Start by marking “The Crown of Zeus (The Library of Athena, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Crown of Zeus (The Library of Athena, #1)

The Crown of Zeus (The Library of Athena #1)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Which is worse: Having to start life over, or being eaten by a Minotaur? The Library of Athena, Book One Thirteen-year-old Megan Montgomery s world is falling apart. Her father s promotion means leaving her whole life in New York behind. She finds herself transplanted to a huge, lonely manor house in the English countryside, with no one for company but the distant staff. H ...more
Published December 1st 2008 by Samhain Publishing (first published February 19th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Crown of Zeus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Crown of Zeus

Michael Offutt
What Ms. Norris has created in these books reminds me of the Librarian movies that star Noah Wylie. The only difference is that we have a young protagonist and young sidekicks and the setting is British instead of American. Fair enough.

As I finished the book I thought to myself that this thing could potentially go on for as long as the writer wanted to milk the franchise. She's got it set up so that there's a magical library and hidden within the pages of magical books are magical objects of gre
Bitten_by_Books
A move to England ends life as teenager Megan knows it. Uprooted from all that is familiar she struggles to find her feet. Living in the local haunted house invites curiosity and then friendship with a group of girls from school...

For the entire review please go to the Best Paranormal & Urban Fantasy Review site on the web, Bitten By Books for the review of The Crown of Zeus in it's entirety. You won't be sorry.

Jamie S.
The cover looks a bit immature, but the book itself is really good, as is its sequels. This one probably appeals to the widest audience as it deals with Greek mythology, and the others follow different myths that are (perhaps) less familiar to people. Still, they are all easy to follow, so even with no prior knowledge in the mythology, you can still have a good read!
Shannon McGee
The book is action packed and flows pretty smoothly. Megan and her friends are thrown quickly into a world of adventure. I like that it was about mythology, but I'm more interested in what the other books in the series will be like because a lot of people have done the Greek theme, and those other books promise to explore less traveled territory.

I am giving this 4 stars. Not five because in some places it rushed the scenes together a little. If I could I would give 4.5 stars. Overall the adventu
Danielle
While this is definitely and clearly a novel meant for younger readers that in no way detracted from my enjoyment of the book. The characters were well-developed, the concept interesting and original, and the mythology well incorporated. Just waiting for the Ankh of Isis now!
girl writing
Feb 20, 2012 girl writing marked it as did-not-finish
Christine Norris
Jan 10, 2009 Christine Norris rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Also wrote this book. It's very good, so I give myself four stars. :)
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Foggygirl
Foggygirl marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Queenk
Queenk marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
May
May marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Min
Min marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Caterina
Caterina marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Nicoleta Mocanu
Nicoleta Mocanu marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Derrick
Derrick marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Taaahaaa Rehaaan
Taaahaaa Rehaaan marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Zeeba
Zeeba marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2013
Varshini
Varshini marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
Kirsten Frank
Kirsten Frank marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2013
parthenos
parthenos marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2013
Jerimiah Miranda
Jerimiah Miranda marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Christine Norris is the author of several works for children and adults, including the Library of Athena series and the Zandria duology. When she’s not out saving the world one story at a time, she is disguised as a mild mannered substitute teacher, mother, and wife. She cares for her family of one husband-creature, a son-animal, and two felines who function as Guardian of the Bathtub and Official ...more
More about Christine Norris...

The Library of Athena (4 books)
  • The Ankh of Isis (The Library of Athena, #2)
  • The Mirror of Yu-Huang (The Library of Athena, #3)
  • The Sword of Danu (The Library of Athena, #4)
The Ankh of Isis (The Library of Athena, #2) Talisman of Zandria The Mirror of Yu-Huang (The Library of Athena, #3) Return to Zandria The Sword of Danu (The Library of Athena, #4)