Start by marking “King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table (Little Golden Book)” as Want to Read:
King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table (Little Golden Book)

King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table (Little Golden Book)

A lavishly illustrated treasure filled with wizards and knights, queens and quests is back in print. The tales of King Arthur and his knights of the Round Table transcend time. Unavailable for decades, this collection combines the work of renowned illustrator Gustaf Tenggren with captivating storytelling, and reignites the magic of an age long ago and far away. Includes an ...more
Published October 8th 2002 by Golden Books

To ask other readers questions about King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table

Heather
We finally finished this book and I'm rather mixed in my feelings. The chapters/sections lend themselves well to reading aloud (as in they're not too long). I think the author does a nice job with the chronology. I've read several Arthur books for children which were very confusing in how they jumped around. This wasn't jumpy. But it also didn't cover everything I thought should have been covered. My boys were anxiously awaiting anything about Morgan la Fey or Mordred but were disappointed becau ...more
Eyebright
Jan 11, 2008 Eyebright added it
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Eyebright by: My History Book
Shelves: classics, 2008-books
I really enjoyed reading this book, even though it is a childrens retelling. Probably because of the fact that it is a childrens book, there is no obvious love affair between Guinevere and Sir Lancelot, and I really liked that. To me, I have always liked King Arthur better than Lancelot, and could never understand why his two best friends would hurt him like that.

Anyway, in this book it still used slightly archaic language, which I liked. The end was still very sad.
Allanna
Jun 24, 2008 Allanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now I won't have to be so ashamed with my (former) lack of knowledge and familiarity with Arthurian lore.

I mean, I've still got TONS to read ... but I know at least know a little about more of the Knights of the Round Table.

I should buy this one. The stories are just about the perfect length for bedtime stories.
Christina
May 04, 2015 Christina rated it liked it
Nice introduction to King Arthur. It's not really Caitlyn's thing, so this was mostly about "This is one of the culture's stories and you need to be familiar with it." Also, now she can watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Gina Johnson
Apr 07, 2015 Gina Johnson rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a great re telling of Arthurian lore. The chapters and sections lent themselves well to being read aloud and I also liked that Lancelot and Guinevere don't have an affair in this version.
Marty
Mar 04, 2008 Marty rated it liked it
It was a good book. I just never enjoyed books in that era - with swords and things as much as other types of books.
Bernard Miranda
Vj
Apr 10, 2015 Vj rated it it was amazing
Written well. Good introductory book about the Arthurian legends.
Verdi
Verdi rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2009
Michele
Michele rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2013
Moon
Moon rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2008
Alisha
Alisha rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2008
Willie Ha
Willie Ha rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2007
Tracy
Tracy rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2009
Rosalie
Rosalie rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2012
Ricky
Ricky rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2013
Kate Motola
Kate Motola rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2016
Mr. Genie
Mr. Genie rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2007
Ava
Ava rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2015
Stephen
Stephen rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2011
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2007
Pinky
Pinky rated it really liked it
May 28, 2013
Janet
Janet rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2016
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2007
Andre
Andre rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2015
Javi
Javi rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2008
Rowena
Rowena rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2012
Em
Em rated it liked it
May 21, 2010
Heather Key
Heather Key rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2008
Also known as:
-Emily Broun
-Josephine James (works written in collaboration with daughter Barbara Lindsay)
More about Emma Gelders Sterne...