Start by marking “My Name is Chloe (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Chloe, #1)” as Want to Read:
My Name is Chloe (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Chloe, #1)

My Name is Chloe (Diary of a Teenage Girl #6)

3.96  ·  Rating Details ·  1,390 Ratings  ·  68 Reviews
My Name is Chloe (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Chloe, Book 1)
Published January 1st 2003 by Multnomah

To ask other readers questions about My Name is Chloe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Name is Chloe

Heidi
Jan 17, 2009 Heidi rated it it was amazing
WOW! This author REALLY hit home. I think she stalked me and took my life as an example for this book. (At least the first part of it) Most certainly one of my all time favorites.
Allison
I hate to say this, but I actively disliked this book. If I wasn't reading it for a class, I would have put it down after the first page. I was really trying to keep an open mind since I don't read much Christian/Inspirational fiction, but I just couldn't ignore the poor quality of writing. The dialog felt soooo forced and stiff and…unnatural. And I really didn't buy Chloe's narrative voice. It felt too much like an author trying to fit certain themes into a character's mouth rather than the wor ...more
Nicole Edwards
Mar 19, 2015 Nicole Edwards rated it it was ok
*Review also on AwesomeBookNuts.blogspot.com.*

Being a Christian who doesn't read many YA Christian-themed books, I thought I'd give this a try. I maybe shouldn't have.

For starters, this book is really, very poorly written. It was cheesy and forced. Characters in this book didn't speak like normal people and just about all dialogue felt unnatural. The whole thing kind of felt like an after school special put on by a local preacher; "Hey kids, it's cool to be Christian! Just ask this punk rocker g
Jaedyn
Oct 15, 2010 Jaedyn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-quarter
Another really great book. This book is about a young girl who is sort of a rebel. She does what she want's and doesn't care for anything but herself. Chloe is a great guitar player, she plays and it's sort of her passion. Her friend does witchcraft, really scary, her friend believes that the witchcraft will make her life better, but so far she's snot doeing so good. One day when Chloe was walking in the cemetary she fell to her knees and asked God for forgivness and asked Christ to come into h ...more
Books and Literature for Teens
After reading the Kim series I decided to pick up a Chloe book.
Chloe looks like your average rebel: she's got piercings, dyed hair, and those black clothes. She freaks her mom out and makes others keep away. She likes being different, but now all she wants is a friend-and some answers.
But after a close encounter with God and meeting up with some "different" liking friends, wouldn't you know it? Chloe Miller is starting a rock band-but where is it going? All the way to stardom or just the neighb
Charlotte Analise
Nov 01, 2011 Charlotte Analise rated it it was amazing
this book is probably the best book I have read all year, I choice this book because I was browsing though the library and found this book, I was attracted to the front cover so I read the back and I could help myself, it is about a girl named Chloe who has gone though so much, lost everything and as soon as she is about to give up she is confronted by god, with her guitar in her hand she is determined to spread the word of god to other people who were in her shoes before god came alone and save ...more
Marklessgirl
Jun 16, 2015 Marklessgirl rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book! It is very interesting. This book has very dark topics in it,more then I was expecting but it wasn't bad. I love Chloe! She is my favorite of the "diary of a teenage girl"girls. I loved reading all of her poetry /prayers/songs! This book I feel like has a lot of set up for the next 3 books of series, but it is not so much that this feels like this is not even a book. It still feels like a book. I really related to Chloe like not 100% but a lot! I am excited to read the ...more
Alexa
Jul 31, 2010 Alexa rated it did not like it
Did not like it at all.. Talks about religion way to much, I felt like it was trying to shove it down my throat. That the book wanted me also to convert into a Christian.
A girl trying to figure out where she belongs. She lost all her friends, but then found a new crowd. Started a girl band and thinks Jesus/god is living her life.. That with Jesus in her heart .. Her life would be better.
Blahblahblah, boring .
Rachel
May 01, 2007 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any teenage girl
Shelves: totallyteenage
This was a really good book. Seriously, just like Who I Am, this book is written in diary form. It's really, really good.The book sorta starts with Chloe.....this teenage girl who has gone through alot of hurt and she's seen as rebellious. Through the help of her teenage mentor (Caitlin O' Conner who is Chloe's brother's ex-girlfriend), Chloe eventually becomes a Christian and decides to start a sort of punk rock band with her friends. Well, I'll stop there, but this is a really good book.
The one who laughs alot. :)
Nov 23, 2011 The one who laughs alot. :) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
It is a very good book! I read two capters in school, then i started reading it when i got home, and i couldent get my eyes away from it! I finished it that night. I was very dissapointed when my school library did not have the second one!
Gracie
Jul 18, 2011 Gracie rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was really good! it spoke alot about Chloes life as a christian and how it can change you and make you a beter person!! i read all of the Chloe series and fell in love with them!! :) :) :) all the books by melody carlson are really good :) :)
Sorina
Jul 16, 2010 Sorina rated it it was amazing
This book alone brought me closer to God it was something I desperately needed at the time and I am so thankful I found this book. Chloe's testimony and how she brought her friends to Christ was more of a lesson to me than I was willing to listen to at the time I was reading this book
Breana Hollis
Oct 15, 2012 Breana Hollis rated it it was amazing
I love this book, I mean there is only 1 thing different about the character and me other than appearance and that is she don,t like to have very close friends and i do, have anybody ever felt that way or whatever
Marie
May 10, 2012 Marie rated it really liked it
I loved this book! I really enjoyed the Caitlyn series and I was eager to start the Chloe series, and this book was so good! Chloe remind me of how I was before I was saved and ever a little of how I am now. I really love this and I'm excited to read the rest!
Stephanie
Mar 03, 2008 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
This book contains humor and a very good motivating message. it goes through the journey of a girl before Christ and after. It uses her and her friends to decifer life and the hardships. its an awesome quick read that has very humorous pieces to it.
Kimberly
May 15, 2011 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is one of my favorite books ever. When I first read it I was a teenager and related so closely to Chloe. Her frustrations and feeling lost, her conversion.... I latched on to this book. Now I'm enjoying following her journey with her band.
Autumn Pearson
Jul 01, 2013 Autumn Pearson rated it it was amazing
I loved it! I really like how it shows how drastically her life changes after she accepts God and how joyful she becomes from it!
kate meter
Apr 15, 2013 kate meter rated it it was amazing
this book is such an eyeopener. I learned so much about Christianity. MUST READ. so much about music and punks.
Jul 06, 2009 Laura rated it it was amazing
I really liked this one! Seeing Chloe grow, make friends, deal with absent parents; it was good. It'll be fun to read and find out what happens in the next books.
Morgan
Mar 27, 2010 Morgan rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: abby, mariah, libby
this was a really good book. it shows the spirtual ride of ups and downs with being a Christian. i love how Chloe is so commited to doing her best to live like Jesus.
Jerry
Sep 18, 2016 Jerry rated it really liked it
Chloe Miller has a crazy life, but she is a likable protagonist, and her first story is a triumph. I can't wait to read the remaining books in her part of the series.
Amy
May 03, 2008 Amy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Amy by: No one
This was shockingly good!! I loved watching the transformation of Chloe and how the world around her "changed" with her. Awesome book.
Anna Gibson
Jul 03, 2010 Anna Gibson rated it it was amazing
Awesome book! Loved it LOved it loved it! i cant find the second book though-i cant wait to read it!
Kayla Mannlein
Jan 07, 2013 Kayla Mannlein rated it it was amazing
I think this showed how hard it truly can be to be an individual in middle school and high school... what a nightmare!
Alice
Mar 23, 2010 Alice rated it it was amazing
Finding Jesus can solve your problems, not all since you have to be Christ-like to "make" it work.
Terri
Aug 21, 2012 Terri rated it it was amazing
easy read
Leslie
Oct 01, 2010 Leslie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone!
Wow What a great book! Love it!
Paul
Boreing......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Bailey Wenger
Jan 12, 2013 Bailey Wenger rated it really liked it
Shelves: preteen-fiction
Good book for the age group (pre-teen girls).
  • Kyra's Story (Degrees of Guilt #1)
  • Surprise Endings (Christy Miller, #4)
  • Purity Reigns (Laurel Shadrach, #1)
Melody Carlson is the award-winning author of over two hundred books, several of them Christmas novellas from Revell, including her much-loved and bestselling book, The Christmas Bus.

She also writes many teen books, including the Diary of a Teenage Girl series, the TrueColors series, and the Carter House Girls series.

Melody was nominated for a Romantic Times Career Achievement Award in the inspi
More about Melody Carlson...

Diary of a Teenage Girl (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Becoming Me (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #1)
  • It's My Life (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #2)
  • Who I Am (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #3)
  • On My Own (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #4)
  • I Do! (Diary of a Teenage: Caitlin, #5)
  • Sold Out (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Chloe, #2)
  • Road Trip (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Chloe, #3)
  • Face the Music (Diary of a Teenager Girl: Chloe, #4)
  • Just Ask (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Kim, #1)
  • Meant to Be (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Kim, #2)

“What if?..
What if I am all to see?
What if life is only this? And Ignorance is bliss?
What if love is only pain? And nothing can be gained by living everyday
And there is no better way?
What then?”