Start by marking “The Cooper Kids (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #1-4)” as Want to Read:
The Cooper Kids (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #1-4)

The Cooper Kids (The Cooper Kids Adventures #1-4)

Four-volume set of Frank Peretti's "Indiana Jones-style" adventure stories that build sound values in kids while keeping them glued to their seats.
Boxed Set, 576 pages
Published February 1st 2005 by Crossway Books (first published January 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about The Cooper Kids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cooper Kids

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisWaterfall by Lisa Tawn BergrenThe Merchant's Daughter by Melanie DickersonCascade by Lisa Tawn BergrenThe Healer's Apprentice by Melanie Dickerson
Clean teen fiction (Christian)
38th out of 601 books — 677 voters
The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisWaterfall by Lisa Tawn BergrenThe Healer's Apprentice by Melanie DickersonCascade by Lisa Tawn BergrenTorrent by Lisa Tawn Bergren
Best Christian YA Books
131st out of 206 books — 198 voters

More lists with this book...

Kelly José
Oct 22, 2008 Kelly José rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
Yet again, another book from Peretti's series for children. Being an elementary student, I remember being very obsessed with this book, constantly reading it until I finally found out how it all ended.

This is, of course, great for kids, and it has a nice message in it that Frank Peretti always manages to get into his stories without shoving it down your throat.
Harmony
May 21, 2008 Harmony rated it it was amazing
I completely loved these books when I read them. At the time (5th grade?) I hated reading, but these books were really addicting. They were suspenseful and just really exciting! I hear the Peretti books for adults are really terrifying! I honestly haven't worked up enough guts to read one yet.
Amanda G. Stevens
Aug 30, 2016 Amanda G. Stevens rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I reread these four books more than any others as a kid. I hadn't seen the Indiana Jones movies yet, so I didn't catch the plot elements borrowed from them. I was enthralled by the archaeological dig locations, the mysterious secondary characters, the coolness of fourteen-year-old Jay and thirteen-year-old Lila as they traveled with their dad and survived all sorts of peril (let's see ... snakes, scorpions, a scary old soothsayer, an earthquake, (view spoiler) ...more
Gerald
Sep 07, 2015 Gerald rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Waw! The door in the Dragon's Throat was beautifully written. My second shot at Frank's work and l found it very taut and engagingly entertaining.The book was not supposed to be funny but I laughed to a point that l was feeling embarrased, hugely because of the author's diction.
The main actor of the book, Dr. Cooper, an archaeologist and his well-trained teenagers were invited to dig away and find what was locked behind a mysterious door hidden deep within a crater located in the vast wilderness
Jill Williamson
Nov 20, 2010 Jill Williamson rated it it was amazing
Review by Jill Williamson

Jay and Lila and their archaeologist father, Dr. Cooper, enter the tombs of Anak in search of a missing coworker. Instead, they stumble onto a village where the people follow a bizarre religion. These Anakim people believe that Anak Ha-Raphah is their god and will destroy them if he becomes angry. And Dr. Cooper’s meddling in the tombs has angered the god. But Dr. Cooper is not afraid. He must discover what became of his coworker and no false religion will stop him.

Peret
Icia
Aug 01, 2015 Icia rated it liked it
I liked these when I was a young (Christian) child; they brought an awesome mixture of adventure and intrigue (the author is good about that)! In fact, I felt very Indiana Jones and archeological with this story (both aspirations of that time), even if I remember nothing about them. End (-)
Amy
Aug 24, 2013 Amy rated it really liked it
I read these as a kid and I literally read one a day. I couldn't put them down. It is filled with adventure. I felt I was there each step of the way. I like how their faith is mixed in through out as well.
Fioners
Dec 31, 2007 Fioners rated it it was amazing
Excellent series for children! It combines adventure, character building, and good 'ol christian values.
Teresa Travis
Jan 18, 2015 Teresa Travis rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved these books as a child. I have recently started reading Peretti's adult collection. I hope I like them as much as I did these so many years ago.
Sheryl Helms
Dec 06, 2008 Sheryl Helms rated it it was amazing
Really good. I read them when I was a teen (or maybe older) then re-read them. I have all 6 books. There are some amazing Truths packaged in an exciting, action-packed read.
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2013
Martha
Martha rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2011
Tami
Tami rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2014
Heiren
Heiren rated it it was ok
Aug 11, 2012
Calista
Calista rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2014
Abi Joya
Abi Joya rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2010
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2009
David Flood
David Flood rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2014
Bookworm
Bookworm rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2014
Joanna Nichols
Joanna Nichols rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2014
David
Aug 16, 2010 David rated it really liked it
I loved it as a preteen. A great mix of fiction, faith, and adventure.
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2010
J Douglas
J Douglas rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2015
Mags
Mags rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2013
Jolene
Jolene rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2013
Joshalynn Ward
Joshalynn Ward rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2012
Betsy
Betsy rated it really liked it
May 30, 2012
Michael Beauchamp
Michael Beauchamp rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2015
Angela Blount
Angela Blount rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2011
Kaylie Rosenberry
Kaylie Rosenberry rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2016
  • Winged Raiders of the Desert (Seven Sleepers, #5)
  • Sugar Creek Gang #1-6 Set (Sugar Creek Gang)
  • Little Tim and the Brave Sea Captain
  • Hidden in Time (Livingstone Chronicles, #2)
  • The Bones of Makaidos (Oracles of Fire, #4)
  • My Life as Dinosaur Dental Floss (The Incredible Worlds of Wally McDoogle, #5)
  • The Conquering Dark (Crown & Key, #3)
  • The Island Keeper
  • Come On, Seabiscuit!
  • Cassidy Jones and Vulcan's Gift (Cassidy Jones Adventures, #2)
  • Resisting Ruby Rose   (Ruby Rose #2)
  • Mandie and the Forbidden Attic (Mandie Books, #4)
FROM HIS WEBSITE:
With more than 12 million novels in print, Frank Peretti is nothing short of a publishing phenomenon and has been called “America’s hottest Christian novelist.”

Peretti is a natural storyteller who, as a youngster in Seattle, regularly gathered the neighborhood children for animated storytelling sessions. After graduating from high school, he began playing banjo with a local blueg
More about Frank E. Peretti...

The Cooper Kids Adventures (8 books)
  • The Door in the Dragon's Throat (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #1)
  • Escape from the Island of Aquarius (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #2)
  • The Tombs of Anak (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #3)
  • Trapped at the Bottom of the Sea (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #4)
  • The Secret of the Desert Stone (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #5)
  • The Deadly Curse of Toco-Rey (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #6)
  • The Legend of Annie Murphy (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #7)
  • Flying Blind (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #8)