Start by marking “Hidden Moon (Nightcreature, #7)” as Want to Read:
Hidden Moon (Nightcreature, #7)

Hidden Moon (Nightcreature #7)

4.04  ·  Rating Details ·  1,276 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
He's got a secret...
Claire Kennedy left Lake Bluff, Georgia, for the bright lights of Atlanta and a promising career in journalism. Now, recovering from a cruel betrayal, she's back in the one place she always felt safe, starting over as Lake Bluff's new mayor. But then trouble comes to town in the form of Malachi Cartwright, a man whose past is as mysterious as his pres
Published July 31st 2007 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published September 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Hidden Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden Moon

♛ Garima ♛

Reading these novels - reminds me of Good old days!

Remember when Internet was just come into our life and we used pay ‘cyber cafes’ in order to use it, on hourly basis! I was in college then and it was such a blast….

I don’t know why I remember old days, maybe because small town tales, mature and aged hero or quite and simple life….mebe…

This is story of small town, its residents and their mayor Clair Kennedy. Of course, you have to throw Gypsies, werewolf and other paranormal elements into mix t
Michelle
Gypsies show up at the Full Moon festival in a small town in Georgia--real gypsies complete with horse-drawn wagons, fortune telling and an unparalleled wild animal show. Unfortunately, people start dying at the same time--dying with their throats torn out as by some wild animal. Claire was a journalist in Atlanta before her world fell apart and she returned to her home town for her father's funeral and then took up his job as mayor. Now she has to figure out what's going on before there are mor ...more
Sep 14, 2009 Sarah rated it really liked it
I think I may have enjoyed this one the best. I really liked Mal and Claire. I thought the Gypsies were neat and Claire's story was compelling. I kind of wish there had been more detail and conflict with Logan - not that I liked him, I totally hated him - but more of the story could have made me feel more for Claire. Good story though. I liked it a lot.
Nina
Mar 19, 2011 Nina rated it it was amazing
From one of my favorite series.
Jessica
Jan 13, 2011 Jessica rated it it was amazing
My favorite book of her series!
Dine Danne
Sep 05, 2011 Dine Danne rated it it was amazing
Claire, von zu Hause geflohen um ihr Leben in einer Großstadt allein auf die Reihe zu bekommen, kehrt durch einen Schicksalsschlag in ihre Heimat zurück: der Tod ihres Vaters. Dass sie dadurch sein Amt als Bürgermeister von Lake Bluff übernimmt, ist für sie anfänglich enorm schwierig, mit all den übertriebenen Problematiken. Nicht umsonst hatte sie dem Kleinstadtleben den Rücken gekehrt. Aber ihr verstorbener Vater ist nicht der einzige Grund, weshalb sie zurückkommt. Auch ein Erlebnis, welches ...more
Maura
Ally
Aug 11, 2010 Ally rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
Maybe it wasn't the best idea to buy a book right in the middle of a series but it was a werewolf story and I couldn't resist. I also haven't read a Lori Handeland story before so I thought I'd give it ago.

Claire Kennedy left Lake Bluff, Georgia, for the bright lights of Atlanta and a promising career in journalism. Now, recovering from a cruel betrayal, she’s back in the one place she always felt safe, starting over as Lake Bluff’s new mayor. But then trouble comes to town in the form of Malach
Jane Stewart
Sep 16, 2010 Jane Stewart rated it it was ok
Gerd
Sep 01, 2010 Gerd rated it liked it
Shelves: shapeshifters
Theresa
Feb 16, 2015 Theresa rated it it was ok
Claire returns home for her father’s funeral and takes over his job a mayor of a tiny town in the mountains of Georgia. Then a band of gypsies arrive as entertainment at the town’s yearly Full Moon festival and things get complicated.

There must be a lack or males in Lake Bluff since both the mayor and sheriff are female. Not that they can’t be but they usually aren’t, especially in a small town. But a guess Claire and Grace are perfect for it because they fight like siblings and politicians.

T
Kim
Jan 23, 2016 Kim rated it it was amazing
He 19s got a secret...
Claire Kennedy left Lake Bluff, Georgia, for the bright lights of Atlanta and a promising career in journalism. Now, recovering from a cruel betrayal, she 19s back in the one place she always felt safe, starting over as Lake Bluff 19s new mayor. But then trouble comes to town in the form of Malachi Cartwright, a man whose past is as mysterious as his present 14a man who awakens something dangerous in sensible, realistic Claire.

That leaves her hungry for more
When a tourist c
Nytetyger
Nov 01, 2009 Nytetyger rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2009-challenge
Sometimes I wonder why I need to read the entirety of a series; in this case I know it was in the hopes it would return to the well written series it was before it became the sex series it is now. This one is with an immortal gypsy and his magical band of rom, people who die in nasty throat-ripped-out ways, a corrupt politician who forced sex on his girlfriend who is now a mayor of a small southern town, a snarky powerful female Sheriff who was once the new mayors bff. And yes, before you wonder ...more
Lindsay
Feb 28, 2012 Lindsay rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
I was surprised by this book. My friend has been telling me to read it since January, and I kept putting it off because I’m not a werewolf fan.

The book did start off a little slow for me, but I chalk that up to not being a werewolf fan. I wasn’t giving it my full attention.

Even though the book had werewolves, that wasn’t a predominant aspect, which I loved. The book flowed nicely and had a little mystery of who the werewolf was.

I have a lot of respect for Claire for what she went through with
Viccy
Dec 07, 2010 Viccy rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Claire Kennedy left Lake Bluff GA for a career in journalism in Atlanta. After being raped, she returns to Lake Bluff to hide out and recover. She ends up as mayor by default because her father died in office and the Town Council asks her to fill out his term. Her former best friend is the police chief, so Claire and Grace McDaniel are buy trying to organize and run the annual Lake Bluff Hidden Moon Festival. Claire's assistant, Joyce, has hired a troop of gypsies to entertain the festival but t ...more
Deirdre
Dec 14, 2009 Deirdre rated it really liked it
Shelves: fromlibrary
Claire Kennedy left Lake Bluff, Georgia for Atlanta, now, she's moved back, a little older and a lot wiser, and determined not to let another person break her heart. She's also determined to make a success of the job of Mayor, stepping into her fathers footsteps isn't the easiest of tasks.

Malachi Cartwright is a gipsy, part of a troupe brought in for an annual festival, and she's quite attracted to him, as he appears to be to her.

Then there's a tourist found mauled by, he claims, a wolf, somethi
Patrice
Jan 20, 2011 Patrice rated it liked it
Well this trilogy is in Georgia. I thought that it might focus on Cherokee folklore, but to my surprise it centered around the Rom (better known as Gypsies). I'm not sure about the accuracy of the cultural references but I believe that Handeland does research the books she writes. The heroine was a bit different. Normally she starts with a strong and determined main character, but this one grows into a bit. I didn't really take as much of an interest in these characters plight, although the reso ...more
Michelle
Jan 07, 2013 Michelle rated it really liked it

I do like Lori's series. (Having said that, I'm rather pleased the 'cranky, old man' only rears his head in the final chapter!)

This is a fun story. I don't know why, the characters just don't seem to have been as thoroughly developed as they usually are.

Having said that, I did still enjoy the story - I just don't think it will make my re-read list. The book definitely adds to the 'Handeland mythology', without being an intregal part of the overall arc.

Gotta add - Mal is HOT!
Robyn
Very Good!! This was another of those "can't put down" books for me. I read it in less than 3 days. I only gave it 4 stars since the beginning was a bit confusing because of some errors in the writing. After the shifty start, I just couldn't get enough of this book. I couldn't figure out who the werewolf was either. I had many suspicions ... but definitely didn't expect the end result.

p.s. the guy on the cover looks NOTHING like the main character ... why do they even bother? The book cover art
Sally
Sep 02, 2009 Sally rated it liked it
Not a bad novel. Good love scenes. Not the best I've read in this genre, but entertaining and not a bad story line. The hero is charismatic, but I couldn't get very interested in the main character. I will read more from this author, paricularly from the Phoenix series to see if she's worth the reading.
Natalie
Dec 01, 2011 Natalie rated it liked it
This was definitely your typical Paranormal Romance! Human woman falls for Unknown Species man, they encounter trials and tribulations, they work through it together while having hot sex to overcome all the difficulties and they live happily ever after. Well written but nothing new here. I like Lori's other series about Liz Phoenix.
Susan
Aug 24, 2011 Susan rated it liked it
Hot sex, nasty people, werewolves, throw in some Gypsies (Irish travelers to be more exact). Who's doing the killing and creating more werewolves? Getting more formula with each book. Lots of red herrings in this one though.
SJuhl4
Mar 03, 2011 SJuhl4 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, nook
It seems that just one you think her series has lost its umph - she comes out with another great one. Now in the south, the traveling gypsy's added tremendous appeal. Another great book by Lori Handeland.
MrsB.
Apr 07, 2011 MrsB. rated it really liked it
My personal favourite of the series so far! Lori Handeland's down-to-earth-writing of a fantasy book is refreshing. As is her humor. This one has a lot of it, along with a couple with sizzling chemistry and an interesting story around gypsies. Two thumbs up for this book!
Bren
Sep 12, 2007 Bren rated it liked it
This was my first from Ms. Handeland. Once again, I wasn't aware it was a series book, so I am going to be looking for the past books. I really enjoyed it. It was full of action like most I read, but it was good. I really enjoyed it.
Jessica
Jan 14, 2009 Jessica rated it liked it
I love this series, however this book was so so to me. I read it but it wasn't exciting. Unfortunately the next book's main character is a character from this book. I hope that it is better than this one was.
melissa
Oct 17, 2007 melissa rated it really liked it
A great new edition to the Nightcreature series. At times, the main characters past was, personally, a bit hard to read. I would caution those that have issues with rape or rape recovery to be expecting some difficult reading.
Tasneem
Jun 07, 2011 Tasneem rated it really liked it
I love Handeland. Her world, her characters are so interesting. The passion is hot and the paranormal element so interesting too. I loved the weaving in of the Native American myths, with stories of the Nazi experiements.
Catherine
Thought these would be repetitive but much to my enjoyment they each intorduce a new "bad guy" What will she think of next??
Mo
Jun 10, 2008 Mo rated it liked it
Really quite good. I've been reading a ton of this stuff lately (it's like caaaanday) so I've gotten jaded...this surprised me. A lot of folklore and interesting details. I'll be looking for more.
  • Ghost Moon (Moon #7)
  • Timeless Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #6)
  • Moon Fever (Includes: Primes, #6.5)
  • The Cursed One (Wild Wulfs of London, #3)
  • The Redeeming (Immortals, #5)
  • Bound by Light (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #3)
  • To Crave a Blood Moon (Moon Chasers, #3)
  • Soul Song (Dirk and Steele,  #6)
  • The Ravening (Blood Moon, #3)
  • Awaiting the Moon
Lori Handeland has written over fifty novels, novellas and short stories in several genres--historical, contemporary, series and paranormal romance, as well as urban fantasy--for such publishers as: Dorchester, Kensington, Harlequin, St. Martin’s Press, Harper-Collins, Simon and Schuster and Penguin/Putnam

She is a New York Times, USA Today, Waldenbooks and Bookscan Bestselling Author and the recip
More about Lori Handeland...

Nightcreature (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Blue Moon (Nightcreature, #1)
  • Hunter's Moon (Nightcreature, #2)
  • Dark Moon (Nightcreature, #3)
  • Crescent Moon (Nightcreature, #4)
  • Midnight Moon (Nightcreature, #5)
  • Rising Moon (Nightcreature, #6)
  • Thunder Moon (Nightcreature, #8)
  • Marked by the Moon (Nightcreature, #9)
  • Moon Cursed (Nightcreature, #10)
  • Crave The Moon (Nightcreature, #11)