Start by marking “Stacey's Big Crush (The Baby-Sitters Club, #65)” as Want to Read:
Stacey's Big Crush (The Baby-Sitters Club, #65)

Stacey's Big Crush (The Baby-Sitters Club #65)

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  934 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Stacey falls in love with the student teacher filling in for Mr. Zizmore.
Published June 1st 1993 by Scholastic Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Stacey's Big Crush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stacey's Big Crush

Ciara
i had forgotten that this is totally one of my all-time favorite babysitters club books! i had forgotten due to the fact that the story is ridiculous & kind of icky. but peter lerangis worked magic with a premise that could have gone very bad.

so, we all know that stacey's main character trait, aside from being a sophisticated new yorker & having diabetes, is that she loves math. this book opens with stacey sitting in match class. she is having trouble concentrating because spring has onc
Laura Hughes
Stacey's got it bad, got it bad, got it bad. She's hot for teacher.

Stacey crushes hard for a Tom Cruise lookalike student math teacher, "Call Me Wes" Ellenburg; she takes his favor in class and his palling around with her and accepting her help with his filing as interest, and in a physically excruciating escalation, writes him a poem. Wes sort of ignores it, which gets Stacey’s hopes up even more, until he crushes them at the Spring Dance telling her outright that it’s never going to happen.

A s
Kate
When does Stacey NOT have a crush on someone? And it's always an older someone. This girl needs to check her hormones at the door.
Claris
Mar 16, 2007 Claris rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people that has a crush on someone
This girl named Stacey who has a crush on her teacher!I learned that it's not a good idea to like your teacher,or older people because they are more mature than you and they have more experiences and it will really hurt you at the end!
Maria M. Elmvang
Sorry, just not believable. Getting a crush on a teacher? Sure. It's never happened to me, but I can see it happening. Actually acting on that crush at age 13? Uhm, no.
Sella Malin
didn't like these books much.
Samama Reza
This story was pretty good but with a sad ending. I felt very sad for Stacey after she got rejected by Wes. Poor girl
Megan Rainbird

I reread this while I was at my Grandma's house, sorting through some of my childhood books I store in a spare cupboard of hers, and I'm so glad I did. The BSC books are all kind of ridiculous in a really nice, silly way, and this was absolutely no exception - it was such a fun reminder of why I loved them so much as a kid. Stacey fancies her maths teacher and the girls have to look after a baby goat?! What's not to love!

I'll definitely be picking up BSC again in the future, just cos n
April

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Allison
This one is bittersweet, it is. On the one hand it's one of the more hysterically funny (and this is deliberate, as best I can tell!) installments of the BSC; on the other, all aboard the SS Heartbreak! Stacey is much more endearing here than in, say, Stacey's Lie, and anyone who's ever been an obsessive creepwad will relate to her cognitive processes.

Is it pretentious to write "cognitive processes" when reviewing a BSC book?

Oh, well. Just don’t call me late for dinner.
Nancy
In which delusional Stacey thinks she has a chance with a student teacher. Yeah, it's kinda creepy that Stace is lusting after her teacher, but I love her, so back off. Also, cover!Wes is pretty hot.
Jennifer Cortes
Oct 30, 2007 Jennifer Cortes rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: girls that like one of their teachers
i like this book because it talks about how a girl really likes her substitute teacher.that reminds me of me because in 5th grade i used to like my basketball coach.
jenn
Jul 14, 2009 jenn added it
Shelves: 2009
Stacey = hot for teacher. Hilarity ensues. Also, to change things up, they all had to sit for a baby goat, which honestly made me kind of jealous.
Rhiannon1220
This whole series is great for girls between 11-15 years old. I read every last one of them as I was growing up.
GraceWastheAnswer
It was okay. It was funny, but nothing really too iteresting happened.
Gabby
this is clearly a May-December crush kind of book it was interesting
Sally
Yeah, they're thirteen. This one was particularly dreadful!
Amy Holcomb
The Baby-sitters Club series was my favorite growing up! :)
Marijoy
HAHAHAHA THIS I LIKED THIS I REALLY REALLY LIKED
Pranali
stacey gets a crush on her teacher
Kerri
Kerri added it
Oct 23, 2014
Rhianna Neel
Rhianna Neel marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Judy
Judy marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
  • Jessica's Secret (Sweet Valley Twins, #42)
  • Horse Sense (Saddle Club, #3)
  • Welcome to Junior High! (Girl Talk, #1)
  • Changes for Kirsten: A Winter Story (American Girls: Kirsten, #6)
  • 15 Minutes
  • Happy Birthday, Molly: A Springtime Story (American Girls: Molly, #4)

More about Ann M. Martin...
Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1) A Dog's Life: The Autobiography of a Stray A Corner of the Universe The Doll People (Doll People, #1) The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)