What Do You Love?

What Do You Love?

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Park slides and piggyback rides,
Full moons and silly tunes . . .

Join one mother and her little one as they share the day together singing songs, climbing trees, and playing games. Then cuddle up with someone dear to you and ask, what do you love?
Published October 1st 2000 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published 2000)

Sarah Sammis
Harriet is at that age where she wants to know why we are her parents. She's come to realize that there was a time when she and her brother didn't exist. In her version of the way things came to be: first we got married, then we decided to practice being parents by adopting Caligula cat, then we had Sean and then we were finally ready for Harriet.

With that in mind she is becoming interested in books about families. One of her recent reads to fulfill her interest in all things family was What Do...more
Cheryl in CC NV
Adorable. I especially liked that the activities the mom and child shared were inexpensive and healthy. I would totally love to hear children come up with their own lists. I would hesitate to use this in a pre-school, though, in case there were children who had such difficult home lives they felt left out by this.
Jocelin
The story is adorable and I love that whenever I read it to my kids (there are parts when it asks, "What do you love?") they giggle and shout out the many things that they love...too cute :)
Amber
This book is so sweet. I enjoy the large illustrations. I get giggles and smiles as I read it . When I get to the parts that ask "What do you love?" I really enjoy when my child shouts out things he loves as I read it to him. One of my favorites parts is "mud pies and Mommy's eyes." My sweet boy will reach up and touch my eyes .

Dolly
May 20, 2010 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: beginning readers and parents reading with them
Very sweet tale, with a sparse, rhyming text and colorful illustrations that show a Mommy dog and her pup spending the day together. It's an easy book for beginning readers and a fun book to read aloud together.
Shelly Lindsey
This book uses rhyming to talk about what they love. Great to have students discuss or write about what they love after.
Katie
This is my new favorite picture book. I love the rhyming text, the illustrations and the tenderness between mother and child.
Marilyn
Such a beautiful story of mamas and babies and how much there is to love in this world. One of my all-time faves.
Suzette
One of my favorite books to read to my children. Unlike some others, I never ever tire of this one!
Kim
VERY cute board book, my 1 year old looked at it again and again!
Feb 14, 2009 Laura rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Simple and beautiful. Not just a children's book. :)
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Susan Jones
Susan Jones marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Megan
Megan added it
Jun 17, 2014
Amanda
Amanda added it
Jun 16, 2014
Nataliya Trembach
Nataliya Trembach marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Zerlinna Teague
Zerlinna Teague marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Cindy
Cindy added it
Feb 08, 2014
Naomi
Naomi added it
Oct 15, 2013
Gb Wittstruck
Gb Wittstruck marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Jonathan London is the author of several celebrated children's books. His commitment to honoring the wonders of the natural world has been lauded by readers and critics alike. He is the author of more than 70 children's books, many of which are about nature. He's also the author of the popular Froggy series. He lives in Graton, California with his wife and two sons.
More about Jonathan London...
Froggy Gets Dressed Froggy Goes to School Froggy Learns to Swim Froggy's First Kiss Froggy's Sleepover