Start by marking “Divine Magic: The Seven Sacred Secrets of Manifestation” as Want to Read:
Divine Magic: The Seven Sacred Secrets of Manifestation

Divine Magic: The Seven Sacred Secrets of Manifestation

You have natural magical abilities that can elevate your life to a whole new level, as well as heal and help your loved ones and clients. The original teacher of this Divine magic was an Egyptian sage named Hermes Trismegistus. His teachings, called “Hermetics,” were only taught verbally or in very cryptic writings. In 1908, three Hermetic students wrote these teachings in ...more
Published July 15th 2006 by Hay House

To ask other readers questions about Divine Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Divine Magic

Lisa Morris
Dec 09, 2012 Lisa Morris rated it it was amazing
Divine Magic is a wonderful up to date, easily understandable version of The Kybalion ~ The Seven Hermetic/Thoth Principles of All & gives a greater understanding of our True Path in Life & how to balance yourself for manifestation of True Self ~ Turn on That Heart Centered Awareness & Shine back into All ~ Namaste~*
Aug 10, 2013 Deirdre rated it it was ok
This is in the grand tradition of The Secret. Positive thinking will make your life all better and you will have everything you want. I have a lot of problems with this sort of thinking and with some of the concepts in here.

Two of the principles I have the most problems with are The Principle of Polarity and the Principle of Gender. Among other things these are basically dualism, while she explains polarity with some examples that are more circular than linear, I also have a problem with assign
Aug 24, 2015 Vicky rated it it was amazing
A pretty interesting look at the laws of the Universe and how to work with them, rather than against them.

I've seen some other reviews of this book which complain about this law of attraction stuff being rubbish. If you think it's rubbish, why are you reading books about it? This book is quite obviously about how to use the laws of the universe along with changing your own thoughts to make changes in your life. If that's not your thing, go read something else.

I actually really liked this book.
Wow. This is certainly another must-read for those spiritually-minded! It presents the ancient teachings of Hermes in a scientific way that easily pleases those of us who believe the unexplained is simply undiscovered by science as yet. There are going to be plenty of skeptics that this will be a tough read for but for those who are more open-minded this has a lot of helpful information about controlling your thoughts and taking control of your own happiness. I love how it's been broken down but ...more
May 25, 2012 Tamara rated it it was amazing
Excellent book! I listen to the CD while I am driving, and am able to retain the information much better than if I had read the book. This book has condensed the more complicated version of "The Kybalion" into a work that is easier to understand and teach. Great book; highly recommend it. Tamara :)
The Domestic Witch
Oct 06, 2015 The Domestic Witch rated it really liked it
Good solid intro to the Hermetic principles but it didn't go far enough. She explains why the principles work but barely scratched the surface on how to work with them in a practical way. I didn't like the mechanical lever analogy for raising your vibrations. There's nothing mechanical about that. Magic isn't lifting an imaginary lever. If you want to learn how to actually put mental alchemy into practice you will need to look elsewhere but this book will help you get started on that path.
Aug 22, 2011 Rachael rated it it was ok
I gave it two stars because I support thinking from the end, which is basically what this is about to put it very simply. I only happened across this book, so I read it quickly between books hoping it would offer me something to help me through a difficult experience. I don't know what it was but I couldn't shake the strange bad feeling I got every time I picked up this book. I also read Ask And It Is Given immediately following this one. Both books might be wonderful for the right person at the ...more
Jan 29, 2016 Karen rated it it was amazing
Doreen has used her wisdom and writing skills to make the Hermetic information understandable to any layperson. I consistently refer back to the book and gain new understanding each time I re-read specific sections. Her lever chart for polarity is especially helpful in changing attitudes quickly. Highly recommend!
Bernadette Romero
Understanding the essence of All

This was a quick simple book that put into perspective who we are and how we interact with our mental functioning universe to master our lives.
Mrs J M Broomhall

Very good book and really does get your mind working differently. Highly effective and useful. Definitely a must to read.
Gregg Seeley
Dec 13, 2009 Gregg Seeley rated it it was amazing
A very inciteful book. One that has to be read atleast twice to understand how to utilize the methods of Hermetics. An open mind is needed and a willingness to utilize the visualization part of the mind. After that, it is pure magic and delightful occurences happen making the proven methods true over and over again. It is book which requires patience and practice of using the hermetic system, however, once it is learned and practice, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.
Kelly Fields
May 13, 2016 Kelly Fields rated it it was amazing
Very informative, I'm going to read it again.
Jun 12, 2008 Heather rated it it was amazing
Gives an easy-to-understand overview of 7 Hermetic principles that we can apply to our daily living. Will help you gain insight & perspective into ways you can better your life, by raising your thoughts to a higher, positive level. Also comes with a free cd you can listen to with the same info.
Oct 10, 2010 Satia rated it did not like it
For those who like New Thought and/or Law of Attraction teachings then this book will be a winner. For anyone else, read my review if you like:
Mar 25, 2009 Terrie rated it liked it
a good presentation of ancient teachings - more scientifically worded/presented true to the Hermetic teachings - easy exercises to utilize - CD comes w/book - haven't listened to it yet - sure I will enjoy
Lisa Sudo
Jan 16, 2013 Lisa Sudo rated it liked it
Overall, I think it was a good read. She did a decent job of taking a more complex and sometimes confusing text and making it concise and much easier to follow and comprehend.

Oct 01, 2011 Janelle rated it it was ok
Shelves: spirit-esoteric
By the time I read this I had read quite a bit of Doreen Virtue books and I was getting overly saturated with the same message delivered in only slighly varying ways.
Nov 29, 2009 DreamPacker rated it it was ok
I usually like Doreen Virtue, but this one was a little too "deep" and abstract.
Jul 29, 2009 Ingrid rated it really liked it
Really deep book. Intriguing, interesting. An excelent mentalism powerbook.
Jan 25, 2013 Sandra rated it really liked it
The cd that comes with this books is great.
Jan 25, 2008 Leisl rated it really liked it
Excellent introduction to hermetics.
Jan 16, 2009 Kris rated it it was amazing
Trudy Morris
Sep 14, 2012 Trudy Morris rated it it was amazing
Sits beside my bed
Sirma marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2016
sarina rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2016
Michele Clark
Michele Clark marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2016
Akris Diaz
Akris Diaz marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2016
Tania Moran
Tania Moran marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2016
Dakota marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2016
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2016
  • How to Heal with Color
  • Secret Societies...and How They Affect Our Lives Today
  • Serpent of Light: Beyond 2012 the Movement of the Earth's Kundalini and the Rise of the Female Light, 1949 to 2013
  • Tarot Made Easy
  • Secrets of the Monarch: What the Dead Can Teach Us about Living a Better Life
  • By Oak, Ash, & Thorn: Modern Celtic Shamanism
  • Animal Spirit Guides: An Easy-to-Use Handbook for Identifying and Understanding Your Power Animals and Animal Spirit Helpers
  • Ask Your Guides: Connecting to Your Divine Support System
  • Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic
  • Opening to Channel: How to Connect with Your Guide
  • The Faeries' Oracle
  • Wicca Craft: The Modern Witches Book of Herbs, Magick and Dreams
  • Advanced Candle Magick: More Spells and Rituals for Every Purpose
  • The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells: The Ultimate Reference Book for the Magical Arts
  • Priestess of the Forest: A Druid Journey
  • Love is in the Earth: A Kaleidoscope of Crystals - The Reference Book Describing the Metaphysical Properties of the Mineral Kingdom
Doreen Virtue is a fourth-generation metaphysician and clairvoyant doctor of psychology. Doreen is the author of numerous best-selling books and products, including Assertiveness for Earth Angels, and Healing With the Angels book and cards.

She's been featured on Oprah, CNN, Good Morning America, and in newspapers and magazines worldwide including her weekly column in Woman's World magazine called
More about Doreen Virtue...

“The higher spiritual planes vibrate the fastest, and the lower material planes vibrate the slowest (which is why matter appears dense and solid).” 1 likes