Start by marking “The Blood of the Lamb” as Want to Read:
The Blood of the Lamb

The Blood of the Lamb

3.37 of 5 stars 3.37  ·  rating details  ·  136 ratings  ·  13 reviews
In an apocalyptic thriller, Father Peter Carenza learns that his extraordinary and seemingly miraculous powers to both heal and kill are the result of a Vatican-orchestrated scientific project to create the next Messiah, and becomes the center of a religious upheaval as he begins his own journey across America in a bitter confrontation with organized religion.
Mass Market Paperback, 421 pages
Published April 15th 1993 by Tor Books (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Blood of the Lamb, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blood of the Lamb

MontiLee Stormer
Meh. And I like Thomas Monteleone, but this booj left me a little empty. i think it was the idea that the Church would be so short-sighted (repeatedly) as to not head the warnings of the mother of their new Christ, . It would be like ignoring thr prophecies of Mother Theresa, had she only conveyed them to the Holy Father.

Watching Peter change from a man of God to a man of Power wasn't so much unsettling as it was extreme. We have a man who all of his life has done wonderful things in the name of
The book won the Horror Writer's of America "best novel" award for 1992. I'm not sure why. Perhaps the themes were new and exciting then, and the approach of the Millenium gave rise to theological fears which this book developed in an original manner. Today, this book reminds one of The Da Vinci Code in its use of nefarious Catholic organizations, wild chases by our innocent (or not so innocent) heroes due to supernatural or science-fiction inspired reasons, and the general ambience of mystic ph ...more
Ive read this book when i was in high school. That time it was a good read, but thats just me.
Intriguing premise. Fascinating characters. Twisting plot. But what I loved most about THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB was the way Thomas F. Monteleone kept me questioning. The moment I felt comfortable in my assumptions about characters, religion, or even where the story was going, he'd shake them up and raise another set of possibilities. If you prefer uncomfortable shades of gray to simple black and white (As I do!), this is the book for you!
Angela Garber
I was very deeply and seriously unimpressed by the ability of the book to capture the truly earth shattering experience this would have been if it had been written better. It was still a pleasant was but it never took me any place truly interesting.
Jan 23, 2008 Bill rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: horror
What a concept. Cloning the blood from the Shroud of Turin. For those who don't know,this is supposedly the shroud used to cover Jesus Christ after he was crucified.
This is a very engrossing and disturbing story with a great ending.
I know that I at least somewhat liked this book, but it took me so long to read it that I am left wondering just how much I really liked after all.
Melissa ownsbey
i am sorry to say i really did not like the book i did not win this book on good reads
I'm not Christian, but I enjoyed this story. Fan.Tas.Tic!

Great storyline. I like a more definite ending.
Richard Mulholland
Rob Smales
Rob Smales marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
Pete Mesling
Pete Mesling marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
Kaci marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
Raye added it
Oct 05, 2015
Cetro Rostov
Cetro Rostov marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
Kevin Mccallister
Kevin Mccallister marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
Dr marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Ed marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Paul marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Ben marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Ruth Krakosky
Ruth Krakosky marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Hannah marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Wrong description for book 3 16 Feb 04, 2014 08:00PM
  • Dead in the Water
  • The Night Class
  • Dread in the Beast
  • Crota: A Novel
  • Wither (Wendy Ward, #1)
  • Sineater
  • The Throat
  • Stained
  • The Manse
  • Damnable
  • Black Butterflies
  • The Gentling Box
  • Grave Markings
  • The Missing (Keeper, #2)
  • Creepers