Start by marking “The Body Shape Bible: Forget Your Size Discover Your Shape Transform Yourself” as Want to Read:
The Body Shape Bible: Forget Your Size Discover Your Shape Transform Yourself

The Body Shape Bible: Forget Your Size Discover Your Shape Transform Yourself

3.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  141 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
WHICH BODY SHAPE ARE YOU? Skittle, Goblet, Hourglass, Cornet, Cello, Apple, Column, Bell, Vase, Brick, Lollipop or Pear ...Forget your size. Discover your shape. Transform yourself. The key to looking fabulous lies in your shape, not your size. Join style gurus Trinny & Susannah as they reveal their revolutionary new concept in dressing for your body shape. Discover th ...more
Published April 5th 2008 by Phoenix (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd ) (first published September 18th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Body Shape Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Body Shape Bible

Tara Calaby
Jul 17, 2013 Tara Calaby rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fashion
The biggest issue with this is that, for a big book, very little of it will apply to each reader. Once you've worked out which of the twelve body types you are, there are only a few pages devoted to how you should dress that type. Still a fun read, though, as all T&S books are.
Elaine
Jan 02, 2016 Elaine rated it liked it
Shelves: clothes
Nice illustrations -- elucidating photos of real people dressed either very incorrectly or very correctly for their body type.
Unfortunately, the book is not useful unless you feel you can confidently identify your body type. I narrowed down my possible shapes to just two, then had some trouble. I didn't go so far as to attempt this process with a friend (as suggested), which might have made it easier. I ended up turning to online resources, and after a while figured things out....
Whether the boo
Natasha
I quite enjoyed this book; it contains lots of helpful advice on the kinds of clothes that are flattering for your figure and also the types of clothes to steer clear from. Every body shape chapter contains real life examples of people who have the relevant body shape wearing both flattering and unflattering clothes, which really helps put Trinny and Susannah's advice into perspective. Also, it stresses a very important point: your body shape should matter more than your dress size when you are ...more
Sally
I loved this book. It's got pragmatic advice to show women of all shapes and sizes how to dress to look good as they are, without having to cave to ridiculous media drive pressure to be skinny. It also validated my own irritations at not being able to buys clothes to fit and was worth it for that alone for me.

There are illustrations of well known women of all shapes and sizes showing them looking good and also what really are terrible fashion disasters of the sort that happen when you try to emu
LadyS
it is ignorant to go through life believing one can wear anything they want. Fashion designers obviously designed certain clothes with a type of body in mind. Trinny and Susannah really break it down and help an ignoramus know what is flattering vs what is not so flattering. I wish I read this book before I purchased certain clothes.
Simone Vd stadt beaney
Aug 22, 2013 Simone Vd stadt beaney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kostuums
I really like Trinny & Susanah's books. No matter what your size, body shape and skin type, they can help you pick clothing that flatters you and makes you look and feel awesome.
Cynthia
Oct 23, 2008 Cynthia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
Very good advice from my two favorite stylists! I trued to follow their advice and it got me compliments so it's working ^_^
Lana.
May 17, 2016 Lana. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fashion, non-fiction
T&S's frank and light-hearted look at body shapes is fun read with some helpful advice. But as other reviewers have commented before only a few pages really apply to each type, so once you figure out your own, perhaps share the book with friends.

Most valuable was perhaps the celebrity matches provided for each type. The book model is someone more on the street/average which is nice to see, but the celebrity matches can help you to find more flattering looks to copy / study.
Giselle
Apr 14, 2016 Giselle rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was very painful to read. It was bitchy as hell. Their best advice for my body type was to wear a statement necklace and a big coat.
Jan 10, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Most of the fashion advice would be out of date now but the advice on how to style and appreciate your body shape is timeless.
Julie
I liked it because I like Trinny and Susannah and their snark and British words - they say "tits" all the time!

Otherwise, it was not unlike many fashion/style books I have read. And there are only a handful of pages dedicated to each body-type.
G
Dec 17, 2007 G rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
i didn't like this one as much as their other books because i didn't feel that as much of it applied to me. i also don't find body shape categories as useful as their idea of dressing specific body 'faults' and assets.
Mckinley
May 16, 2011 Mckinley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like their down to earth realistic approach to dressing one's best. This volume is fun to look at because they use movie stars as examples of each body type - what works and doesn't even of them.
Merrilee
Mar 15, 2011 Merrilee rated it it was amazing
A fantastic book. As usual, S&T dispense their down-to-earth, slightly profane advice and teach women to learn to love what they have and still look fabulous.

Christine
Feb 10, 2013 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great reference and go to for ideas if you're not sure if the item of clothing you want to get works for your shape.
Vesna
Oct 16, 2009 Vesna marked it as to-read
Shelves: wish-list
I saw it in Profil. Worth buying, good advice with picture illustrations
Judith
Judith marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Danielle
Danielle rated it it was ok
May 05, 2016
Simone Van Kleef
Simone Van Kleef rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Emma
Emma rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2016
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2016
Anushi Wijetunga
Anushi Wijetunga is currently reading it
Mar 24, 2016
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Cherryb
Cherryb rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2016
Roderick J Knight
Roderick J Knight marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2016
Nicole
Nicole rated it did not like it
Feb 10, 2016
Maxine Ward
Maxine Ward rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Tamsin
Tamsin added it
Mar 07, 2016
Shaalini Mehta
Shaalini Mehta rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2016
  • Dress Your Best
  • How to Have Style
  • One Nation Under Stress: The Trouble with Stress as an Idea
  • Go Fug Yourself: The Fug Awards
  • Sew Retro: 25 Vintage-Inspired Projects for the Modern Girl & A Stylish History of the Sewing Revolution
  • The Pocket Stylist
  • The Fundamentals of Fashion Design
  • Fashion: The Definitive History of Costume and Style
  • Be Good: How to Navigate the Ethics of Everything
  • The Fashion Designer Survival Guide: Start and Run Your Own Fashion Business
  • In the Shadow of Jezebel (Treasure of His Love)
  • Active Hope: How to Face the Mess We're in without Going Crazy
  • Deconstructing Penguins: Parents, Kids, and the Bond of Reading
  • Forever Chic: Frenchwomen's Secrets for Timeless Beauty, Style, and Substance
  • Apartment Therapy presents real homes, real people, hundreds of real design solutions
  • 100 Dresses: The Costume Institute / The Metropolitan Museum of Art
  • 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet: A Collection of Beautiful Blooms for Embellishing Garments, Accessories, and More
  • Insight Meditation: A Psychology of Freedom
English fashion journalist, advisor, television presenter, author and designer.
More about Susannah Constantine...