Keep Me Close

Keep Me Close

3.08 of 5 stars 3.08  ·  rating details  ·  120 ratings  ·  20 reviews
When Catherine Galitza is attacked and badly injured, two very different men are keen to uncover the truth of the assault, and although they appear to be motivated by love and admiration, at heart they may well have other interests. From the author of BETRAYAL, A DARK DEVOTION and REQUIEM.
Published June 9th 2000 by Not Avail (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Keep Me Close, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keep Me Close

Francesca
Well it started off very well, I was intrigued by the story and the different narrative perspectives were interesting. I liked the characters, for all their faults and looked forward to figuring out their connections.

But then it seemed to descend into utter nonsense. I'm not sure if I missed a huge section of the book or if the author took a huge leap forward and forgot to tell us. Suddenly characters who've narrated and shared intimate thoughts with us, were in on it all along and have alter-eg...more
Sneh Pradhan
Started off on a promising premise , but the balloon 's just pricked after about 100 pages .............the rest 356 pages , u find were an albatross around ur neck , when u encounter the plainly disappointing end . Languorous, run-of-the-mill and unjustified descriptions , and finally a plot that could probably only shock an 8yr old , this book was a total waste of time .
Bev Taylor
catherine s brutally injured by an intruder in her home.

as she recovers the plot unfolds - but the characters r never as they seem, both women and men

a suspect is arrested andcharged but catherine's watcher is still with her. how will it ed?

keeeps u guess int until the end but i was not completely caught up in it. perhaps i could not really relate to the characters?

anyway - giveit a try!

bev
Joy
Slow moving. Kept waiting for the plot to play out and questions to be resolved. But really frustratingly slow. Not recommended.
Karen
It turned out to be a mystery to find any suspense in this book as the synopsis and cover led me to believe. Best thing about it was the cover.
Jae
I have found a new fav author - my mum passed the book onto me and enjoyed it but sadly it sat on my bookshelf for years until a bad back put me on quiet duties for awhile.
Haven't finished it yet but find it very well written and flows along without me having to question the author's intentions. I'm still guessing the end result but would love to pin it on the revolting hubby. Will have to source more Clare Francis books - trip to the library I think
Kate Millin
Catherine Galitza had been badly injured by an intruder in her own home. In the months before, there had been a string of nuisance calls, Are the events connected? Has someone been stalking her?

This is a very gripping story with quite a few twists and turns - excellently written
Sanna
A disappointing book. All the characters put in place to make a psychological thriller, but the author omitted the depiction of the characters. None of them are fleshed out in any detail, which is especially egregious for the ostensible heroine and her horrible husband.
Trish Tye
I've read Clare Francis before and thought they were quite good. Picked this one up second hand when I needed more holiday reading and it's a real disappointment. Kept waiting for it to get exciting and it never did! Slow and didn't really care about any of the characters!
Marie
As Catherine Galitza struggles to deal with her injuries following an attack, two very different men are anxious to discover what happened. Terry Devlin and Simon Jardine appear to have admirable motives, but could they have hidden agendas?
Linda
decent but predictable
Clare
A good solid novel with twists and turns, but a fairly unsurprising final twist. I read this while off work with a bad back and it kept me occupied so it did its job.
Soeziegoezie
In between Kindles I read this book. It wasn't extremely good, it wasn't bad, it was tensive enough to hang on till the end, to find out who did it...
Mellie
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Liz
One of the most awesome and suspenseful books i have ever read. This lady is amazing. I hear she also sailed around the world solo, or close to it
Rachel
My first by this author. Very obvious who did it! I'd like to try another of hers though.
Malla
Good, crisp writing, excellent pace. An intriguing read.
Caroline
Bit slow moving.

2 stars - Just OK
Celia
Not one of her best but a good read.
Alexxandra
[This was my second time reading it.]
Elss Library
Elss Library marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Ben
Ben added it
Aug 15, 2014
Sandi
Sandi marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014