Start by marking “Eternity's End (Star Rigger, #6)” as Want to Read:
Eternity's End (Star Rigger, #6)

Eternity's End (Star Rigger #6)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  253 ratings  ·  23 reviews

Jeffrey A. Carver, author of The Infinity Link and The Rapture Effect, returns with a new science fiction epic set against a sweeping backdrop of interstellar war, space piracy, and star-spanning conspiracy.

After seven years of captivity at the hands of interstellar pirates, Star Rigger Renwald Legroeder escapes to the Centrist Worlds, thinking himself free to return to ri

Published October 14th 2001 by Tor Science Fiction (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Eternity's End, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eternity's End

Fallen by Lauren KateClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareWither by Lauren DeStefanoMatched by Ally CondieNightshade by Andrea Cremer
Cover Lust
250th out of 653 books — 510 voters
Ringworld by Larry NivenRendezvous with Rama by Arthur C. Clarke2001 by Arthur C. ClarkeLeviathan Wakes by James S.A. CoreyPushing Ice by Alastair Reynolds
Big Dumb Objects
37th out of 52 books — 38 voters

More lists with this book...

Dirk Grobbelaar

The star rigger's Flux: a higher-dimensional realm where reality and fantasy became strangely merged, where landscapes of the mind intersected with the real fabric of space, where space itself flowed and surged with movement—and where a rigger's skills could vault him across light-years, or send him spiraling to his death.

I love seeking out the lost gems in Science Fiction. This is only the second Carver book I’ve read, but it was the first I became aware of. I actually saw the Stephen Youll cov
Lyle Nicholson
This is a very long book, it's actually 4 books in one, with multiple journeys of the protagonist first fleeing from capture, then traveling to other planet systems on adventures.

I thought at one point that the story was going off in too many directions, and then the author brought everything back at the end to tie it all together. There are lot of characters in this book, and at sometimes it felt like there were too many.

I think I would have liked this book more if Carver had taken out about 20
Kernos
This is the 1st Rigger's Space novel I have read. It's entertaining, modern space opera. I plan to read the remaining Rigger novels.
James Broussard
I was really in the mood for some space opera when I read this book, so don't go too much by the score I gave it.
Roddy Williams
‘In the century since the devastating War of a Thousand Suns, humanity has stagnated, staying in the cocoon of the Centrist Worlds while the rapacious pirates of Golen Space prey on ships that venture too far into the interstellar flux. And starship Impris, lost in the war years, has become the stuff of legend – used by the pirates as bait, even as the Centrist authorities deny her existence.
Renwald Legroeder, escaped prisoner and star rigger pilot, has seen what the government doesn’t want anyo
Margaret Mcnulty-beldyk
This was one of my favorite books of all time when I was a teenager; I'm currently re-reading it for the 10 billionth time and it stands the test of time fairly well. It's a good, entertaining story that keeps me interested and doesn't drag, and the world is beautifully created with lots of good imagery that doesn't bog you down with description. The story also brings up political and philosophical concerns that are near and dear to my heart. I will say some of the characters are a bit flat -- t ...more
Traze
Eternity's End is a Space Opera Sci-Fi book written by Jeffrey Carver. It's part of Carver's Star Rigger universe but it's a standalone book in the sense that you don't have to be familiar with any of the other books in the Star-rigger series to follow the plot. Eternity's End is set in a fictional universe, wherein humans can perform interstellar travel through 'rigging'. Rigging is heavily influenced by actual marine travel, so be prepared to find a lot of marine analogies. To rig, one must cl ...more
Everett Jr.
Exciting reading

Jeffrey Carver presents an interesting view of space travel and the future (s) of humanity. A great book to add to your reading list.
kenneth  h.  robinson
SECRETS OF THE UNIVERSE AND OF THOSE INHABITANTS IN IT

Politics and secret and open differences of opinions among the inhabitants, human and non-human propel the actions and events of the novel. Riggers who work at getting ships safely from one place to another are under stress both professional, personal, psychological and political.
Brian

This one is hard to pigeon hole.

In places it's quite morally ambiguous, and adult in the lack of clear conclusions.

In others it's over simple, like bad YA.

While the characters don't always ring true, it is an entertaining story, and an interesting backdrop that's at least partially filled out.

A solid three and a half stars you might just enjoy more than I did.
William Lehman
It's a fun ride, nothing spectacular, but I'll get the rest of the series, I like the concept for FTL.
Ken Rideout
Decent sci fi - a fun summer read. I especially liked some of the "hard sci fi " elements: how they pilot ships through the "flux" (like 3D sailing in a storm) and how the computer-human "augments" interfaces work. Good enough to look for others by this author but not good enough to recommend to non sci fi fans!
Benjamin Kelly
Eternity's End is a high-space adventure that hearkens back to the days of sailing ships, complete with space pirates and romance too. This is one of those rare books that has stuck with me long after I finished reading. I enjoyed it from cover to cover and hope to find time to read it again someday.
Fred
Fantastic world building with huge plot potential that somehow fails to deliver and falls a little flat. Truthfully, I can't put my finger on where it went wrong but it definitely did.
World building - 5
Plot - 4
Character Development - 3
kvon
Space opera with hyperspace travel, augmented humans, conspiring military. Prose was fairly pedestrian. The women kept falling in love with the everyday hero. Some cool ideas re high tech, imagery affecting the universe.
Tom
Enjoyable read. It reminded me of Hal Clement and Heinlein who tried to potray humanoid aliens and alien environments in ways familiar to humans imagining what it might be like!
Jeff Brand
Very fun read. Took me a bit to get past the "sailing in space" imagery that is used extensively, but once I did, it was a very good story.
Eero
Pulpish space adventure/sort of political thriller with a bit of romance and augmented sex. The tech felt more like Star Wars than hard sf.
Larry
It felt like I was reading a juvenile. Simplistic plot and characters.
It's hard to say why I finished all 650 pages.
Lawrence
Brain candy. Enoyed it at the time, can't tell you much about it now.
Santos
Great book, read the nook edition with1500 pages
Cara Wallace
Really liked it, made me a Carver fan.
Michael Kub
Michael Kub is currently reading it
Apr 11, 2015
  • Ragamuffin (Xenowealth, #2)
  • Picoverse
  • Frontera
  • Crescent City Rhapsody (Nanotech, #3)
  • Mission Child
  • Against Infinity
  • And Chaos Died
  • Celestis
  • Mars Crossing
  • To Crush the Moon (The Queendom of Sol #4)
  • Assemblers of Infinity
  • The Road to Corlay
  • The Byworlder
  • The Void Captain's Tale
  • Juniper Time
  • Good News from Outer Space
  • City on Fire (Metropolitan, #2)
  • The Devil Is Dead

Star Rigger (6 books)
  • Seas of Ernathe (Star Rigger, #1)
  • Star Rigger's Way (Star Rigger, #2)
  • Panglor (Star Rigger, #3)
  • Dragons in the Stars (Star Rigger, #4)
  • Dragon Rigger (Star Rigger, #5)
Neptune Crossing (Chaos Chronicles, #1) Battlestar Galactica (Battlestar Galactica Miniseries, #1) Strange Attractors (Chaos Chronicles, #2) The Infinite Sea (Chaos Chronicles, #3) Sunborn (Chaos Chronicles, #4)