Start by marking “One Piece, Volume 12: The Legend Begins (One Piece, #12)” as Want to Read:
One Piece, Volume 12: The Legend Begins (One Piece, #12)

One Piece, Volume 12: The Legend Begins (One Piece #12)

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  2,051 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Luffy narrowly escapes being executed by his old nemeses Lady Alvida and Buggy the Clown, but now he has the Navy hot on his trail. Leading the hunt is the relentless Captain Smoker, a man who has never let a pirate escape from his jurisdiction!
Published October 3rd 2006 by VIZ Media LLC (first published February 2nd 2000)

To ask other readers questions about One Piece, Volume 12, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Piece, Volume 12

Novia
For me, One Piece is best Manga ever written. The story always touch my heart, it is a combination of faithful friendship, laughter, loyalty and action.
Some people might find this manga as silly and pointless (I’ve heard this before) but they never truly read the Manga and therefore judging it simply from the cover. I’ve been in that position too…and thank God I finally looked beyond the cover and found the greatest adventure any Mangaka ever written.

More about One Piece at my blog http://bokuno
Ottery StCatchpole
What can I say about One Piece that I haven't said before? The series is awesome, and Oda-Sensei manages to keep the book funny, creative, and very entertaining. This isn't an easy feat when you think about it. I've seen comic book series that have had less time go through serious downward spirals, and some that were just stillborn. But not so with One Piece. The art is fresh and interesting, the story funny and you can see progress as our friends finally get to the Grand Line. Where they meet u ...more
Nazish Ahmed (Nazish Reads)
Most of this volume was kind of boring, but then the fight Zoro has at the end is when things start getting interesting again.

Sanji is so sexist and his lust for any pretty girl (with some characters it's funny, but I just find it annoying in this anime and manga), it's so annoying. It's the same with that swordswomen in the beginning of this volume, she's so annoying. Why couldn't they have an interesting swordswomen, one that isn't uptight and hating that she's a girl. Plus, if Nami can punch
Patricia BookExhibitionism
I'm not really interested in reviewing this series, but I want to have a recap for myself, in case I'm searching for a specific scene in the future, which is why I actually plan to reread the whole series in 2012.

- Zoro and Tashigi have a little fight and she's all "Did you just go easy on me, cause I'm a girl?" And he's like "Could you please shut up and not talk like Kuina??"
- Mysterious guy ('Dragon'?) helps the strawhats (without their knowledge) and they set sail, repeating their goals (lo
Leana
Slamáci se konečně dostávají na Grand Line, což je jedna z mých oblíbených scén jak v anime tak v manze,(view spoiler) Poprvé se objevuje i tajná organizace Baroque Works a jejich agenti Miss Wednesday a MR. 9. Obzvlášť dojemný je i příběh velryby jménem Laboon, která už 50 let čeká na své přátele. Nebyl by to One Piece, aby se v každém díle neobjevila alespoň jedna divná postava, kterou je Crocus, strážce majáku, který s ...more
Ankit Shah
after escaping from smoker lufy and his crew continued their journey to grand line. in the way they got swallowed by a giant whale in which they met ms Wednesday and mr 9 a mysterious group lufy helped whale laboon. after getting help from doctor and receiving lock post they arrived at a town in which there are 100 pirate hunters.
Nat G.
About a year ago I was obsessed with One piece. I watched the anime and read the manga. It has likeable characters (except Nami) and a good plot. It's a great mix of Friendship and adventure. Although I am no longer following this series It's still a great read and I would recommend checking it out.
Tsering
Sure it has begun!
Nicole
モンキー・D・ルフィ
"Hay que tener claro que luchar no es lo mismo que jugar".

Me da tanta risa ver a Vivi como "Miss Wednesday" XDDDDDDD
Caroline
Finally on the Grand Line!
Wickedshizuku
May 11, 2014 Wickedshizuku rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Sgt. Brandon S. Hocking R.I.P.
Shelves: manga, reviewed
Volume 12 kicks off with Chapter 100: The beginning of a legend!
Monkey D. Dragon is introduced at the very beginning, but doesn't get a lot of face time in the volume. Luffy and the crew are in tight spot with Captain Buggy again. The setting is LoughTown the former hometown of the infamous pirate king Gol D. Roger.
Kate
Great volume, really had me excited around chapter 100.
Anna
Apr 10, 2013 Anna rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Set sail into the Grand Line at last!! ... and into the belly of a giant whale!?!?

Ok, show of hands - who didn't think Dragon was gonna be of such relevance later in the series from his brief 1st appearance in this book. Anyone?
Ninja Neko
Yeah! The Grand Line! The crew is travelling again, bumping into strange places and even weirder people (and animals). I like these adventures much better than some of the neverending fight scenes.
Jeffrey
Finally, the Grand Line! Big adventure awaits! Except..

It's not that bad really, but it's nothing too special either. Pretty standard shounen stuff.
Dru
This series takes a big step forward in the Baroque works arc, which lasts from Volume 12 to partway through Volume 23. It gets really, really good.
Marilag
Ending of the Loguetown scenes, meeting of Dragon, entering of the Calm Belt, and the meeting of Laboon!
ArdnAskelA
Quelle baleine.. ! :O Il a vraiment des idées.. comment dire.. "bizarres" (?) cet auteur ! Mais j'adore. :D
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 9 Desember 2003.
Kyu Hwan Choi
So good! Read it and read it... You will be addicted to it.
Andreia
Até me arrepiei ao ler "Chapter 100: The legend begins"!
Leighann hartless
its soo cool i cant wait to read the others
Lisa
Nov 06, 2011 Lisa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: comics
All the one piece books are great! READ THEEEM!
Nuris
Monkey D Dragon appears, meet luffy and Smoker
VampireAngelSadist
All I gotta say is, DAMMMNN ZOLO!
Reetta Saine
We're on Grand Line, baby!!
David De
The Grand Line
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 14 (Fairy Tail, #14)
  • Naruto, Vol. 16: Eulogy (Naruto, #16)
208650
See also 尾田 栄一郎

Eiichiro Oda (尾田 栄一郎 Oda Eiichirō) is a Japanese manga artist, best known as the creator of the manga and anime One Piece.

As a child, Oda was inspired by Akira Toriyama's works and aspired to become a manga artist. He recalls that his interest in pirates was probably sparked by the popular TV animation series titled Vicky the Viking. He submitted a character named Pandaman for Yudet
More about Eiichiro Oda...
One Piece, Volume 01: Romance Dawn (One Piece, #1) One Piece, Volume 38: Rocketman!! (One Piece, #38) One Piece, Volume 08: I Won't Die (One Piece, #8) One Piece, Volume 06: The Oath (One Piece, #6) One Piece, Volume 02: Buggy the Clown (One Piece, #2)