Start by marking “The Blood of the Lamb” as Want to Read:
The Blood of the Lamb

The Blood of the Lamb

3.38  ·  Rating Details  ·  144 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
In an apocalyptic thriller, Father Peter Carenza learns that his extraordinary and seemingly miraculous powers to both heal and kill are the result of a Vatican-orchestrated scientific project to create the next Messiah, and becomes the center of a religious upheaval as he begins his own journey across America in a bitter confrontation with organized religion.
Mass Market Paperback, 421 pages
Published April 15th 1993 by Tor Books (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Blood of the Lamb, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blood of the Lamb

MontiLee Stormer
Aug 11, 2008 MontiLee Stormer rated it liked it
Meh. And I like Thomas Monteleone, but this booj left me a little empty. i think it was the idea that the Church would be so short-sighted (repeatedly) as to not head the warnings of the mother of their new Christ, . It would be like ignoring thr prophecies of Mother Theresa, had she only conveyed them to the Holy Father.

Watching Peter change from a man of God to a man of Power wasn't so much unsettling as it was extreme. We have a man who all of his life has done wonderful things in the name of
Nick
Apr 09, 2009 Nick rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy
The book won the Horror Writer's of America "best novel" award for 1992. I'm not sure why. Perhaps the themes were new and exciting then, and the approach of the Millenium gave rise to theological fears which this book developed in an original manner. Today, this book reminds one of The Da Vinci Code in its use of nefarious Catholic organizations, wild chases by our innocent (or not so innocent) heroes due to supernatural or science-fiction inspired reasons, and the general ambience of mystic ph ...more
Ryan
Jul 05, 2014 Ryan rated it it was amazing
Ive read this book when i was in high school. That time it was a good read, but thats just me.
Tori
Apr 01, 2015 Tori rated it it was amazing
Intriguing premise. Fascinating characters. Twisting plot. But what I loved most about THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB was the way Thomas F. Monteleone kept me questioning. The moment I felt comfortable in my assumptions about characters, religion, or even where the story was going, he'd shake them up and raise another set of possibilities. If you prefer uncomfortable shades of gray to simple black and white (As I do!), this is the book for you!
Caryn
Jan 17, 2009 Caryn rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror, suspense
Lynn Orser
Jan 19, 2016 Lynn Orser rated it really liked it
Shelves: other
It is difficult to categorize this book. I originally thought of horror but that did not seem correct. This is a very interesting book and if you know your religion it is fascinating to consider where the author is going and the outcome of the story. Enjoy.
Angela Garber
Jun 04, 2013 Angela Garber rated it liked it
I was very deeply and seriously unimpressed by the ability of the book to capture the truly earth shattering experience this would have been if it had been written better. It was still a pleasant was but it never took me any place truly interesting.
Bill
Jan 23, 2008 Bill rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
What a concept. Cloning the blood from the Shroud of Turin. For those who don't know,this is supposedly the shroud used to cover Jesus Christ after he was crucified.
This is a very engrossing and disturbing story with a great ending.
Amanda
Jun 10, 2010 Amanda rated it liked it
I know that I at least somewhat liked this book, but it took me so long to read it that I am left wondering just how much I really liked after all.
Melissa ownsbey
Apr 22, 2012 Melissa ownsbey rated it did not like it
i am sorry to say i really did not like the book i did not win this book on good reads
Kenji
Jul 22, 2008 Kenji rated it it was amazing
I'm not Christian, but I enjoyed this story. Fan.Tas.Tic!

Vicky
Oct 12, 2011 Vicky rated it really liked it
Great storyline. I like a more definite ending.
Richard Mulholland
Jun 14, 2010 Richard Mulholland rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
Alejandro
Jul 01, 2010 Alejandro rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
basura literaria
Shaun Rolen
Shaun Rolen marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
jimmie maspero
jimmie maspero marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Denisse Ascencio
Denisse Ascencio is currently reading it
Jul 22, 2016
Ilina Momcheva
Ilina Momcheva is currently reading it
Jul 22, 2016
PSXtreme
PSXtreme marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Lori Stevenson
Lori Stevenson marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Suzanne E
Suzanne E marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Luis Moraes-Stein
Luis Moraes-Stein marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Russ Normandy
Russ Normandy rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2016
Oscar Bustamante
Oscar Bustamante marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Cobagibu
Cobagibu marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Walter Przybylowski
Walter Przybylowski marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Honor
Honor rated it did not like it
May 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Wrong description for book 3 16 Feb 05, 2014 05:00AM
  • Dead in the Water
  • The Night Class
  • Dread in the Beast
  • Crota: A Novel
  • Wither (Wendy Ward, #1)
  • Sineater
  • The Throat
  • The Manse
  • Stained
  • Damnable
  • The Gentling Box
  • Black Butterflies
  • Grave Markings
  • The Missing (Keeper, #2)
  • Creepers