Start by marking “When Mom Turned Into a Monster” as Want to Read:
When Mom Turned Into a Monster

When Mom Turned Into a Monster

4.38  ·  Rating Details  ·  48 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
When the cousins call to say they're coming over that afternoon, Mom rushes to get ready for their visit. The house is a mess, anti there's nothing to eat. That means cleaning, scrubbing, vacuuming, and shopping. She asks Sam and his sister to help her out, but they don't. Instead they bicker and whine and create even more of a mess. But suddenly they realize that somethin ...more
Published October 1st 1996 by Carolrhoda Books (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about When Mom Turned Into a Monster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Mom Turned Into a Monster

Jen
Jun 23, 2011 Jen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Want to know what happens when you make your mom mad? Read this to see! :)
Ruby-Mae Roberts
Oct 27, 2013 Ruby-Mae Roberts rated it it was amazing
I'm reviewing this as the girl I was when I last read this book, which was about 13 years ago, when I was 6.

This is THE most hideous book of all time. It is terrifying and has made me develop an unhealthy fear of MY OWN MOTHER!
The first thing I do in the morning is check my mums ears haven't turned all green and pointy and the last thing I do at night is check she hasn't sprouted a scaly tale.
My intense fear is exaggerated by my dad, who finds my reaction hilarious when he says "Ruby... Mummy'
Arminzerella
Armanda Campbell
I liked this book becuse I'm sure that all students can relate. In this story, there is a single mother and two children/ While the mom is prepearing the house for visitors, the two children are constnatly messign up. Each time they do something, the mom grows the body part of an animal. The illustrations are amazing, so they keep the children's attention. After a while, the children understand why their mom is so upset, and they clean up everything that they've messed up. This could be a good b ...more
Magen
Sep 22, 2009 Magen rated it it was amazing
Ok, if you are a mom you have to read this book. I feel like this MUCH of the time. When I clean, my children are messing things up right behind me and company always comes at times of mess (unless planned ahead of course). I see myself turning into a monster a lot. The kids think it is funny to watch the mom grow monster parts. And it even gives them ideas of how to make the monster in Mommy go away.
Kristin
Dec 03, 2013 Kristin rated it really liked it
I liked this book because it relates to how a lot of children probably feel. It shows a lot of trouble that a typical family can have when planning for something that occurs off schedule. It has a good story line, so I would consider it a good read. Anything that gets students interested is generally a good read.
Emily
Oct 13, 2013 Emily rated it it was amazing
I love this book! Used to read it to my children, and now I'm looking forwards to sharing it with lots more in schools! So much for children and parents to relate to here, and great illustrations to look at too.
Magen
Sep 22, 2009 Magen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the one I just reviewed but it didn't have a picture, well, here it is. I love it, I feel like this much of the time. My kids get a kick out of it and even ideas of how to make my "Monster parts" go away.
Marie
Feb 01, 2011 Marie rated it it was amazing
I think every Mom should read this to her kids. We loved it here.
Mary
Oct 25, 2013 Mary rated it it was amazing
We (my 7 year old daughter and me) read it again and again!
Chrissie H
Jun 05, 2014 Chrissie H rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great one for the kids!
Tapani Aulu
Hassut piirrokset ja ymmärsin portugaliksi koko kirjan, jee.
Lauren Bedtime
Lauren Bedtime is currently reading it
Aug 02, 2016
Lant
Lant marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Louhughes8hotmail.Com
Louhughes8hotmail.Com marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
Mariam Rajabali
Mariam Rajabali marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Cherie Noel
Cherie Noel rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2016
Gail Weinstein
Gail Weinstein marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Alan Hanlon
Alan Hanlon marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Fola
Fola added it
Mar 05, 2016
Christian Tucker
Christian Tucker marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
Zander Ferguson
Zander Ferguson rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Jarrod
Jarrod marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2015
Dionaholliday
Dionaholliday marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2015
Rosa Mitchell
Rosa Mitchell marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2015