Start by marking “Keep Me Close” as Want to Read:
Keep Me Close

Keep Me Close

When Catherine Galitza is attacked and badly injured, two very different men are keen to uncover the truth of the assault, and although they appear to be motivated by love and admiration, at heart they may well have other interests. From the author of BETRAYAL, A DARK DEVOTION and REQUIEM.
Published June 9th 2000 by Not Avail (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Keep Me Close, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keep Me Close

Sneh Pradhan
Jun 07, 2013 Sneh Pradhan rated it did not like it
Started off on a promising premise , but the balloon 's just pricked after about 100 pages .............the rest 356 pages , u find were an albatross around ur neck , when u encounter the plainly disappointing end . Languorous, run-of-the-mill and unjustified descriptions , and finally a plot that could probably only shock an 8yr old , this book was a total waste of time .
Trish Tye
I've read Clare Francis before and thought they were quite good. Picked this one up second hand when I needed more holiday reading and it's a real disappointment. Kept waiting for it to get exciting and it never did! Slow and didn't really care about any of the characters!
Joy
Jul 10, 2014 Joy rated it it was ok
Slow moving. Kept waiting for the plot to play out and questions to be resolved. But really frustratingly slow. Not recommended.
Lucy
Feb 19, 2017 Lucy rated it it was amazing
Brilliant. Unputdownable.
Sridhar Babu
Dec 16, 2015 Sridhar Babu rated it it was ok
AUTHOR...

Clare Francis..

CHARACTERS..
Catherine Galitza, Ben Galitza, Terry Devlin, Simon Jardine, Maeve, Emma Elizabeth, Fergal, Alice and Duncun .

LOCATION..

London (England) and Morne (Ire Land)

GENRE..
Suspense..

PLOT.

Catherine had been by injured by an intruder at home. Months earlier she has been receiving string of nuisance calls from a number unlisted. Police department starts investigating but finds nothing in particular, because of Catherine's inability to define the profile of her attac
Francesca
Jul 29, 2014 Francesca rated it it was ok
Well it started off very well, I was intrigued by the story and the different narrative perspectives were interesting. I liked the characters, for all their faults and looked forward to figuring out their connections.

But then it seemed to descend into utter nonsense. I'm not sure if I missed a huge section of the book or if the author took a huge leap forward and forgot to tell us. Suddenly characters who've narrated and shared intimate thoughts with us, were in on it all along and have alter-eg
Bev Taylor
May 18, 2014 Bev Taylor rated it really liked it
catherine s brutally injured by an intruder in her home.

as she recovers the plot unfolds - but the characters r never as they seem, both women and men

a suspect is arrested andcharged but catherine's watcher is still with her. how will it ed?

keeeps u guess int until the end but i was not completely caught up in it. perhaps i could not really relate to the characters?

anyway - giveit a try!

bev
Jae
Nov 26, 2013 Jae rated it really liked it
I have found a new fav author - my mum passed the book onto me and enjoyed it but sadly it sat on my bookshelf for years until a bad back put me on quiet duties for awhile.
Haven't finished it yet but find it very well written and flows along without me having to question the author's intentions. I'm still guessing the end result but would love to pin it on the revolting hubby. Will have to source more Clare Francis books - trip to the library I think
Kate Millin
Feb 07, 2010 Kate Millin rated it it was amazing
Catherine Galitza had been badly injured by an intruder in her own home. In the months before, there had been a string of nuisance calls, Are the events connected? Has someone been stalking her?

This is a very gripping story with quite a few twists and turns - excellently written
Spitz
Oct 09, 2011 Spitz rated it it was ok
A disappointing book. All the characters put in place to make a psychological thriller, but the author omitted the depiction of the characters. None of them are fleshed out in any detail, which is especially egregious for the ostensible heroine and her horrible husband.
Marie
May 14, 2009 Marie rated it liked it
As Catherine Galitza struggles to deal with her injuries following an attack, two very different men are anxious to discover what happened. Terry Devlin and Simon Jardine appear to have admirable motives, but could they have hidden agendas?
Gail Reeve
Oct 08, 2014 Gail Reeve rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this novel, well written, kept me guessing right up until the end. Have read other books by this author, enjoyed them all.
A good story plot with a lot of twists which I enjoy in a book, one or two characters were odd but overall a good read
Rachel
Jul 30, 2011 Rachel rated it it was ok
My first by this author. Very obvious who did it! I'd like to try another of hers though.
Pamela Stadnyk
the twist and turns of the characters kept me guessing who was who and what was what
well kept secret till the end
a good read
Justyna
Nov 16, 2014 Justyna rated it did not like it
Could not follow because I could not get into the story or the characters. Very blah.
Sascha
Mar 06, 2012 Sascha rated it liked it
Shelves: female-authors
[This was my second time reading it.]
Caroline
Bit slow moving.

Linda
Jan 06, 2014 Linda rated it it was ok
decent but predictable
Malla
Jun 25, 2011 Malla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good, crisp writing, excellent pace. An intriguing read.
Clare
Feb 06, 2009 Clare rated it liked it
A good solid novel with twists and turns, but a fairly unsurprising final twist. I read this while off work with a bad back and it kept me occupied so it did its job.
Liz
May 18, 2010 Liz rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adventure, thriller
One of the most awesome and suspenseful books i have ever read. This lady is amazing. I hear she also sailed around the world solo, or close to it
Soeziegoezie
Aug 08, 2013 Soeziegoezie rated it it was ok
In between Kindles I read this book. It wasn't extremely good, it wasn't bad, it was tensive enough to hang on till the end, to find out who did it...
Lester
Feb 05, 2015 Lester rated it liked it
A 'good read'.
Karen
It turned out to be a mystery to find any suspense in this book as the synopsis and cover led me to believe. Best thing about it was the cover.
Mellie
Apr 21, 2012 Mellie rated it it was ok
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Alan James
Alan James rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2015
Undreya
Undreya rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2012
Anne Dix
Anne Dix rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2015
Bridget
Bridget rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2012
Philip Edmonson
Philip Edmonson rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Plots and Errors (Lloyd & Hill, #10)
  • Shadowlands
  • Hand in Glove
  • Perfectly Pure and Good (Sarah Fortune, #2)
  • The Alchemist
  • Memoirs Of An Unfit Mother
  • The Pinocchio Syndrome
  • Cold Blood (Lorraine Page, #2)
  • The Amethysts
  • The Third Person
  • The Omega Scroll
  • Ghostlands (Magic Time #3)
  • Flint
  • The Reunion
  • Undone
  • Angels Passing (DI Joe Faraday, #3)
  • The Tunnel Rats
  • The Beautiful Visit
Clare Francis's first novel; Night Sky was published in 1983 to international success. It went to number one in the Sunday Times bestseller list, and spent six weeks in the New York Times top 10.

Three more thrillers followed, Red Crystal (1985), Wolf Winter (1987) and Requiem (1991), which was published in the U.S. as The Killing Winds. Her first crime novel, Deceit was published in 1993, and dram
More about Clare Francis...