Start by marking “I See You” as Want to Read:
I See You

I See You

For paramedic Dia Courvant, each day brings the possibility of facing blood and death. But nothing matched the horror of the day she was dispatched to the scene of a terrible car accident and rescued the sole survivor--only to find her own husband dead in the wreckage. Now, four years later, a series of deadly car crashes has brought handsome detective Brig Hafferty into D ...more
Published July 5th 2006 by Onyx (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about I See You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I See You

Angela
Holly Lisle's latest paranormal romantic suspense novel wasn't quite as substantial as her previous two attempts, Midnight Rain and Last Girl Dancing; in fact, it was a fluffy enough read that I easily whipped through it in a day. It was much the same mold as the previous two, and in fact was a sequel to Midnight Rain, since it had one character in common. But while Midnight Rain was an enjoyable read and took a bit of time to introduce you to the characters and let you get to know them before t ...more
Benjamin Thomas
Nov 04, 2014 Benjamin Thomas rated it really liked it
I'm sure I'm probably not the exact target audience for this book but I more or less inherited it and thought I would give it a try. And, actually, I was pleasantly surprised. I had never read anything by this author and assumed it would be a romance disguised as a thriller novel. And, yeah, it is that but there was quite a bit more thriller than romance here. It's not heavy reading but one needs a quick lighter read now and again and this one involves a stalker which always has good thriller-ty ...more
Margaret Fisk
Jul 08, 2015 Margaret Fisk rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, reviewed
This book is not a romance in my definition of them particularly, but a great story. I had many of the pieces to the mystery (some even the characters didn’t catch though that was plausible), but didn’t have the answer. I don’t know if it’s because my ability to pick up all the clues is failing, or because all the pieces aren’t present to help people like me get the answer before everyone else. Though I can usually see the answer, it didn’t bug me that I couldn’t. The story is enjoyable without ...more
jenjn79
Mar 24, 2008 jenjn79 rated it really liked it
Kathy
Dec 11, 2016 Kathy rated it really liked it
This book was really good! I would highly recommend.
Barbara ★
Jun 10, 2009 Barbara ★ rated it it was amazing
Florida cop Brig Hafferty is investigating a series of bomb related traffic accidents when he stumbles upon paramedic Dia Courvant. He is instantly smitten and vows to follow up with her regarding this accident. When Dia calls him about a stalker, Brig responds immediately and basically moves in until the stalker is caught. Of course, this doesn't faze the stalker and nasty incidents still occur. The trick is figuring out who he is and how he is doing what he's doing. When the final curtain is r ...more
Christian
Jun 28, 2013 Christian rated it really liked it
The mystery and suspense element of the book is very strong. Her characters are superbly developed and real.There was nothing wrong with the story in general, and the author did a good job of making this a 'who done it' with so many characters involved. I liked that Brig and Dia are everyday characters like you and me. At which I think inhanced the story, Brig couldn't save Dia from every situation of this story. There is a parnormal element to the story,but not over the top. But I don't want to ...more
Angie
Sep 04, 2007 Angie rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2007
I was a little disappointed when I saw on the inside cover that this was classified as "romantic suspense" because I love suspense but am not crazy about romance novels. But I decided to soldier on and read it anyway.

WOW, am I glad I did! There was some romance (actually, just some "hot" {hotness is in the eye of the reader...} sex scenes) and it was a little hokey, but it didn't detract too much from the overall story. The mystery part of the story kept me guessing all the way to the end. I ha
Sara
Oct 07, 2008 Sara rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense, romance
I had to spend some time at the auto shop this weekend and grabbed this off my bookshelf to reread. I enjoyed this pretty suspenseful story of an EMT who suddenly finds herself the target of a stalker--4 years after her husband and fellow EMT is killed in a car accident. Intertwined with her personal safety issue is a larger mystery of a killer who is mass murdering people by causing auto accidents. The author does a good job of holding the suspense, as you don't really know "who done it" until ...more
Ursula
Apr 25, 2008 Ursula rated it really liked it
This was a one-sitting read for me. It is about a woman who works as a paramedic who becomes the focus of an unbalanced man. The ambulance scenes are engaging. The main character, Dia, meets a cop who becomes involved in her security.
This is not what you would call "literary" fiction by any means. However, if you enjoy a fast paced thriller, peppered with the paranormal and a little spicy sex thrown in, you may enjoy this book, as I did.
penelopewanders
I'm not terribly good at reading thrillers; I keep suddenly standing up and wanting to walk away. Of course, then I have to come back and keep reading. This was pretty good and I liked the heroine who seemed very down to earth and grounded, dealing well with all that was happening around and to her. The only bit I felt was quite over the top was the slightly paranormal twinge...and the end felt a bit rushed somehow. Enjoyed it nonetheless.
Michelle Wardhaugh
This one's connected to Midnight Rain in that it follows a side character from there. The heroine was a real kick-ass dame. But I'm glad to be done with these kind of thrillers for a while. They're well written, but the tension irritates my sleep at night, and I like my sleep better than I like the vicarious sense of justice when a fictitious bad guy gets taken down. It's a good example of the genre, though, so for people who like this kind of thing, go for it.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
There is something about the way Ms. Lisle writes where her romantic suspense ones are more creepy thriller ones. It's the psycho stalker which makes a woman keep on her lights on at night, a baseball bat by the bed and a gun under her pillow. (Who doesn't sleep with a weapon near by?)

Still, this was a good one which I enjoyed. Fast read which had me turning the pages until I finished in one sitting.
Evelyn
Apr 19, 2008 Evelyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
Paramedic Dia Courvant rescues the sole survivor of a horrible traffic accident only to find her husband dead in the wreckage. Now, police suspect that someone is staging freeway accidents and the same man could be stalking her. As she dreams about the encounters, she wonders if her husband could be protecting her from beyond the grave.

Exciting and suspenseful. Makes a great beach read. Highly recommend.
Afsana
Jan 02, 2012 Afsana rated it really liked it
this is the first one of her books that I have read and I enjoyed it. it was light an quick read. Not a intellectual book but this type of book is not meant to make you think. I guessed how he was getting by them though was surprisd at who the criminal was.

there was a supernatural element but only heard bout near end and was a sidebar
Shugak
Nov 25, 2008 Shugak rated it really liked it
Finished the book and liked it enough to look for other books by this author. The storyline and ending were somewhat typical but it was interesting enough I was up reading past my bedtime. Recommended for a light fast read.
Yati Daud
Sep 27, 2007 Yati Daud rated it really liked it
Another brilliant book by Lisle..
she kinda disappoint me at first cos she revealed the killer's name earlier.. but she kept me in suspense cos no one knows who is this killer of hers... and all the time i was wondering who can it be.. i think it's a good ending. i like it!
Lynn
Mar 19, 2016 Lynn rated it liked it
I See You was a light mystery with an interesting story, but it was almost too light for me, so I was completely thrown when a character was killed. It was pretty predictable as far as mysteries go, and the romance was hardly explored. As well written as it was, it just wasn't enough of a story.
Marion
Feb 11, 2008 Marion rated it liked it
This book was hard to put down. Suspense at every turn of the page and not one to read if you are a female alone in the house at night!!
Carrie
Jun 25, 2008 Carrie rated it it was ok
Shelves: who-dun-it
Hmmm a mystery with romance. Interesting. Guessed "who done it" waaaaaaay before the end. It was fine. Good fluff read.
Lisa
Feb 05, 2009 Lisa added it
Shelves: chic-lit
Shameless, guilty pleasure, whatever. My mother-in-law gives me these kind of books, and it is good to pass a few hours especially being snowed and iced in.
Phemme0112
Phemme0112 rated it it was ok
Feb 28, 2010
Rae
Rae rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2008
Colleen
Colleen rated it it was ok
Apr 26, 2016
Sparta5
Sparta5 rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2015
Judy Mandle
Judy Mandle rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2011
Mike
Mike rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2012
Pam
Pam rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2016
Dixie Schulz
Dixie Schulz rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2016
Zawani
Zawani rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Timeless Healing
  • Glenraven (Glenraven, #1)
  • The Otherworld (SERRAted Edge, #2-3)
  • Blind Fear (Cold Case Thriller, #2)
  • Cold Feet
  • The Complete Humorous Sketches and Tales of Mark Twain
  • The Kindly Ones
  • At the City's Edge
  • Dancing on the Edge of the Roof
  • 18 Seconds (Sherry Moore, #1)
  • Arousing Suspicions
  • Sleep Softly
  • Timeshadow Rider
  • A Time to Mend (Safe Harbor #1)
  • Auto da Fay
  • The Space Between
  • Sin and Vengeance
  • More Tales of Pirx the Pilot
Holly Lisle has been writing fiction professionally since 1991, when she sold FIRE IN THE MIST, the novel that won her the Compton Crook Award for best first novel. She has to date published more than thirty novels and several comprehensive writing courses. She has just published WARPAINT, the second stand-alone novel in her Cadence Drake series.

Holly had an ideal childhood for a writer…which is t
More about Holly Lisle...