Start by marking “Men, Love & Sex: The Complete User's Guide for Women” as Want to Read:
Men, Love & Sex: The Complete User's Guide for Women

Men, Love & Sex: The Complete User's Guide for Women

3.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  92 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
THIS IS THE BOOK THAT WILL COMPLETELY CHANGE THE WAY YOU THINK ABOUT MEN!

In this funny and fascinating guide for women, thousands of men confess what turns them on, what turns them off, and what turns "for now" into "forever."

What makes a man fall in love? Why do men really cheat? What does he want in the bedroom? What's the one thing that men crave in a relationship more
Published September 5th 2006 by Rodale Books

To ask other readers questions about Men, Love & Sex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Men, Love & Sex

Elizabeth
May 04, 2009 Elizabeth rated it it was ok
Started out with great potential, but got hung up on the sex angle of men and relationships. This was especially funny because early on in the book he goes on a bit of a tirade about the fact that men are not obsessed with sex. I finally quite reading it the tone shifted from, "ladies, here is a way to understand and work with your man" to "This is just the way he is so get used to it and don't expect any better". The other frustrating chapter was the discussion on what constitutes cheating, tha ...more
Ghalia
Aug 07, 2015 Ghalia rated it really liked it
Shelves: relationships
I really liked the book since it gave me an advice from different men about how they think and behave.
Suzanne Moore
Apr 22, 2014 Suzanne Moore rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction, brouhaha
I don't know if I'd really get much use out of this "complete user's guide for women." I don't recall any of the case studies in this guide having men over 35. There were a lot of very corny pick-up lines in the examples of "say this not that" ... For instance, "How would you like to play Simon Says blindfolded?" Really??

I guess one thing important to remember is that men don't always think like women. While sometimes they seem to take things lightly, deep down they are just feeling secure in th
Traci
Jul 05, 2015 Traci rated it really liked it
Does give some helpful insights as to why men are the way they are.
Deanna
Feb 03, 2009 Deanna rated it really liked it
Men's Health(r) editor-in-chief David Zinczenko, uses his insightful research methods to solving one of the great challenges of the day-helping women understand men. From the first moment they meet, through every stage of courtship to the inevitable conclusion-success or breakup-Zinczenko outlines with vivid, compassionate, and irreverent detail exactly what goes on in the minds of men and how women can use that knowledge to their advantage.

Can't say that I understand men any better, but it was
Lesley Strom
Feb 23, 2014 Lesley Strom rated it it was ok
Picked up this book because I thought it would be interesting to hear a guy's opinion on how guys think...guess I learned a few things and on other topics what I assumed I knew was actually correct...! Interesting read to say the least ...so I am glad I read this.
Indah Threez Lestari
Biasanya aku jarang beli buku nonfiksi model begini, tapi karena obral murah meriah di Palmerah Barat, aku embat juga deh.

Buku ini memberi pencerahan bagi kaum wanita untuk mengetahui bagaimana pria bertindak, apa yang ada dalam pikirannya, dan apa yang diinginkannya dari sebuah hubungan cinta. Tapi buatku pribadi, memberi pencerahan dan kesadaran bahwa caraku bertindak, jalan pikiranku, dan apa yang kuinginkan dari hubungan cinta sama dengan pria...

What do you think? Am I a woman from Mars?

Cathie
Jan 17, 2014 Cathie rated it really liked it
Laid out in an easy-to-read format, lots of interesting info. Not just for singles, many of quotes and questions are from married men and women.
Pascale
Aug 08, 2012 Pascale rated it did not like it
One hesitates to call this a “book,” since it reads like one of those “Ten Secrets to Make Your Man Crazy” magazine articles. Quick summary of the contents: yes, we men are slobs, but we’re lovable slobs, and you, women, hold the key to our hearts (Yawn, yawn, boring!) Incidentally, I will add that there was no secret formula to fix any problems one may have in one’s intimate relationship with a man, married, single, or other.
Ashley
Aug 22, 2011 Ashley marked it as to-read
Interesting read. It was great to travel into the male mind, even if it's a scary journey every now and then. However, this is a quick read book. The way it's broken up you could get through it in a day or so and have a better understanding of why men do the weird things that they do. It just gave me a lot of insight into the male brain and why they behave the way they do. Give it a shot :)
Kathy
Even if you've been married a long time, it doesn't hurt to be reminded of some basic truths of the human experience.
This lighthearted book is informative and engaging. Stephen Hoye is the perfect narrator for the subject - brotherly, best friend-ish and entertaining.
Christine
Oct 27, 2013 Christine rated it it was ok
Entertaining, but not a book I would consult for advice. It seemed to try and excuse poor behavior by men. I get that men and women think and act differently, but most of this book just made me roll my eyes.
Jaime Marmolejo
Apr 13, 2009 Jaime Marmolejo rated it it was amazing
This is a very fun read. I love to find out the insides of boys minds. haha And for the most part every guy I have read sections to says its completely accurate for the most part. haha VERY FUN!!!
Hippy Girl
Mar 30, 2008 Hippy Girl rated it it was amazing
Very good reading - especially with couples. Good road trip book. You are trapped in a car together! It is enlighting for both men and women - we actually think differently than we thought!
Sher❤
Oct 24, 2011 Sher❤ rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was fun and David is a good writer. I loved hearing what's going on in the minds of men. Lots of good, truthful info that you don't hear everyday.
Shaikerrah Mena
Feb 10, 2009 Shaikerrah Mena is currently reading it
dis book iz krazy!itz tell about mens secrets!it tells it all!datz y i like dis book!these r da kind of books dat i read cuz itz interesting!
Kelly
Oct 03, 2011 Kelly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not much to say, just an amusing read.
Karelin
thought it was extremely informative!
Joan
Oct 02, 2009 Joan rated it it was amazing
Good stuff!
Thuy
Dec 14, 2008 Thuy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite amusing.
Sundeep Kumar
Sundeep Kumar rated it did not like it
Feb 02, 2016
Billy Candelaria
Billy Candelaria marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Cherie
Cherie marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Sally
Sally marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Jaime
Jaime rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2015
Kali
Kali marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2015
Chamo
Chamo marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
GHo
GHo marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
Zsozso
Zsozso marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2015