Start by marking “The Crown of Zeus (The Library of Athena, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Crown of Zeus (The Library of Athena, #1)

The Crown of Zeus (The Library of Athena #1)

Which is worse: Having to start life over, or being eaten by a Minotaur? The Library of Athena, Book One Thirteen-year-old Megan Montgomery s world is falling apart. Her father s promotion means leaving her whole life in New York behind. She finds herself transplanted to a huge, lonely manor house in the English countryside, with no one for company but the distant staff. H ...more
Published December 30th 2008 by Samhain Publishing (first published February 19th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Crown of Zeus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Crown of Zeus

Michael Offutt
Sep 19, 2011 Michael Offutt rated it really liked it
What Ms. Norris has created in these books reminds me of the Librarian movies that star Noah Wylie. The only difference is that we have a young protagonist and young sidekicks and the setting is British instead of American. Fair enough.

As I finished the book I thought to myself that this thing could potentially go on for as long as the writer wanted to milk the franchise. She's got it set up so that there's a magical library and hidden within the pages of magical books are magical objects of gre
Bitten_by_Books
Jan 09, 2009 Bitten_by_Books rated it really liked it
Shelves: shona
A move to England ends life as teenager Megan knows it. Uprooted from all that is familiar she struggles to find her feet. Living in the local haunted house invites curiosity and then friendship with a group of girls from school...

For the entire review please go to the Best Paranormal & Urban Fantasy Review site on the web, Bitten By Books for the review of The Crown of Zeus in it's entirety. You won't be sorry.

Jamie S.
May 06, 2011 Jamie S. rated it really liked it
The cover looks a bit immature, but the book itself is really good, as is its sequels. This one probably appeals to the widest audience as it deals with Greek mythology, and the others follow different myths that are (perhaps) less familiar to people. Still, they are all easy to follow, so even with no prior knowledge in the mythology, you can still have a good read!
Shannon McGee
Jan 11, 2009 Shannon McGee rated it really liked it
The book is action packed and flows pretty smoothly. Megan and her friends are thrown quickly into a world of adventure. I like that it was about mythology, but I'm more interested in what the other books in the series will be like because a lot of people have done the Greek theme, and those other books promise to explore less traveled territory.

I am giving this 4 stars. Not five because in some places it rushed the scenes together a little. If I could I would give 4.5 stars. Overall the adventu
Danielle
Feb 13, 2009 Danielle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novels
While this is definitely and clearly a novel meant for younger readers that in no way detracted from my enjoyment of the book. The characters were well-developed, the concept interesting and original, and the mythology well incorporated. Just waiting for the Ankh of Isis now!
girl writing
Feb 20, 2012 girl writing marked it as did-not-finish
Ed Pike
Ed Pike rated it really liked it
May 11, 2014
Jenn
Jenn rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2009
Grace Novelli
Grace Novelli rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2011
Pam Desmond
Pam Desmond rated it liked it
Dec 04, 2011
Kim Baccellia
Kim Baccellia rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2008
Patty
Patty rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2009
Lila
Lila rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2012
Christine Norris
Jan 10, 2009 Christine Norris rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Also wrote this book. It's very good, so I give myself four stars. :)
Kathryn
Kathryn rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2009
Chelle
Chelle rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2008
Martha
Martha rated it it was ok
Aug 08, 2011
Lindsey Poche
Lindsey Poche rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2015
Susan Koetitz
Susan Koetitz rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2016
Dark Quest Books
Dark Quest Books rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2013
Elaine
Elaine rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2012
George
George rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2011
Marie Scarboro
Marie Scarboro rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2015
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2011
Mike
Mike rated it liked it
May 24, 2012
Margaret Pemberton
Margaret Pemberton rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2014
Annette
Annette rated it really liked it
May 19, 2014
Christine Norris
Jan 06, 2009 Christine Norris rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Charlie Dean
Charlie Dean rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2011
Bethany
Bethany rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2013
Christine Norris is the author of several works for children and adults, including the Library of Athena series and the Zandria duology. When she’s not out saving the world one story at a time, she is disguised as a mild mannered substitute teacher, mother, and wife. She cares for her family of one husband-creature, a son-animal, and two felines who function as Guardian of the Bathtub and Official ...more
More about Christine Norris...

The Library of Athena (4 books)
  • The Ankh of Isis (The Library of Athena, #2)
  • The Mirror of Yu-Huang (The Library of Athena, #3)
  • The Sword of Danu (The Library of Athena, #4)