Start by marking “Vintage” as Want to Read:
Vintage

Vintage

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  128 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Madeleine Arsenault, Christina Morgan and Kelly Elson are three women who dared to make it in a man's world. Swept into a world of feuds, back-stabbing, sabotage and seduction, have they got what it takes to survive? There's more than just reputations at stake.
Published July 1st 2008 by Hodder & Stoughton (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Vintage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vintage

Vanessa
Very good! I just was a bit upset at the ending
Chloe
Vintage follows three women who enter the man’s world of wine-making, well champagne making to be exact. Madeleine Arsenault is the daughter of a French champagne-maker, and is left his vineyard when he dies. Madeleine wants to produce a vintage wine of her own, and is determined to prove her critics, who don’t believe a woman can create a great wine, wrong and to rise to the top of her game.

Kelly Elson, a chambermaid in a hotel is also left a vineyard in a will, but unlike Madeleine, she doesn’
Libby Waterford
Entertaining but a tad disappointing. Didn't love the way she wrapped up all the story lines. The women all seemed to grow and end up with the right guys, but what was the deal with Axel?
Gemma
I bought this book for a salacious beach read but ended up enjoying the plot, the characters and learning about wine making more than the raunchier parts of the book. The plot follows three different women - one young English girl, a French woman who works in finance and an American supermodel - as they struggle to make a mark in the world of sparkling wines. It starts a little slowly but the plot is well formed and it becomes un-put-downable by the end. Overall, a fun and raunchy read with lots ...more
Redfox5
Who would have thought Champagne could be so exciting? This was the kind of book that kept pulling me back to it despite the callings from the internet and the playstation. I got swept up in the competition and the best girl won :) However I don't feel that one of the characters got his just desserts but maybe Olivia Darling was leaving that open for another book. I hope so. I would certainly read a sequel.
Holly
For a salacious read, this was quite well-written and researched. I enjoyed reading this escapist novel about women, wine-making, and competition. The author does know how to talk about wine. Warning - the sex scenes are graphic so I wouldn't share this with teen readers. Many people would probably consider this a beach read.
Karen
Very entertaining beach-read pitting 3 burgeoning vineyards, one each in France, England and Napa against each other to produce an award-winning sparkling wine. Lots of skullduggery and wrangling for power/position & winning a bet with a large sum attached, ensues.
Shelby Aldous
I loved it! It was cleverly written in that it could link the four main characters stories together through methods and other characters. Alas, the whole book and individual stories relating to champagne and wine is unique and interesting! recommend!
Aileen
I did not think I was going to like this book, it was very slow to
begin with however throughout the book, it did get better, and I was
desperate to finish it to see what would happen. Definitely recommend.

Janusch
As far as chick lit goes, this is a pretty good book, dealing with themes a little more varied (and interesting) than the regular, straightforward girl-meets-boy stuff.
Robin
Feb 06, 2010 Robin marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This appears to be a beach read extraordinaire! And, among all the glitz, glamour, and backstabbing, one might learn something about the culture of champagne.
Tylar
I am not big on wine and champagne, but other than that this book was not bad. I would not recommend this to anyone though.
B
Good chick lit. Easy to read and follow but nothing intense or requiring alot of brain power.
Tanja
Feb 16, 2012 Tanja rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
Read the German version of this. Summary on here makes it sound much more exciting.
Julie Hobbs
Julie Hobbs marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Eva
Eva marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Jo Woolf
Jo Woolf marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Aimee
Aimee added it
Jul 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Filthy Rich. Wendy Holden
  • Vengeance
  • Wicked! (Rutshire Chronicles #8)
  • The Accidental Proposal (Ed & Dan, #3)
  • The Flirt
  • Adored
  • The Decision
  • Naked Truths
  • Jane Eyre / Les Hauts de Hurle-Vent / Agnes Grey
Thirty-three year old Olivia Darling was born and raised in the West of England.

At the age of eighteen she met an Italian art student in St. Ives and ran away to Tuscany in hot pursuit of him.

The love affair didn’t last but Olivia’s sojourn in Montepulciano inspired a much more enduring passion for Vino Nobile that soon became a fascination with viticulture.

She was thrilled and amazed to be made
More about Olivia Darling...
Priceless Temptation Indulge Your Desires: The Olivia Darling 3-Book Bundle - Vintage, Priceless, Temptation Indulge your desires: the Olivia Darling 3-Book Bundle - Vintage, Priceless, Temptation Priceless