Start by marking “Romancing Mister Bridgerton: The Epilogue II (Bridgertons, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Romancing Mister Bridgerton: The Epilogue II (Bridgertons, #4.5)

Romancing Mister Bridgerton: The Epilogue II (Bridgertons #9.4)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  2,852 ratings  ·  84 reviews
We can't really say more without giving away a big, fat spoiler, but it turns out that Colin is a bit of a meddler, Hyacinth is more of a meddler, and the only time all of the Bridgertons stop talking at once is when Penelope has something really embarrassing to say. Hey, we never said it was easy to marry a Bridgerton, just that it was fun.
Published May 2007 by Harper Collins

To ask other readers questions about Romancing Mister Bridgerton, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Romancing Mister Bridgerton

The Duke and I by Julia QuinnRomancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia QuinnThe Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia QuinnAn Offer From a Gentleman by Julia QuinnIt's in His Kiss by Julia Quinn
Best Avon Historical Romance
23rd out of 58 books — 64 voters
The Home Court Advantage by N.M.  SilberThe Law of Attraction by N.M.  SilberWallbanger by Alice ClaytonConfessions of an Alli Cat by Courtney ColeSeduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec
Romances that make you laugh out loud
95th out of 351 books — 148 voters

More lists with this book...

Exina
Chronologically, the story takes place after the Bridgerton Brothers’ search for Eloise as she had run away in ’To Sir Phillip, With Love’. Colin and Penelope are newlyweds, and aside from some sweet thoughts for each other, it is not really a second epilogue to their story, ’Romancing Mister Bridgerton’, but also an additional episode to Eloise’s book, ’To Sir Phillip, With Love’.

Colin and Penelope travel to Romney Hall for Eloise and Phillip’s wedding, where Penelope finally reveals her long-c...more
Erika
“Eloise,” Penelope said, somewhat breathless from trying to shake off Hyacinth.
“Penelope.” But Eloise’s voice sounded curious. Which did not surprise Penelope; Eloise was no fool, and she was well aware that her brother’s normal modes of behavior did not include beatific smiles in her direction.
“Eloise,” Hyacinth said, for no reason Penelope could deduce.
“Hyacinth.”
Penelope turned to her husband. “Colin.”
He looked amused. “Penelope. Hyacinth.”
Hyacinth grinned. “Colin.” And then: “Sir Phillip.”
“L
Astri  Nasthasia Videlia
Baru mulai... Yak!! Mulai!!!! ^^

And yeaah... I'm finished it...

yg gw suka adalah adegan saat....

“Eloise,” Penelope said, somewhat breathless from trying to shake off Hyacinth.
“Penelope.” But Eloise’s voice sounded curious
“Eloise,” Hyacinth said, for no reason Penelope could deduce.
“Hyacinth.”
Penelope turned to her husband. “Colin.”
He looked amused. “Penelope. Hyacinth.”
Hyacinth grinned. “Colin.” And then: “Sir Phillip.”
“Ladies.” Sir Phillip, it seemed, favored brevity.
“Stop!” Eloise burst out....more
Carla *Jen7waters*
Sep 10, 2011 Carla *Jen7waters* rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Carla *Jen7waters* by: Elise
"I thought you wanted food!"
"I do, but I want you more."

Melissa
This was a nice little book. The strength of the novella comes because of my love for the two main characters, Colin and Penelope. I loved them in Romancing Mister Bridgerton, so I was not sad to continue reading about this in this extended epilogue. My only quibble is that I was never really all that interested in the intrigue surrounding the identity of Lady Whistledown. It took up a lot of the main Romancing Mister Bridgerton book, and in this little epilogue the conflict involves revealing P...more
'maniell Dulay
Well, the story wasn't really life-altering or just stupendous in any way, but I found it okay to read. I wasn't really bothered that Eloise didn't get to know Lady Whistledown was Penelope right away. Didn't cross my mind, actually. For me, the excitement wore off during the big revelation, because I cannot imagine any more continuation to the brilliance and romance of it all. But nevertheless, all is well. ;)
Riri

Who is Mr. Colin Bridgerton? Well, he is just another Bridgerton guy who,by the way, is deliciously charming! The day I finished reading Romancing Mr. Bridgerton was a day of ambivalence!True. and my reasons for the two opposite feelings were::
1. Happiness because of the happy ending of a wallflower-rake tandem.
2. Sadness due to the thought of No Lady whistledown anymore.

But thanks to JQ's 2nd epilogue, I was glad it wasn't the last time that I get to see them even if they only exist in my mind...more
steph
This quick read just reminded me why Hyacinth is probably my favorite of the eight siblings and why Penelope is my favorite of the in-laws. And why Violet is the best mother in law ("she mentioned something about grandchildren, we best get on that.."). And yes, I agree with everyone who said this scene needed to happen in the novels and I'm so glad it ended up here.
Madhawee Fernando
I confess that I found it mildly embarassing that I found Julia Quinn's romances so addictive. But then I realized that even though I had buried prince charming a long time ago, I haven't really got over him yet. Needless to say prince charming is very much alive in Quinn's novels though he always turns out to be a reformed rake who takes milk but no sugar in his tea :D :D
Huma Rashid

(Although, seriously, I wanted to wring Hyacinth's neck. Stupid twit couldn't let Penelope tell her?! It was Penelope's right to divulge the secret, even if it was public knowledge at that point. What mattered was that Eloise didn't know and Hyacinth is a twit.)
Michelle
While a fine, if very short, amusement, this story was way more about Eloise than Colin and Penelope. I was really hoping for more of their story, but this is not it, and I am left wanting for my favorite brother. Disappointed.
Quinn
Dec 29, 2011 Quinn marked it as to-read
Are you kidding me? $6.10? The same price as the full book for the 20-30 page 2nd epilogue? What a disgrace.
Asrina Maharani
ah, how I wish this more about Colin instead of Eloise.
to Colin, "We love you, fool ravenous brother!"
Katherine
So fun to revisit Colin and Penelope. My two favorites of the series.
Cindy
OMG Colin dan Penelope :* . I love it :), simple and witty. Gak terlalu daydream hero dan heroin :), touchable banget pernikahan mereka.

Ambil plot seminggu setelah pernikahan mereka, dan saat kaburnya Eloise -Menuju pernikahanya dengan Sir Philip-, Penelope dan Colin mencoba menjalani kehidupan pernikahan mereka setelah kedok Penelope sebagai Lady Wihstledown terungkap. Sweet banget Colin ini, lucu banget dan jangkau-able, gak segentelman dream hero lain sih, tapi itulah khas JQ hehhehe...

Kere...more
June
Thoroughly enjoyed Colin and Penelope's story. This is the second time I have read this book and I am working on re reading the series. I didn't remember some of the scenes in this book and I felt like I was reading it for the first time in some ways.

Penelope has her secrets and Colin has his secrets, as well as Eloise has her own set of secrets and we are left hanging as to what happen to Eloise so until her book which is next. Can't really say much more but, really did enjoy Romancing Mister...more
rey
4 stars

A very short story from Colin and Penelope except this time it isn't about romance (slightly there is) but it's about revealing the truth and seeking forgiveness from her dear friend Eloise.

Penelope is Eloise's best friend, married to one of the Bridgerton men and that's Colin, and she's the famous Lady Whistledown.

So, on Eloise's wedding day, Penelope decided to tell her best friend of something crucial and hoping she could ask for forgiveness from her but she was worried she would ruin...more
Elenariel
Great! It's about all that was missing in To Sir Phillip, With Love in respect of the Eloise-Penelope's bond (Penelope's reaction at Colin's return was exactly how I felt at the end of Elose' book), and it's written with the same spirit of the series' beginning. Both Colin and Penelope confirm to be great characters, and little Hyacinth's very promising!
It was a pleasure to read, even if brief - but thankfully longer than the other epilogues.

“I thought you wanted food,” she gasped. “I do,” he mu
Amanda Sheila
I liked it. Short book about Penelope and Collin's situations shortly after their marriage. Quick, funny and adorable. I enjoyed it. But this book's making me wanting more of their story. *sigh*
Cary
I enjoy these little tidbits more about the couple/family. Sometimes the jump forward or back in time between the 1st and 2nd Epilogue takes a bit to get used to, but nice to have more.
Nfadziela Lee
I think I a little bit disappointed with every II epilogue in Bridgerton series. I am expecting much much more in that epilogue especially my favourite one was Romancing Mr Bridgerton. I love Penelope and Colin so much it hurts my teeth(copy from what happened in london), they were such a perfect couples and I really need the second epilogue empathizing more on them rather than the fact that Eloise didnt know about Lady W. It will be great if JQ give a glimpse on how well their life even after y...more
Yohana Arrows
Es muuy divertido ver a la familia Bridgerton compitiendo por guardar un secreto XD Hyacinth es toda una bocona!!! Este epílogo me divirtió muchísimo.
Jenn
What a sweet, funny little short story. Was there much point to it? No, but still enjoyable to read. I love these characters.
Kimberly
Colin and Penelope's story! Loved Penelope's character in the series and was shocked to discover her connection to Lady Whistledown! Penelope's always had a thing for Colin but never imagined it would go anywhere- him a golden boy and her a wallflower. Friends through his sister Penelope has an insiders perspective of the family and knows Colin's heart and love for writing. Their friendship turns to marriage and I liked that they had struggles to work through in their relationship- like all Quin...more
Adlina Haezah
Sumpaaah Colin dan Penelope nih ngakak banget.
Colin dengan sifatnya, Penelope dengan kepandaiannya.
Mereka mau mengungkapkan jatidiri Penelope ke Eloise.
Menakutkannya Hyacinht kalo udah ngomongin uang.
Dan ketakutan Colin dan Penelope terhadap ancaman Eloise.
Hahaha.. bercandaa.. semuanya cuma bercanda, tapi sumpah disini aku cuma senyum-senyum mulu. Lucu bangeeettt.. Colin tuh.. ugh, sifatnya sok innocent menyebalkan, Allohu Akbaaar. Dan dia tuh kalo udah jahil. Hufff. aku pingin banget tau giman...more
Mia
Hyacinth was way too annoying in this one.
Gina
Very funny...enjoyed it.
Dominique Eastwick
Finally the biggest question I had about the series that had gone unanswered is answered what did Eloise do when she found out the truth about the big secret. Can't tell more as it will give it away. I really feel this one lies somewhere after you have read Eloises story as it makes more sense there.

This isn't a stand alone short story and only really works after having read the series. But if you loved the series you need to read this one too.
Annie
Colin was always my favorite Bridgerton man, closely followed by Anthony. I totally loved his own book and I love his second Epilogue. Penelope is great and I laughed so hard about Hyacinth as well. I nearly died with laughter when Colin, Penelope and Lady Bridgerton were talking about Hyacinth. Such a great litte story. Very amusing and very heart warming and just another example why we love the Bridgertons so much.
Mary
This is as much of an epilogue for Eloise as it is for Penelope. Set around the time of the former's wedding day, we learn that A) Eloise DID leave a note, B) the Bridgertons are prone to bribery, and C) Hyacinth is great at fleecing family.
  • A Hathaway Wedding (The Hathaways, #2.5)
  • Storming the Castle (Fairy Tales, #1.5)
  • Slightly Scandalous (Bedwyn Saga, #3)
  • The Perfect Lover (Cynster, #10)
  • At the Bride Hunt Ball (Devine & Friends, #1)
  • Guilty Pleasures (Guilty, #1)
  • The Ice Princess (Princes Trilogy, #3.5)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn loves to dispel the myth that smart women don't read (or write) romance, and in 2001 she did so in grand style, competing on the the game show The Weakest Link and walking away with the $79,000 jackpot. She displayed a decided lack of knowledge about baseball, country music, and plush toys, but she is proud to say that she aced all things British an...more
More about Julia Quinn...
The Duke and I (Bridgertons, #1) The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2) Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4) The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever (Bevelstoke, #1) When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6)

“It's only through sheer force and luck that she's yet to take over the world.” 40 likes
“I thought you wanted food," she gasped.
"I do," he murmured, tugging on the bodice of her dress. "But I want you more.”
8 likes