When Mom Turned Into a Monster

When Mom Turned Into a Monster

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  11 reviews
When the cousins call to say they're coming over that afternoon, Mom rushes to get ready for their visit. The house is a mess, anti there's nothing to eat. That means cleaning, scrubbing, vacuuming, and shopping. She asks Sam and his sister to help her out, but they don't. Instead they bicker and whine and create even more of a mess. But suddenly they realize that somethin...more
Published October 1st 1996 by Carolrhoda Books (first published July 8th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about When Mom Turned Into a Monster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Mom Turned Into a Monster

Jen
Want to know what happens when you make your mom mad? Read this to see! :)
Ruby-Mae Roberts
I'm reviewing this as the girl I was when I last read this book, which was about 13 years ago, when I was 6.

This is THE most hideous book of all time. It is terrifying and has made me develop an unhealthy fear of MY OWN MOTHER!
The first thing I do in the morning is check my mums ears haven't turned all green and pointy and the last thing I do at night is check she hasn't sprouted a scaly tale.
My intense fear is exaggerated by my dad, who finds my reaction hilarious when he says "Ruby... Mummy'...more
Arminzerella
Armanda Campbell
I liked this book becuse I'm sure that all students can relate. In this story, there is a single mother and two children/ While the mom is prepearing the house for visitors, the two children are constnatly messign up. Each time they do something, the mom grows the body part of an animal. The illustrations are amazing, so they keep the children's attention. After a while, the children understand why their mom is so upset, and they clean up everything that they've messed up. This could be a good b...more
Chrissie H
A great one for the kids!
Magen
Ok, if you are a mom you have to read this book. I feel like this MUCH of the time. When I clean, my children are messing things up right behind me and company always comes at times of mess (unless planned ahead of course). I see myself turning into a monster a lot. The kids think it is funny to watch the mom grow monster parts. And it even gives them ideas of how to make the monster in Mommy go away.
Kristin
I liked this book because it relates to how a lot of children probably feel. It shows a lot of trouble that a typical family can have when planning for something that occurs off schedule. It has a good story line, so I would consider it a good read. Anything that gets students interested is generally a good read.
Emily
I love this book! Used to read it to my children, and now I'm looking forwards to sharing it with lots more in schools! So much for children and parents to relate to here, and great illustrations to look at too.
Magen
This is the one I just reviewed but it didn't have a picture, well, here it is. I love it, I feel like this much of the time. My kids get a kick out of it and even ideas of how to make my "Monster parts" go away.
Marie
I think every Mom should read this to her kids. We loved it here.
Mary
We (my 7 year old daughter and me) read it again and again!
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Kirsten
Kirsten marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Grace
Grace added it
Jul 01, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Deidra
Deidra added it
May 20, 2014
Lucy
Lucy marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Pam Smith
Pam Smith marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Grizzly Dad Dear Bear The Container Gardener's Bible: A Step-by-Step Guide to Growing in All Kinds of Containers, Conditions, and Locations The Three Wishes The Snowman and the Snowdog