www.HRGiger.com

www.HRGiger.com

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  526 ratings  ·  10 reviews
HR Giger first received acclaim in the 1960s with his airbrushed fantasy landscapes. However, he scored his breakthrough in applied art, and particularly in his high-profile movie work on Ridley Scott's Alien. In 1980, he received an Oscar for "Best Achievement for Visual Effects" for his designs of the film's title creature and its otherworldly environment. His other cele...more
Published January 1st 2007 by Taschen (first published 1997)

Ingo
As this is a picture book, no review. Being a fan of his Art I just wanted to add it to show I own a copy.
R.I.P.
H. R. Giger
Matthew DeCostanza
Not a book of paintings- a collection of early works, drawings, interviews, ephemera and press releases. After I got over the disappointment of it being an "odd-and-ends" album, so to speak, I got pretty excited. Who can argue with anything involving H.R. Giger? He's a genius.

The early drawings, like something from Tex Avery or Art Spiegelman, are especially noteworthy. Possibly a bit heavy on his interior decoration for the most Catholic of us.
Sidney Knight
A beautiful glossy book revealing the man and his legacy in the art world. Expect to find his unbelievable and eerily real air brush paintings which were originally created in an effort to diminish his night terrors. A must have for fans of horror-erotica and nightmarish gothic surrealism.
CD
Not for the squeamish.

Very hardcore graphic art of a futuristic gothic nature with excursion towards the fetish.

The book may worth perusing just to change one's mind about 'interior decoration'. Who wouldn't like to visit Giger's museum bar???

Simon
Though it doesn't contain all his works, indispensible for his juvenilia and for some of the letters, interviews and accounts by the man himself.
June
Giger is my favorite artist on earth, and this is an amazing compilation of his works. (Made even better by the fact that I got it on sale.)
Corey
Jun 13, 2011 Corey rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: art
I love the artwork that came from the twisted mind of H.R. Giger... This is a nice coffe table book with alot of nice artwork within...
Amanda Platter
Book that features photos and reviews of Giger's work. Don't bother--stick with the real thing.
Daniel Williamson
One of my favourite art books about one of my favourite artists H. R Giger.
Renee
Found it in a bookstore at Half Moon Bay. Mostly creepy, mostly cool.
B
B marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Julie Devries
Julie Devries marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Jtumblepop
Jtumblepop marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Cem Can
Cem Can marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Zandrea
Zandrea marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
  • Une Semaine de Bonté
  • Unexpected Journeys: The Art and Life of Remedios Varo
  • J.W. Waterhouse
  • The Complete Woodcuts of Albrecht Dürer
  • Arcimboldo (Taschen Basic Art)
  • Alchemy & Mysticism
  • J.W. Waterhouse
  • Mind Fields: The Art of Jacek Yerka, The Fiction of Harlan Ellison
  • The Complete Illuminated Books
  • Icon
  • Amano: The Complete Prints
196979
Hans Ruedi Giger is an Academy Award-winning Swiss painter, sculptor, and set designer best known for his design work on the film Alien.
More about H.R. Giger...
H.R. Giger ARh+ H.R. Giger's Necronomicon Giger's Alien H.R. Giger's Necronomicon II H.R. Giger's Biomechanics