Start by marking “Fatal Embrace: The Inside Story Of The Thomas Capano/Anne Marie Fahey Murder Case” as Want to Read:
Preview

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  10 reviews
When Anne Marie Fahey, beautiful, ambitious secretary to the Governor of Delaware, disappeared in June of 1996, all eyes immediately turned to Thomas Capano, the high-powered attorney with whom Anne Marie had been having a clandestine love affair.

Well-respected, politically connected, married, and a father of four, Thomas Capano denied knowing anything about Anne Marie's d
Published November 15th 1999 by St. Martin's True Crime

To ask other readers questions about Fatal Embrace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fatal Embrace

The Delaware Indians by C.A. WeslagerThe Summer Wind by George AnastasiaNew Sweden On The Delaware by C.A. WeslagerFatal Embrace by Cris BarrishAnd Never Let Her Go by Ann Rule
Delaware Connection
4th out of 50 books — 1 voter
The Discreet Charms of a Bourgeois Beach Town by Rich BarnettA Light in the Storm by Karen HesseSmokey O by Celia CohenSandy Shorts by Nancy Powichroski ShermanAs I Lay Frying by Fay Jacobs
Books set in Delaware
35th out of 37 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Kathy
fatal embrace

I really enjoyed this book. The story was well told and held my interest until the very end. Always amazed at how vulnerable people can be when it comes to relationships but so intelligent other wise. Good rad, sad story...
Maureen Gleckner
comprehensive study of a "control"freak"

Excellent read. For a true story that one would believe is a soap opera. Unless you are a Delawarian, you might not believe this actually happened. It did!
Tari
I've never seen anyone who could blame everyone in the world but himself like this guy. What a shame.
Kathy
I really enjoyed this book. It was well written. A lot of times these true crimes get so repetitive and I skim over the pages especially during the trials. This book held my interest until the very end. This was a very good read. I am always amazed at how vulnerable people can be when it comes to relationships even though they are otherwise very smart intelligent people. Sad....
Michelle
True Crime always has that voyeur vibe to it. The look into someone else's life. This was a sad story and the guy was a total gruesome but oddly charming man. Ive read better True Crime than this but it was fair.
Tammy
I really liked this book and thought it gave a great account of the lives and trial. I feel so bad not only for the Fahey family but for all the people that this man hurt.
John
Very good book. One of the most well known and powerful people in all of Delaware. Also one of the biggest lowlifes I have ever read about.
Megan
I'm a Wilmingtonian who was living away from Wilmo Delmo when this scandal was captivating the populace. These books are how I caught up.
Lynda
Very good for focussing on the investigation and trial.
Jean Barry
Thomas Capano died in prison in 2011. What a horrible man.
Deanna
Deanna added it
Mar 13, 2015
Deb
Deb added it
Aug 26, 2014
Jennifer Sieminski
Jennifer Sieminski marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Janna
Janna added it
May 31, 2014
Ann Sikes
Ann Sikes marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014