Start by marking “The Gnomewrench in the Dwarfworks” as Want to Read:
The Gnomewrench in the Dwarfworks

The Gnomewrench in the Dwarfworks (Gnomewrench #1)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  5 reviews
A displaced group of dwarves lend their considerable skills in metalworking to the war effort -- and prove that the biggest heroes of World War II are also the smallest.
Mass Market Paperback, 359 pages
Published July 1st 1999 by Ace (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Gnomewrench in the Dwarfworks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gnomewrench in the Dwarfworks

This was a neat fantasy novel with a really cool idea about dwarves manufacturing items during world war II. Our hero, a 4-F human salesman discovers their factory and trouble ensues. He discovers that the dwarves are entangled with a group of evil gnomes.

Okay, I don't want to ruin it for anyone. This book was fun, but very mediocre in its author's ability to further the plot and bring it to a satisfying conclusion. It had a few strong moments, but not enough to justify a 359 page novel.

I woul
Heather Pearson
this was a fun and totally amusing story
I've just finished reading this and, to be honest, am still not sure what I thought of it!! I did enjoy the read - the premise and plot was fun, entertaining and unique as far as I know. My only problem was the lack of twists and turns I like - this was a bit simple. The bit with Kristen and Grady's refusal of her was just confusing; no real explanantion was given for it. But I did like the book and will look out for other things by this author.
David Brawley
I really wanted to like this one more. It’s a concept that has a lot of potential, but the author just couldn’t pull it off. The best I can say about it is that he doesn’t screw it up, but he doesn’t do anything good with it either.

The characters are a little flat, and the pacing just seemed off. The evil gnomes... well, they aren’t really like any gnomes I know, more like little demons, and I kept getting the wrong mental image.
Elliot Jaffe
Nice book set in the US during WWII. Lots of engineering references and a melancholy storyline. I enjoyed reading it.
Ralph marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Ryan added it
Aug 16, 2015
Mevisen Tally
Mevisen Tally marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Timothy Anderson
Timothy Anderson marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Shanda marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
JR marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Steven West
Steven West marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Susan Pola Staples
Susan Pola Staples marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Lori marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Brian is currently reading it
Sep 28, 2015
Indigo Righter
Indigo Righter is currently reading it
Aug 17, 2013
Eveofbeef marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2013
Christine Flanigan
Christine Flanigan marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Nicholas Benjamin O’Donohoe. Born in 1952.
More about Nick O'Donohoe...

Gnomewrench (2 books)
  • The Gnomewrench in the Peopleworks
The Magic and the Healing (Crossroads, 1) Under the Healing Sign (Crossroads, 2) The Healing of Crossroads (Crossroads, 3) Too, Too Solid Flesh The Gnomewrench in the Peopleworks