Start by marking “The Cooper Kids (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #1-4)” as Want to Read:
The Cooper Kids (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #1-4)

The Cooper Kids (The Cooper Kids Adventures #1-4)

Four-volume set of Frank Peretti's "Indiana Jones-style" adventure stories that build sound values in kids while keeping them glued to their seats.
Boxed Set, 576 pages
Published February 1st 2005 by Crossway Books (first published January 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about The Cooper Kids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cooper Kids

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisWaterfall by Lisa Tawn BergrenThe Merchant's Daughter by Melanie DickersonCascade by Lisa Tawn BergrenThe Healer's Apprentice by Melanie Dickerson
Clean teen fiction (Christian)
38th out of 603 books — 665 voters
The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisWaterfall by Lisa Tawn BergrenThe Healer's Apprentice by Melanie DickersonCascade by Lisa Tawn BergrenTorrent by Lisa Tawn Bergren
Best Christian YA Books
130th out of 206 books — 186 voters

More lists with this book...

Gerald
Sep 07, 2015 Gerald rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Waw! The door in the Dragon's Throat was beautifully written. My second shot at Frank's work and l found it very taut and engagingly entertaining.The book was not supposed to be funny but I laughed to a point that l was feeling embarrased, hugely because of the author's diction.
The main actor of the book, Dr. Cooper, an archaeologist and his well-trained teenagers were invited to dig away and find what was locked behind a mysterious door hidden deep within a crater located in the vast wilderness
Kelly José
Oct 22, 2008 Kelly José rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
Yet again, another book from Peretti's series for children. Being an elementary student, I remember being very obsessed with this book, constantly reading it until I finally found out how it all ended.

This is, of course, great for kids, and it has a nice message in it that Frank Peretti always manages to get into his stories without shoving it down your throat.
Harmony
May 21, 2008 Harmony rated it it was amazing
I completely loved these books when I read them. At the time (5th grade?) I hated reading, but these books were really addicting. They were suspenseful and just really exciting! I hear the Peretti books for adults are really terrifying! I honestly haven't worked up enough guts to read one yet.
Amanda G. Stevens
Aug 30, 2016 Amanda G. Stevens rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I reread these four books more than any others as a kid. I hadn't seen the Indiana Jones movies yet, so I didn't catch the plot elements borrowed from them. I was enthralled by the archaeological dig locations, the mysterious secondary characters, the coolness of fourteen-year-old Jay and thirteen-year-old Lila as they traveled with their dad and survived all sorts of peril (let's see ... snakes, scorpions, a scary old soothsayer, an earthquake, (view spoiler) ...more
Jill Williamson
Nov 20, 2010 Jill Williamson rated it it was amazing
Review by Jill Williamson

Jay and Lila and their archaeologist father, Dr. Cooper, enter the tombs of Anak in search of a missing coworker. Instead, they stumble onto a village where the people follow a bizarre religion. These Anakim people believe that Anak Ha-Raphah is their god and will destroy them if he becomes angry. And Dr. Cooper’s meddling in the tombs has angered the god. But Dr. Cooper is not afraid. He must discover what became of his coworker and no false religion will stop him.

Peret
Icia
Aug 01, 2015 Icia rated it liked it
I liked these when I was a young (Christian) child; they brought an awesome mixture of adventure and intrigue (the author is good about that)! In fact, I felt very Indiana Jones and archeological with this story (both aspirations of that time), even if I remember nothing about them. End (-)
Teresa Travis
Jan 18, 2015 Teresa Travis rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved these books as a child. I have recently started reading Peretti's adult collection. I hope I like them as much as I did these so many years ago.
kristine
Remembered these from when i was a kid. Been meaning to read again.
paige preston
Jun 07, 2015 paige preston rated it it was amazing
It was a great series.
Amy
Aug 24, 2013 Amy rated it really liked it
I read these as a kid and I literally read one a day. I couldn't put them down. It is filled with adventure. I felt I was there each step of the way. I like how their faith is mixed in through out as well.
Sheryl Helms
Dec 06, 2008 Sheryl Helms rated it it was amazing
Really good. I read them when I was a teen (or maybe older) then re-read them. I have all 6 books. There are some amazing Truths packaged in an exciting, action-packed read.
Fioners
Dec 31, 2007 Fioners rated it it was amazing
Excellent series for children! It combines adventure, character building, and good 'ol christian values.
David
Aug 16, 2010 David rated it really liked it
I loved it as a preteen. A great mix of fiction, faith, and adventure.
Eliana
Jul 24, 2010 Eliana rated it it was amazing
there will always be one God in my heart that I will serve and worship.. ...more
Imalea
Mar 24, 2011 Imalea rated it it was amazing
I read these when I was about 10yo. I loved them!
Megan
Aug 03, 2011 Megan rated it it was ok
my favorite of the series.
Bill Fortenberry
Bill Fortenberry marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Shannon Lewis
Shannon Lewis marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Gilsheyla
Gilsheyla marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Bessie
Bessie marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
Revivalist Nanna
Revivalist Nanna rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2016
Deanna
Deanna marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Hope Christian
Hope Christian marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2016
Cheryl Blanton
Cheryl Blanton marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2016
Laura Chegwidden
Laura Chegwidden marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Stephanie Kaleto
Stephanie Kaleto marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Shay
Shay marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Denise Silva
Denise Silva marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Luwanda
Luwanda marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Galaxy
Galaxy marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
  • Winged Raiders of the Desert (Seven Sleepers, #5)
  • Sugar Creek Gang #1-6 Set (Sugar Creek Gang)
  • Little Tim and the Brave Sea Captain
  • Hidden in Time (Livingstone Chronicles, #2)
  • The Bones of Makaidos (Oracles of Fire, #4)
  • My Life as Dinosaur Dental Floss (The Incredible Worlds of Wally McDoogle, #5)
  • The Conquering Dark (Crown & Key, #3)
  • The Island Keeper
  • Come On, Seabiscuit!
  • Cassidy Jones and Vulcan's Gift (Cassidy Jones Adventures, #2)
  • Resisting Ruby Rose   (Ruby Rose #2)
  • Mandie and the Forbidden Attic (Mandie Books, #4)
FROM HIS WEBSITE:
With more than 12 million novels in print, Frank Peretti is nothing short of a publishing phenomenon and has been called “America’s hottest Christian novelist.”

Peretti is a natural storyteller who, as a youngster in Seattle, regularly gathered the neighborhood children for animated storytelling sessions. After graduating from high school, he began playing banjo with a local blueg
More about Frank E. Peretti...

The Cooper Kids Adventures (8 books)
  • The Door in the Dragon's Throat (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #1)
  • Escape from the Island of Aquarius (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #2)
  • The Tombs of Anak (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #3)
  • Trapped at the Bottom of the Sea (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #4)
  • The Secret of the Desert Stone (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #5)
  • The Deadly Curse of Toco-Rey (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #6)
  • The Legend of Annie Murphy (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #7)
  • Flying Blind (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #8)