Start by marking “The Sonoma Diet: Slimmer, Trimmer and Healthier in Just 10 Days” as Want to Read:
The Sonoma Diet: Slimmer, Trimmer and Healthier in Just 10 Days

The Sonoma Diet: Slimmer, Trimmer and Healthier in Just 10 Days

3.57  ·  Rating Details  ·  209 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
The Sonoma Valley, located in sun-drenched California, is famous for distinctive wines, fresh foods & healthy living. The Sonoma diet combines all this & is a scientifically proven weight loss diet which celebrates food. This book talks about the top ten powerfoods & helps you follow the 'three wave' programme.
Published January 4th 2007 by Penguin Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Sonoma Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sonoma Diet

Jan
Dec 12, 2009 Jan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to the audiobook version of this book. Mainly I was interested in why this was called the Sonoma diet since this is the area I live in. It explains a simple program for achieving a healthy weight and lifestyle by eating certain foods grown and available in the Mediteranian and Northern California "wine country" regions. It explained how and why to include certains foods into our diets for health and the importance of eliminating others. It also includes techniques for eliminating crav ...more
Curtis
The Sonoma Diet is intriguing because much of the food it encourages is food I already eat on a regular bases. Yet, I have the sneaking suspicion that it's nowhere near as easy as it sounds. I don't doubt that it works, but who wants to give up sugar, wine and cheese for ten days? I will however, incorporate some of these practices and recipes into my daily routine. This book (we have the hardcover & audio version) covers all the bases, provides helpful nutritional insight and motivates me t ...more
Ruth
May 29, 2009 Ruth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK, folks, I've lost nearly 30 lbs following the Sonoma Diet. It's a sensible diet that works well with my fondness for natural foods, herbs, and wine. You even get to have real cheese in many of the recipes. The recipes might be difficult to make if you don't have access to a decent health food store, as many recipes call for things like spelt, quinoa, and other grains the Firefox spell check doesn't recognize as words. I've now cooked nearly all of the recipes in the book, and enjoyed just abo ...more
Mar 17, 2016 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, 2015
I mean...it's a diet book. A good chunk of it is recipes. I read this one years ago (like...junior year of high school) and mostly read through it again as a refresher before jumping back into a healthy eating lifestyle.

There's a whoooooole lot of repetition, a fair amount of science-y jargon regarding the benefits of various foods, etc. As someone who's already fairly familiar with how the diet works, I could've skipped the actual content and just looked at the portions and food lists and been
Linnea
May 30, 2008 Linnea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Heath concious people, cooks
Recommended to Linnea by: myself
Leti
May 28, 2008 Leti rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was in the library and happened to see this book. I checked it out and read it in about 10 minutes.

Really, you can get the gist of the whole fad by looking at the quick reference flap inside the book. No need to read the rest of the book.

The key is dieting is exercise and eating less. There is no magic to it.
Heather
Jan 02, 2012 Heather rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
looks like a good diet book, something I'm looking into transitioning into, a more Mediterranean diet, this diet book has what look to be good recipes and helpful tips. I'm not sure if I could stick with the highly regimented actual diet, but I'm interested in the ideas behind changing my lifestyle of eating.
Tiffany
Feb 14, 2013 Tiffany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Easy to read and interesting; the author did a good job since a diet is not the most thrilling subject matter. There are nice lists of food that one could copy for easy reference. I am changing what I eat after reading this book.
Carissa Weibley
Jun 28, 2007 Carissa Weibley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the recipes are great! I don't believe in diets at all. this one is more of a lifestyle change...advocating fresh fruit and veggies, lean cuts of meat. not really a restrictive calorie diet at all. you won't be hungry!
Carmen
Mar 24, 2008 Carmen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: dieters
I have learned a lot about healthy choices and high nutritious foods from the Sonoma Diet, while enjoying very tasty Mediterranean-style meals. So far, I have lost 14 lbs. and look forward to losing more!
Judy
Jan 12, 2009 Judy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was written fairly well, though it did repeat itself often. It stated that it doesn't restrict your eating, however, it eliminates sugar and white flour. Would be hard to follow this diet.
Suesaroo
I struggled through the first 2 weeks and did lose 5 lbs. Not bad - add exercise to this mix and voila!

My Mom used this book to come up with ideas for cooking for my Dad who is a diabetic.
Coleen
Jun 06, 2009 Coleen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent recipes, even if you don't want to stay on the diet. My husband, however, stuck to it faithfully and added exercise. He lost 45 pounds.
Julie Faulise
Aug 11, 2009 Julie Faulise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Teaches about how to adapt a new lifestyle of eating - using smaller plate size, eating only whole grains - no refined foods, etc. Very inspiring!
Christine
The meal plans and recipes look good. They look like they would lend themselves to a successful outcome (I hope!). Wish me luck!
Katherine
Feb 26, 2012 Katherine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the recipes and menus in this book. I use this book as a cookbook rather than a lose-weight-diet book.
Kirsten
May 30, 2009 Kirsten rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone in need of a healthy weight loss diet
Recommended to Kirsten by: Book Browsing
Good advise, healthy food list, excellent recipes, diet does seem manageable - Good Luck!!
Loree
Oct 25, 2009 Loree rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Book Barn Find! I've worked my way through several delicious recipes. Worth a try!
Erin
Dec 21, 2013 Erin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This had quite a few recipes I would like to try.
Jamie Carie
Aug 26, 2012 Jamie Carie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loving this so far. Learning tons and getting healthy recipes!
Rebecca
Oct 29, 2008 Rebecca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not just an interesting diet book, but an interesting book.
Jonathan
One of the few diets that actually makes scientific sense.
Kevin
Mar 19, 2009 Kevin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health
Generalized, basically healthy fats and veggies.
TJ
Oct 07, 2010 TJ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good recipes
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Laura rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2016
Gertjan Jong
Gertjan Jong rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The South Beach Diet Cookbook: More than 200 Delicious Recipes That Fit the Nation's Top Diet
  • 500 Low-Carb Recipes: 500 Recipes, from Snacks to Dessert, That the Whole Family Will Love
  • The Biggest Loser Calorie Counter
  • Fish: The Complete Guide to Buying and Cooking
  • Cook Right 4 Your Type: The Practical Kitchen Companion to Eat Right 4 Your Type
  • Atkins for Life: The Complete Controlled Carb Program for Permanent Weight Loss and Good Health
  • The Best Life Diet
  • George Stella's Livin' Low Carb: Family Recipes Stella Style
  • The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook: 200 Simple and Delicious Low-Carb Recipes in 30 Minutes or Less
  • The Mediterranean Diet
  • Slimmer: The New Mediterranean Way to Lose Weight
  • Classic 30-Minute Meals: The All-Occasion Cookbook
  • Notes on Cooking: A Short Guide to an Essential Craft
  • Thin Within
  • The Mediterranean Prescription: Meal Plans and Recipes to Help You Stay Slim and Healthy for the Rest of Your Life
  • Now Eat This!: 150 of America's Favorite Comfort Foods, All Under 350 Calories
  • The New Farm Vegetarian Cookbook