Start by marking “Stacey's Big Crush (The Baby-Sitters Club, #65)” as Want to Read:
Stacey's Big Crush (The Baby-Sitters Club, #65)

Stacey's Big Crush (The Baby-Sitters Club #65)

3.58  ·  Rating Details ·  1,069 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Stacey falls in love with the student teacher filling in for Mr. Zizmore.
Published June 1st 1993 by Scholastic Inc. (first published January 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Stacey's Big Crush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stacey's Big Crush

Ciara
Dec 14, 2010 Ciara rated it it was amazing
i had forgotten that this is totally one of my all-time favorite babysitters club books! i had forgotten due to the fact that the story is ridiculous & kind of icky. but peter lerangis worked magic with a premise that could have gone very bad.

so, we all know that stacey's main character trait, aside from being a sophisticated new yorker & having diabetes, is that she loves math. this book opens with stacey sitting in match class. she is having trouble concentrating because spring has onc
Laura Hughes
Jul 11, 2014 Laura Hughes rated it liked it
Shelves: babysitters-club
Stacey's got it bad, got it bad, got it bad. She's hot for teacher.

Stacey crushes hard for a Tom Cruise lookalike student math teacher, "Call Me Wes" Ellenburg; she takes his favor in class and his palling around with her and accepting her help with his filing as interest, and in a physically excruciating escalation, writes him a poem. Wes sort of ignores it, which gets Stacey’s hopes up even more, until he crushes them at the Spring Dance telling her outright that it’s never going to happen.

A s
Shira
Jun 29, 2016 Shira rated it liked it
this is my first time reading this book!

in this slightly creepy book by ghostwriter Peter Lerangis stacey has a crush on her math class's student teacher. this is no Dawn and the Older Boy-type situation or even a maige-type situation: this is a THIRTEEN YEAR OLD who is into a TWENTY TWO YEAR OLD. anyway, he obviously doesn't reciprocate, but he doesn't shoot stacey down as quickly and as explicitly as I would have liked. in a halfway annoying, halfway adorable subplot, we meet elvira stone, the
Claris
Jul 31, 2014 Claris rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people that has a crush on someone
This girl named Stacey who has a crush on her teacher!I learned that it's not a good idea to like your teacher,or older people because they are more mature than you and they have more experiences and it will really hurt you at the end!
Maria Elmvang
Sorry, just not believable. Getting a crush on a teacher? Sure. It's never happened to me, but I can see it happening. Actually acting on that crush at age 13? Uhm, no.
Kate
Dec 09, 2009 Kate rated it liked it
When does Stacey NOT have a crush on someone? And it's always an older someone. This girl needs to check her hormones at the door.
Sella Malin
Feb 22, 2008 Sella Malin rated it did not like it
didn't like these books much.
Kimberly
May 27, 2016 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
I can't believe that poem!
Kathryn Cooper
Jun 17, 2016 Kathryn Cooper rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review on Kathryn Cooper Writes

I didn’t read a lot growing up, but I was a huge fan of The Baby-Sitters Club. If I was going to read a book it would be one from Ann M. Martin’s huge row of options.

Stacey’s Big Crush is such a funny read. I loved reading it! This brought back so any memories of my younger years. I love that this was in junior high and full of a crush. I definitely had huge crushes while in junior high. The boys were never old enough to be a student teacher. Wow, Stacey had guts
April
May 01, 2013 April rated it really liked it

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Megan Rainbird

I reread this while I was at my Grandma's house, sorting through some of my childhood books I store in a spare cupboard of hers, and I'm so glad I did. The BSC books are all kind of ridiculous in a really nice, silly way, and this was absolutely no exception - it was such a fun reminder of why I loved them so much as a kid. Stacey fancies her maths teacher and the girls have to look after a baby goat?! What's not to love!

I'll definitely be picking up BSC again in the future, just cos n
Nancy
Jan 07, 2016 Nancy rated it liked it
Shelves: rereading
In which delusional Stacey thinks she has a chance with a student teacher. I love Stacey, but good god, child, get ahold of yourself! You're a child for fuck's sake! This man is not interested in you. This relationship would be very illegal. Like when Paige when after that student teacher on Degrassi. Degrassi goes there, but the BSC went there first.

Also, cover!Wes is pretty hot.
Allison Floyd
This one is bittersweet, it is. On the one hand it's one of the more hysterically funny (and this is deliberate, as best I can tell!) installments of the BSC; on the other, all aboard the SS Heartbreak! Stacey is much more endearing here than in, say, Stacey's Lie, and anyone who's ever been an obsessive creepwad will relate to her cognitive processes.

Is it pretentious to write "cognitive processes" when reviewing a BSC book?

Oh, well. Just don’t call me late for dinner.
Jennifer Cortes
Oct 30, 2007 Jennifer Cortes rated it liked it
Recommends it for: girls that like one of their teachers
i like this book because it talks about how a girl really likes her substitute teacher.that reminds me of me because in 5th grade i used to like my basketball coach.
Samama Reza
May 04, 2014 Samama Reza rated it liked it
This story was pretty good but with a sad ending. I felt very sad for Stacey after she got rejected by Wes. Poor girl
Rhiannon1220
Aug 06, 2008 Rhiannon1220 rated it really liked it
This whole series is great for girls between 11-15 years old. I read every last one of them as I was growing up.
jenn
Jul 14, 2009 jenn added it
Shelves: 2009
Stacey = hot for teacher. Hilarity ensues. Also, to change things up, they all had to sit for a baby goat, which honestly made me kind of jealous.
tasha
Feb 21, 2015 tasha rated it liked it
this is the second last of the bsc that I own apparently. and why tom cruise.... there's literally anyone else
Roxanne Converse
Roxanne Converse rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2009
Jennifer rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2012
Jenn
Jenn rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2009
Krystal
Krystal rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2010
Christina
Christina rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2009
Kae Motol
Kae Motol rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2013
Kara
Kara rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2011
Shivanee
Shivanee rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2013
Olivia
Olivia rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2008
  • Jessica's Secret (Sweet Valley Twins, #42)
  • Horse Sense (Saddle Club, #3)
  • Welcome to Junior High! (Girl Talk, #1)
  • Garfield Goes Bananas (Garfield #44)

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 132 books)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
  • Logan Likes Mary Anne! (The Baby-Sitters Club, #10)