 RNOCEAN rated it really liked it
"One by one, three waterlogged suitcases were pulled from the Chesapeake Bay. In each were body parts of a man. In a forensics room, the truth was discovered: William McGuire had been horribly murdered and dismembered.

William and his loving wife, a registered nurse named Melanie, had just closed on their New Jersey dream home. Little did William know about the nightmare that was in store… For Melanie had been involved in a long-term affair with a married doctor at the fertility clinic where she
Judi
Jan 27, 2013 Judi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tari
Aug 16, 2016 Tari rated it really liked it
This was well written and all sides of this case were well represented. Such a sad, sad event. It amazes me how human beings can be so cruel to one another. This is one person who deserves to remain bars for life.
Dianebigos
May 21, 2015 Dianebigos rated it liked it
I started reading this book because Melanie McGuire was a local. It was a interesting book and I found out things about this case that was not made public before and during the trial.
Roger
Jan 02, 2015 Roger rated it really liked it
Captivating true crime. Evil woman no soul.
♥ Marlene♥
Jade Elzien
Nov 10, 2009 Jade Elzien rated it it was ok
I can't fathom when people believe they have committed the perfect crime. I was so relieved that the jury found her guilty with only circumstantial evidence. I definitely believe that her step-father was her partner in crime: he was a creep from the beginning.
Lisa O'Brien
This was a quick, easy read, with a lot of information about the McGuire case.
Donna Hunt
Sep 19, 2012 Donna Hunt rated it liked it
Horrible crime done to a man (whether a bad guy or not). With reading the story and looking at the pictures I'm convinced the police were correct in their thinking of the wife killing her husband.
Kristen Doherty
Oct 10, 2009 Kristen Doherty rated it really liked it
This was a good book..I still have many doubts that Melanie McGuire did this crime alone. I think someone helped her with carrying the body and dismembering it.
Jane Morris
Oct 28, 2012 Jane Morris rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book
Couldn''t put down. E-book (amazon Kindle) had no pictures. I would have liked to see pictures. Will google and find out more. I think she would have needed accomplice.
Joan Lloyd
Jul 04, 2013 Joan Lloyd rated it it was amazing
Wedding Cake mysteries, vol one. Fun, light with a satisfying ending to the murder mystery. Actually I read vol 2 first - didn't spoil a thing.
Jeannie
Sep 29, 2011 Jeannie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own
Loved this book, riveting and never boring, it held my attention all the way through to the end.
Amy
Jan 12, 2011 Amy rated it liked it
Nurse Melanie McGuire was one twisted psychotic bitch. She deserves to be where she ended up: prison.
Carolyn
Carolyn marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2016
Kimberly Grafmeyer
Kimberly Grafmeyer rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2016
Angie
Angie rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2016
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Jennifer Lynn
Jennifer Lynn rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Kristine DeCato
Kristine DeCato rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2016
Cj
Cj marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
Natasha
Natasha marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Heather Scheels-sanborn
Heather Scheels-sanborn marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2016
Tara Hogan
Tara Hogan rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2016
Dr. Miller as accomplice 1 2 Dec 10, 2013 10:14AM
  • Open Secrets
  • Wasted
  • Death Trap
  • The Dating Game Killer: The True Story of a TV Dating Show, a Violent Sociopath, and a Series of Brutal Murders
  • Dead Reckoning
  • Hush Little Babies: the true story of a mother who murdered her own children
  • The Pastor's Wife
  • The 4 O'Clock Murders: The True Story of a Mormon Family's Vengeance
  • Almost Paradise: The East Hampton Murder of Ted Ammon
  • Buried Memories
  • Deadly Little Secrets: The Minister, His Mistress, and a Heartless Texas Murder
  • Cruel Deception
  • Lethal Intent
  • Dismembered
  • The Sleep of Reason: James Bulger Case
  • A Love To Die For
  • Bloodsworth: The True Story of the First Death Row Inmate Exonerated by DNA
English-born John Glatt is the author of Lost and Found, Secrets in the Cellar, Playing with Fire, and many other bestselling books of true crime. He has more than 30 years of experience as an investigative journalist in England and America. Glatt left school at 16 and worked a variety of jobs—including tea boy and messenger—before joining a small weekly newspaper. He freelanced at several English ...more
More about John Glatt...