Start by marking “State of Wilderness” as Want to Read:
State of Wilderness

State of Wilderness

2.73 of 5 stars 2.73  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  4 reviews
In the first book of the Junior Geography Squad series, the squad works its way through the first of the fifty states. Questions given in the form of a hand-held electronic game lead the kids to the identification of the state. Illustrations by Aidana WillowRaven highlight Elysabeth Elderings clues.
Published June 27th 2008 by 4rv Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about State of Wilderness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about State of Wilderness

Donna McDine
State of Wilderness is the first installment of the 50 States Mystery Trivia Series, Junior Geography Detective Squad. Ingeniously, weaved together, three young children; Matt, Guy, and Mary Beth, are drawn to a hand-held computer game; and the ying and yang of competition ensues as to who will uncover the identity of the state first.

“Want to make a bet?” Matt looked over at his friend. “A bet? Sure, let’s write down our answers when we think we know the state, and the one who knows it sooner g...more
Lana Voynich
This book is entertaining and fast-paced. As a children's author, Elysabeth Eldering has a great understanding of what kids will read and enjoy. I recommend everyone with kids learning about the United States geography gives it a try.

The only reason I don't rank it higher, is because I don't have kids and I'm not really interested in geography. :)
Debbie Todd
Sep 05, 2008 Debbie Todd rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No one
It wasn't well-written. While some children make like it, most will find it not worth the money to purchase it. I'd advise you to see if some library will get it if you want to read it. Otherwise, you'll be disappointed.
Melissa
A good resource book (hey homeschoolers!) -- a clever way (it's a trivia "game" but also a story) to discover facts about a particular (won't give it away) state.
Muttix Onlymuttix
Muttix Onlymuttix marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2012
Daria
Daria marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2012
Leila
Leila marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2011
Angela Alcorn
Angela Alcorn marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2011
Crystalee
Crystalee marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2009
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2009
Website for the JGDS series: http://jgdsseries.weebly.com
Blog for Elysabeth: http://elysabethsstories.blogspot.com
Blog for the JGDS series: http://jgdsseries.blogspot.com

Elysabeth lives in upper state South Carolina and is the author of the Junior Geography Detective Squad (JGDS), 50-state mystery trivia series. She enjoys reading, writing, cross stitching, and crocheting.

Ms. Eldering is the autho...more
More about Elysabeth Eldering...
Finally Home Bride-and-Seek State of Quarries The Proposal State of Successes