Werewolf Rising

Werewolf Rising

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  126 ratings  ·  20 reviews
On the eve of Luc s thirteenth birthday, a man called Ranger offers him a horrifying, enticing truth: Luc is a shapeshifter, a werewolf. It s time to come home to his pack and to make his first change into wolf form. Luc is thrilled by his new powers and loves the community of the pack. But Luc s uncle wants to see the shapeshifters destroyed. How can Luc save his new fami...more
Published August 17th 2006 by Dutton Juvenile

Moon Called by Patricia BriggsCry Wolf by Patricia BriggsBitten by Kelley ArmstrongMagic Bites by Ilona AndrewsShiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Best Shapeshifter/Werewolf books
259th out of 873 books — 1,275 voters
Delirium by Lauren OliverCrescendo by Becca FitzpatrickSilence by Becca FitzpatrickClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareUnearthly by Cynthia Hand
The Best Book Titles
165th out of 296 books — 132 voters

More lists with this book...

Alana
Sep 03, 2010 Alana rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Alana by: the library
This is SUCH a good book! You learn a lot about werewolves--excuse me lycanthians--and you follow a new lycanthian. I love that you can actually see how they feel in their wolf form by the way Lafevers writes (tons of detail). READ THIS BOOK IF YOU LIKE WEREWOLVES!
Noelle
I don't abandon books very often. Usually I have to finish them no matter what. I easily put this one down :) (Actually I skimmed through it and read the final chapter.. I have to say I'm glad I didn't waste my time!)
Tucker
This adolescent werewolf, unaware of his true nature, is a slow runner in PE and has awkward fantasies of eating live squirrels. His pack rescues him from his mean human uncle and reveals his true nature to him. They have to worry about anti-werewolf "abolitionist execution squads." Supposedly the adolescent werewolves have to learn Latin because that's their real ancestral language, but they never actually speak it, and instead they use terms like alpha (Greek) and fenriki (from Fenris, a Norse...more
Nicholas
This was one of the best books I've read, simply for the story and history put into it. R.L. really matched the vision in my head of what Lycanthians are like-- surely not to be compared to the 'Spirit Warriors' of Twilight. Twilight is a series that is only popular because young teenage girls secretly want to become a vampire or werewolf and be loved by everyone.

But I digress, this isn't about a teeny-bopper book series-- it's about the wonderful world R.L. created for us to enjoy.

I picked the...more
Doreen
Read this as a possible way to engage with Y books for male readers interested in books like Twilight but not as romantic. The boy in this book is 13, so it may not appeal to my middle school readers, but it's shelved in Y in our system. Not sure what that will mean for circulation. It was a very quick read over 3 lunch breaks and a bit in the evening. Not my favorite, but I enjoyed some of the descriptions.
Savannah Ma
I usually try to finish books but I really hated this one from the very start. It was just so predictable I thought I was going to die from boredom. It was so stupid, and honestly if he had common sense he wouldn't leave with someone he just met. So so so stupid. I regret even trying to read this book.
Adam
when a teenage boy discovers the fact that hes a werewolf he goes to live with his lost uncle and pack of other werewolves. this was a very good book and was left open for a sequal. it had a nice pace of action, charcter development, and a good story. cant wait to read more book by this author
Brunbo1
An alright novel. It was skewered by a muddled plot and a hurried ending. It generally seemed like the clichéd "boy discovers that he's a werewolf and must fight the forces stirring within himself" story. It wasn't a good book, in my opinion, but some may like it.
Jordan
ARGH!!!! Darn you people. This book would'nt have gone out of print if you all were smart enought to go read it. This book is AMAZING.
Now, if you excuse me, I have to go hunt bookstores to see if I can find a copy stashed away somewhere.
Kendra
I think my students will enjoy this story, if only because the story is about werewolves. Unfortunately, I found the story not as sophisticated as I had hoped and the characters mainly one-dimentional.
Jessie
The cover really drew me to this book and I had been really looking forward to reading this one. I guess I should have listened and NOT judged this book by its cover.
Kristen Overman

To be completely honest, I hated this book! It was okay at first and then it was so boring!
Tory
I found this book a sale for $3 so for what I payed it was a good book. my brother read it and liked it
Moon
God this is a good book.What can I say?I juz love my books so almost all of them are gonna be good or great.
Anna
Wow, that was painfully bad. I stopped two thirds of the way through.
Tommy
I thought this book was spectacular! I really hope there's a sequel!
Lynn
Give to fans of Blood & Chocolate; Twilight
Joanna Han
easy read, but very interesting plot
Justin
Jun 23, 2011 Justin added it
wished it was longer
Grace
Alicee
Alicee marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Katie
Katie added it
Jul 20, 2014
Cheryl Kidwell
Cheryl Kidwell marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Winborneradio
Winborneradio marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
R.L. LaFevers (Robin Lorraine when she’s in really big trouble) grew up surrounded by shelves of old dusty books and a passel of brothers. She has also spent a large portion of her life being told she was making up things that weren’t there, which only proves she was destined to write fiction. She is the author of over fourteen books for young readers, including THEODOSIA AND THE SERPENTS OF CHAOS...more
More about R.L. LaFevers...
Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos (Theodosia Throckmorton, #1) Theodosia and the Staff of Osiris (Theodosia Throckmorton, #2) The Flight of the Phoenix (Nathaniel Fludd, Beastologist, #1) Theodosia and the Eyes of Horus (Theodosia Throckmorton, Book #3) Theodosia and the Last Pharaoh (Theodosia Throckmorton, #4)